How To Add A Second Client Language?

snifi

Yes i know.

for every language used you have to create specific language files for example files containing all itemnames etc. , texturefiles for worldmap and townmaps and systemvoice. those language files end with the extension "-[language]" like -e for english, -ru for russian, -kr for korean....etc.

you will also notice this when opening the localization.ini. u will see that every extension e.g. -e has its linkings to their language files (texture files too...l2font-e.utx).

the default language is set in (im not at my computer right now) core.int or engine.int (not sure now).

the problem is....the dropdown menue (ingame) for language selection wont show u other languages than english. so u cant change it. there must be another file where u can specify selectable languages for example english and russian only....or in my case i want to have english and german only.(i have full translated files / client version H5)

so im stuck at this point. :(

Well, there is an easier way for that. Make 2 patches , one for each language.

With this way you 'll also decrease the size of the patch.

yes i know there are plenty other ways. i could replace the -de with -e and copypaste them or adding a patch language function to my updater...but that the easy way and not that professional.

If i do something...i want to do it right! i want to use the function which the client offers. :)

u mentioned the patch size...full translation is < 5MB + some MB if u wish to use a new l2font.utx and voice system messages :)

Edited by snifi

• 6 months later...

Its very simple, you need to edit interfacex.dat and interface.u , some tutorials where on russian forums so , unless you know russian you cant do anything with your amount of knowledg

Edited by LightFusion

Pheeew! Thanks for the hint! Yes i can speak and understand russian very well but reading....oooh gosh that takes forever xP. Do you have a website for me where i can find those topics so i can take a look? :)