Top Pvp-Pk

Lioy

it doesn't sort the database pvp kills

it just sorts a map's values.

It's simple.

yes but they CAN'T REFRESH since you dont have task man. Are we speaking the same language?

let go that you should use SQL ORDER BY, at least understand what Im telling you

yes but they CAN'T REFRESH since you dont have task man. Are we speaking the same language?

let go that you should use SQL ORDER BY, at least understand what Im telling you

Please read better the code , in every sendData it sorts the maps , that's all what is needed. you can't understand this?

Edited by Lioy

dude since you read from db once you store static data on the maps. If I get a pvp it will still send the pvp amount I had once the server started so it doesnt refresh. 

Thats what im trying to explain you, you cant have self-refreshing data without db connection if theres no task to reschedule data read.

Please read better the code , in every sendData it sorts the maps , that's all what is needed. you can't understand this?

whats the point of sorting the same map every time? it holds static data

dude since you read from db once you store static data on the maps. If I get a pvp it will still send the pvp amount I had once the server started so it doesnt refresh. 

Thats what im trying to explain you, you cant have self-refreshing data without db connection if theres no task to reschedule data read.

You are wrong again , maybe you didn't understand how it works.

playersPvpKills.put(charName, pvpKills) replaces pvpKills if key is same..

Realy why you insist since I tested it?

You are wrong again , maybe you didn't understand how it works.

playersPvpKills.put(charName, pvpKills) replaces pvpKills if key is same..

Realy why you insist since I tested it?

can u explain me how you refresh the data dude? What you say makes no sense

can u explain me how you refresh the data dude? What you say makes no sense

lol

When server starts , data is retrieving into map. So the map has all charnames,pvps . Every time a player's pvp's count changes , it's putted in the map.

If the server restart again, 1 more database connection and it's repeating. Simple enough

Edited by Lioy

How you do this?

public void setPkKills(int pkKills)
    {
        _pkKills = pkKills;
+       Top.addDataPk(getName(), getPkKills());
    }

/**
@@ -1917,6 +1919,7 @@
    public void setPvpKills(int pvpKills)
    {
        _pvpKills = pvpKills;
+       Top.addDataPvp(getName(),getPvpKills());
    }

Okay I understand now, but why you choose the shitiest way to do it? You make things too complicated for no reason at all.

Just put a task reading from the database every x seconds like everybody does, and use that goddamn ORDER BY. You will get rid of those retarded maps and methods and a 100 lines shorter and cleaner code all in one class..

Its too sad that I have to be the bad guy telling you what to do with your code but the rest few with knowledge on this forum won't even bother to support what I tell you or help you improve your code. Anyway 

Okay I understand now, but why you choose the shitiest way to do it? You make things too complicated for no reason at all.

Just put a task reading from the database every x seconds like everybody does, and use that goddamn ORDER BY. You will get rid of those retarded maps and methods and a 100 lines shorter and cleaner code all in one class..

Its too sad that I have to be the bad guy telling you what to do with your code but the rest few with knowledge on this forum won't even bother to support what I tell you or help you improve your code. Anyway 

That's the main question man , if this code is better or worst than continuously database connection like others , your opinion is 'NO IT SUCKS' , but I want more opinions from more ppl :P 

We are not here to fight :P

I would still use the one that makes connections every time a bypass is cought though, because the code seems more simple and i use more values like: clan name, hero, etc :D

I would still use the one that makes connections every time a bypass is cought though, because the code seems more simple and i use more values like: clan name, hero, etc :D

Simplest things are not always the best. Maybe this one yes (?) , still dont know. I won't comment about this one about clan name , heroes you said ;/

Edited by Lioy

Guest Elfocrash

Performance wise this way is way better. As this comparing to a sql connection is probably 10 times liter. However i would trust more a sql connection every x minutes to refresh this rather than on click or on pvp kill.

Performance wise this way is way better. As this comparing to a sql connection is probably 10 times liter. However i would trust more a sql connection every x minutes to refresh this rather than on click or on pvp kill.

Still better than continuously sql connection on every time that a player talking to npc,press o command or whatever, right? It's a question :P