Staticmeshes - Creating .usx File

Tomoya

Hello again!

I have faced another problem - saving .usx files. I've tried to export one object from later chronicle, it worked fine, but I couldn't set textures (since in UnrealED there was only one slot for material).

I decided to use Blender to convert .3ds into .ase to keep all the material slots, it worked fine, I could set all the needed textures, but my problem now is... Lineage cannot read that .usx file - it gives me an error.

Bad export index 61/4

History: IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Transient.LinkerLoad197 6)) <- UStaticMesh::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (StaticMesh giran_plaza.giran_plaza 6==6/738836 2368 736352) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel 22_22.unr) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

So my question is, how do I import/save .3ds files as .usx so L2 would read it?

The way I'm doing it right now:

- export staticmesh as [-----].3ds via UTPT

- open .3ds with Blender and save it as [-----].ase

- import [-----].ase into UnrealED and set textures

- save as [-----].usx via UnrealED

- l2encdec -e 111 [-----].usx

- see pretty error while loading L2

What I'm doing wrong?

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

never looked into this but if it works without going through blender have you tried combining the textures into 1 material (i dont know the terms for it) with whatever 3d manipulator (like setting the material ids to the same and then combining their uvw to 1 file)

Nvm, found a way to get it working! :)

As you wish. If you have anything else related with that gimme a pm to unlock it.

Take care.