How To Mod Client (New Armor) On Glorydays?

Hello everyone!  ^_^

I'm a professional artist who ran a Gracia server many years ago. Recently, my friend set up a Lineage 2 private server and I'm helping him in my spare time.

We'd like to "clone" armors and add self-made textures to them to achieve new custom armors.

Unfortunately, I'm having an hard time in finding the right tools (expecially Unreal Editor 2) to mod the Glory Days  client (protocol 479, encrypt 413).

I searched this forum and the web for days and I'm stuck. Please, would you help me?

In exchange, I'll gladly share our customs and accept requests!  :lol: 

Many thanks in advance,

Nime

Edited by Universe

copy the armor set id's in armorgrp and rename the id's then replace the normal textures with yours (mfighter.armor_t69_u -> yourTexture.xxxxnonamexxxx420)

Edited by xxxxxownerproxxxxx

Hello and thanks for your answer. Now I think I can mod smoothly... if only I could find Unreal Editor 2.

Unfortunately, I lost my old files when I moved and I'm having an hard time to find UEditor2 online because links aren't working anymore.

I searched for weeks and got every possible tool except the editor. :_(

Could you point me to a working download or pass UEditor2 to me?

Many thanks in advance! ^__^

D'oh!
I carefully followed this guide http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/65-texture-editing/ but Unreal Editor gives me an error when opening UTX. I also tried with L2toolo instead of L2tool but didn't solve.

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2809 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (1247)

TexEnvMap FElf.LowBody.TexEnvMap10: Serial size mismatch: Got 7, Expected 212

History: LoadObject <- (TexEnvMap FElf.LowBody.TexEnvMap10 34860==34860/103353405 34853 212) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="H:\Lineage-of-Elysium\server\L2Client Developering Tools & FIles by Zelan\Tools\Basic Tools\FElf.clear2.utx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="H:\Lineage-of-Elysium\server\L2Client Developering Tools & FIles by Zelan\Tools\Basic Tools\FElf.clear2.utx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="H:\Lineage-of-Elysium\server\L2Client Developering Tools & FIle).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

May that be because I'm taking files from GloryDays client? :O

D'oh!

I carefully followed this guide http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/65-texture-editing/ but Unreal Editor gives me an error when opening UTX. I also tried with L2toolo instead of L2tool but didn't solve.

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2809 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (1247)

TexEnvMap FElf.LowBody.TexEnvMap10: Serial size mismatch: Got 7, Expected 212

History: LoadObject <- (TexEnvMap FElf.LowBody.TexEnvMap10 34860==34860/103353405 34853 212) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="H:\Lineage-of-Elysium\server\L2Client Developering Tools & FIles by Zelan\Tools\Basic Tools\FElf.clear2.utx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="H:\Lineage-of-Elysium\server\L2Client Developering Tools & FIles by Zelan\Tools\Basic Tools\FElf.clear2.utx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="H:\Lineage-of-Elysium\server\L2Client Developering Tools & FIle).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

May that be because I'm taking files from GloryDays client? :o

You need to  have proper version of Unreal editor that supports .ukx packages with Skeletal Animation, like this one http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,155.0.html otherwise you cant do nothing with animation, it simply doesn't writed for l2 version.

You need to  have proper version of Unreal editor that supports .ukx packages with Skeletal Animation, like this one http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,155.0.html otherwise you cant do nothing with animation, it simply doesn't writed for l2 version.

Are you seriously bashing other people's english in other threads when you are pretty bad (bold)?

Not that you always need to be good at something to criticize it, but I'd say this (language) applies to this case.

Edited by ericvini

Are you seriously bashing other people's english in other threads when you are pretty bad (bold)?

Not that you always need to be good at something to criticize it, but I'd say this (language) applies to this case.

Oh my god i knew i should'v wasted a little more time on that part :D go on Redness.

Oh my god i knew i should'v wasted a little more time on that part :D go on Redness.

Go back to speaking your shitty mother tongue - if you ever manage to speak that properly maybe you can try to correct others.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/redness

Oh my, I didn't want this thread to turn in an off-topic flame.  :-X 
If my English is bad, I apologize, stil I need some help to get tools working properly.

@LIghtFusion
"my program which can convert UE2 ukx to Lineage2 ukx"
Sorry but this is not what I'm trying to achieve here. I only want to open/mod UTX texture files on GloryDays client.

i'm assuming you are new to this forum but Lightfusion literally always does this and provides very vague answers although some of them do have some truth to them however you have to understand what you are doing first

1: you cant really 'open' retail files 

2: your best bet is to export all the textures with something like http://gildor.org/down/37/umodel/umodel_win32.zip and edit them then import them in a new utx (no reason to modify original ones)

create a bat in the same folder with your umodel

umodel -export -all file.utx

Hello LE MEMER MASTER! ^__^
I'm rather aware of the process, but it was 7 years ago since I modded L2...
I tried as you mentioned, but it didn't work with my client's file. It worked on an older file (I suppose Interlude).

However, in this forum I saw people sharing "new stuff for old clients", so I think there's a way to mod a GloryDays client as well.

Here's a file from my client: http://l2elysium.furbina.eu/FElf.zip

I'll keep on trying, maybe someone can check this file in the meantime and suggest me the right way.
Thank you. :)

Oh, is that my file working like a charm?! :O
Then, I guess I have an outdated version of L2tool(o) which can't decode GloryDays UTX correctly.
I suppose this is why users in this forum can share adaptions from even Lindvior while I can't open a thing.  :huh:

LE MEMER MASTER, would you mind sharing your L2Tool for me to try further?
Thx!  :lol: