What Chronicle L2Off Is This?

Zeeyo

Question

Surfing various L2 related sites, I managed to harvest this screenshot:

o4erOsn.jpg

Despite the different Korean font, I could not identify the chronicle - does this mean that someone leaked Epeisodion++ L2OFF?

Why ? So more people that will use your project will claim to have L2Off server ? Well it doesn't matter, you cannot emulate the essential systems that L2J been lacking years.

1. read my previous comment

2. if I make something, I want it properly, isn't so simple? ~~

nah, it's not imitating.. if you follow L2Emu history, //hide on/off and //gmspeed 0...5 exists since Gracia Final. It has an old story. I had a friend so LONG ago. He came from L2OFF and requested me to do it, and I used to use these stuffs. :)

PS: mcbigmac, you're so always rude with me! it hurts my fragile soul..

I don't see where i was rude.

Someone posted something that is made to "look" like l2off.

You claimed it was yours.

L2Off (Atleast somewhat still) has a reputation for certain "retailness correctnessessseses".

If you want to emulate that - there's plenty of core things to change in every single l2j fork that hasnt' been changed since Chef wrote it more or less.

..... i imagine doing that and providing proof would make for a "great selling pack".

I don't see where i was rude.

Someone posted something that is made to "look" like l2off.

You claimed it was yours.

L2Off (Atleast somewhat still) has a reputation for certain "retailness correctnessessseses".

If you want to emulate that - there's plenty of core things to change in every single l2j fork that hasnt' been changed since Chef wrote it more or less.

..... i imagine doing that and providing proof would make for a "great selling pack".

well, actually all I said about pack is "not now", and well just a note... we do not even have any single just similar class of L2Chef.. ~~

but do you see? you again offending.. and I still not understand on that forum everyone who has a "bit colored" name offending always... I just simply made an admin command (about 4 years ago) and exported to my new project at 2012

I still do not get what wrong I did with that simple pure retail-like admin command, to deserve that attitude from you guys... why don't you rather offend L2J? they do retail-like things monthly or weekly

... and yes, if your next sentences would be "why don't you do any more important stuffs that is really retail-like", than my answer is: yes, I do. But next time if you be more friendly/polite, I may consider that I tell to you.

PS: and if that admin-command is the main thing, that you see on the picture, it's really SAD. it's the most minor thing ever... ~~

Edited by lord_rex

Why ? So more people that will use your project will claim to have L2Off server ? Well it doesn't matter, you cannot emulate the essential systems that L2J been lacking years.

Same can be said about L2OFFs with extenders:

Why ? So more people that will use your L2OFF extender will claim to have 100% retail server ? Well it doesn't matter, you cannot emulate the unpublished changes to essential systems done since L2OFF X was leaked, which makes your server as bad as L2J.

well, actually all I said about pack is "not now", and well just a note... we do not even have any single just similar class of L2Chef.. ~~

but do you see? you again offending.. and I still not understand on that forum everyone who has a "bit colored" name offending always... I just simply made an admin command (about 4 years ago) and exported to my new project at 2012

I still do not get what wrong I did with that simple pure retail-like admin command, to deserve that attitude from you guys... why don't you rather offend L2J? they do retail-like things monthly or weekly

... and yes, if your next sentences would be "why don't you do any more important stuffs that is really retail-like", than my answer is: yes, I do. But next time if you be more friendly/polite, I may consider that I tell to you.

PS: and if that admin-command is the main thing, that you see on the picture, it's really SAD. it's the most minor thing ever... ~~

Don't flatter yourself.

The picture shows a client and -  at best - a few packets for login fixed on a new client.

This has and will always be the LEAST work when upgrading to a new chronicle.

It shows nothing of severe thought and work - wether or not it has that and will continue to have more work.

I can make that aswell in extremely short time - and show the same for promotion and go "OMFG LOOK VALIANCE L2OFF EXTENDER - IN TIME!!".

It doesn't however make it complete in anyway or useful for anything except my e-penis size.

The entire purpose of this thread was to "OMFG LOOK MAYBE NEW L2OFF LEAK?!".

Since you came forth as creator - i asked why one would put that in the first place.

The ONLY reason (I can think of) to put it there is to imitate retail\l2off - and if that is THE goal -  there's alot of other stuff to do except making sure rather pointless sysmsg's are sent to client.

HENCE - the comment.

If you took offence to it - then that's your issue buddy.

Don't flatter yourself.

The picture shows a client and -  at best - a few packets for login fixed on a new client.

This has and will always be the LEAST work when upgrading to a new chronicle.

It shows nothing of severe thought and work - wether or not it has that and will continue to have more work.

I can make that aswell in extremely short time - and show the same for promotion and go "OMFG LOOK VALIANCE L2OFF EXTENDER - IN TIME!!".

It doesn't however make it complete in anyway or useful for anything except my e-penis size.

The entire purpose of this thread was to "OMFG LOOK MAYBE NEW L2OFF LEAK?!".

Since you came forth as creator - i asked why one would put that in the first place.

The ONLY reason (I can think of) to put it there is to imitate retail\l2off - and if that is THE goal -  there's alot of other stuff to do except making sure rather pointless sysmsg's are sent to client.

HENCE - the comment.

If you took offence to it - then that's your issue buddy.

1. someone shared a screenshot, and to avoid further gossips/missunderstandings I told it's mine project. Than you started to obfuscate the discussion about minor things.

2. There was XMAS, and I shared a screenshot also, all I wanted is a "GJ" or a "GL", nothing more. I did not even started to advertise, when the time came for it I just said "not now"...

3. Than you started a flame war like a 13 years old KID, and OFC as usually, you again pretending yourself as "so much clever", because you think everyone is "noob & just copy-paste L2Chef's work and only YOU is clever", I really don't know why you think you're "someone", you're "noone". You just think you're someone with your orange[nsaft] name. Please a bit LOWER your attitude, this way you gonna be FOREVER ALONE.

4. Not only the EnterWorld is done... But if you think "it's easy", than DO IT! Prove you can upgrade your beloved L2OFF to Ertheia, but now I tell you, that you gonna bleed out on ExUserInfo & ExNpcInfo, anyway, now I tell you what a polite man should tell (that you will never tell to everyone, because you're too uppity to do it with your orangensaft name): GOOD LUCK, I WISH YOUR SUCCESS!

PS: I think I gonna stop replying from now. Anything I say is completly useless. You just "jelous" and feel your "L2OFF band" beeing attacked, even if the only one is attacking is you. I won't waste my time anymore to assist increasing your uppity.

But just to clear the things. My problem was that I was working on something, there was XMAS, I shared a picture, and you started to spreat your shits about "if a team has an admin command it's just an l2off imitation and other all the stuffs are not working... blablabalba and flame and flame..", no idea why you think "other stuffs" are not working, even if there was no informations shared about "what is done/what is not"....

Edited by lord_rex

1. someone shared a screenshot, and to avoid further gossips/missunderstandings I told it's mine project. Than you started to obfuscate the discussion about minor things.

2. There was XMAS, and I shared a screenshot also, all I wanted is a "GJ" or a "GL", nothing more. I did not even started to advertise, when the time came for it I just said "not now"...

3. Than you started a flame war like a 13 years old KID, and OFC as usually, you again pretending yourself as "so much clever", because you think everyone is "noob & just copy-paste L2Chef's work and only YOU is clever", I really don't know why you think you're "someone", you're "noone". You just think you're someone with your orange[nsaft] name. Please a bit LOWER your attitude, this way you gonna be FOREVER ALONE.

4. Not only the EnterWorld is done... But if you think "it's easy", than DO IT! Prove you can upgrade your beloved L2OFF to Ertheia, but now I tell you, that you gonna bleed out on ExUserInfo & ExNpcInfo, anyway, now I tell you what a polite man should tell (that you will never tell to everyone, because you're too uppity to do it with your orangensaft name): GOOD LUCK, I WISH YOUR SUCCESS!

PS: I think I gonna stop replying from now. Anything I say is completly useless. You just "jelous" and feel your "L2OFF band" beeing attacked, even if the only one is attacking is you. I won't waste my time anymore to assist increasing your uppity.

But just to clear the things. My problem was that I was working on something, there was XMAS, I shared a picture, and you started to spreat your shits about "if a team has an admin command it's just an l2off imitation and other all the stuffs are not working... blablabalba and flame and flame..", no idea why you think "other stuffs" are not working, even if there was no informations shared about "what is done/what is not"....

I'm never going to bleed out on packets.

Why would i bleed out on something i can send static data to?

You are again spending all your time feeling buttuhurt like the typical MXC kid.

Wether l2j or l2off.

If you were proud of you work - you wouldn't bother because you've done tons of feature analysis.

Creating whatever new systems exists in Etheria - and making sure their calculations are as retail as possible.

Making a Server respond in the way a Client accepts on  a base level - is not hard.

And why L2 could have "c2\c3\c4" servers in the old days with 20% of the feature set working.

I don't know what else you've done - which i also mention btw.

You may have done a ton of work researching how X works with Y.

I never once mention that your work is shit - you mention you somehow feel inferrior.

....but that wasn't what the original poster of this thread tried to sensationalize , was it.

Doesn't really matter - however.

If you want goodjob on your fixing correct packets go to l2j subsections.

I'm sure they'll praise you.

But while L2Off has been elitest - it's also been required to have greater standards.

People play on "Interlude L2Off" - because the basis for retail calculations have not changed(And general marketing hype).

It's the same as C4  - with a few new things and bigger new  systems that don't touch the base calculation gameplay.

As said before - if you feel offense that's your issue.

I don't have L2J vs L2Off beef  - you do.

Get over it - i don't in ANYWAY in all of my posts in this thread seem negative towards your personal work.

Infact i encourage it - because l2j seems to have died as public open source effort.

Personally i think it's awesome - but it also requires more than just "AYEE - client connects without issues! woohoo" - to be able to be used.

PS:

....oh and PS: If you want cumshots on your work - show something that determines your ability to do more than just "fix packets".

No matter how much you want to sound elite - EVERY SINGLE PACKET FORMAT - is stored in client and in 99% of the cases can be "NULLED" until further research shows their purpose.

Edited by mcbigmac

If you were proud of you work - you wouldn't bother because you've done tons of feature analysis.

Creating whatever new systems exists in Etheria - and making sure their calculations are as retail as possible.

You know what one good thing started with GoD, and is now done on every single update?

Removing obsolete, useless systems: SSQ, Castle Sieges, TW (goodbye easy nobility), all quests*, crafting & materials, etc etc.

* some starter NPCs remain, but quests are broken, like Hidden Truth series. Replaced by few short high reward quests which do not take time nor effort to implement.

So yeah, if YOU would jump to Dimensional Strangers straight ahead, you'd be much more correct if you claim you have it more retail-like than if you stick with HF (terribly outdated) and below. It works BOTH ways here.

Too bad nobody actually did this, as I see..

Now before you write another 50 pages of comments, I'd like to point out that we went far offtopic. First of all, this thread does not belong in L2OFF section, after all. Secondly, this whole discussion should be moved to... L2 general discussion? I think it would be best if someone closed this thread and moved it to archive, after all.

BECAUSE: I have my answer, and these 1,5 additional pages of butthurt comments between two kids is making my eyes hurt.

until further research shows their purpose.

I love this quote. It shows the stereotypical L2 developers attitude towards the server side.

Behold, after 7-8 years (first reference found in ru C3 network protocol description), l2jserver manages to implement 0xB5 AllianceInfoPacket, only when some unknown contributor gives the full format to them.

No matter how much YOU want to sound elite - EVERY SINGLE PACKET HANDLING CODE IS DONE CLIENT SIDE and all values can be inferred from UE code, without the need of sending some "omg I don't know what is this" "NULLED" values, which somewhy is the fetish of L2 developers since the beginning (C1 leak repurposed for C2/C3/C4, l2jserver 0.x.y).

HOWEVER, your point is 100% true - if you look at l2j or at l2off extenders, you are guaranteed to win any claim that aside from few (< 10) exceptions, ALL new packets will be done WRONG (with your so-called "NULLED" values). Take a look at Castle Siege** related packets - Att/Def registration, siege time selection list - these were NEVER completed, and now CS is gone altogether, so they WILL NEVER BE. They are fucking wrong, because

until further research shows their purpose.

There are no devs who care. All they want when they do not get a L2OFF episode X RC leak is to get packets working only to the point where they can play on their "OH YEAH MAKE ME COME" C1 server (I hear C1 was later replaced by IL, and supposedly with GF nowadays). No idea why they love those obsolete chronicles so much.

** - this feature has already been removed from L2 gameplay.

Edited by Zeeyo

You know what one good thing started with GoD, and is now done on every single update?

Removing obsolete, useless systems: SSQ, Castle Sieges, TW (goodbye easy nobility), all quests*, crafting & materials, etc etc.

* some starter NPCs remain, but quests are broken, like Hidden Truth series. Replaced by few short high reward quests which do not take time nor effort to implement.

So yeah, if YOU would jump to Dimensional Strangers straight ahead, you'd be much more correct if you claim you have it more retail-like than if you stick with HF (terribly outdated) and below. It works BOTH ways here.

Too bad nobody actually did this, as I see..

Now before you write another 50 pages of comments, I'd like to point out that we went far offtopic. First of all, this thread does not belong in L2OFF section, after all. Secondly, this whole discussion should be moved to... L2 general discussion? I think it would be best if someone closed this thread and moved it to archive, after all.

BECAUSE: I have my answer, and these 1,5 additional pages of butthurt comments between two kids is making my eyes hurt.

I love this quote. It shows the stereotypical L2 developers attitude towards the server side.

Behold, after 7-8 years (first reference found in ru C3 network protocol description), l2jserver manages to implement 0xB5 AllianceInfoPacket, only when some unknown contributor gives the full format to them.

No matter how much YOU want to sound elite - EVERY SINGLE PACKET HANDLING CODE IS DONE CLIENT SIDE and all values can be inferred from UE code, without the need of sending some "omg I don't know what is this" "NULLED" values, which somewhy is the fetish of L2 developers since the beginning (C1 leak repurposed for C2/C3/C4, l2jserver 0.x.y).

HOWEVER, your point is 100% true - if you look at l2j or at l2off extenders, you are guaranteed to win any claim that aside from few (< 10) exceptions, ALL new packets will be done WRONG (with your so-called "NULLED" values). Take a look at Castle Siege** related packets - Att/Def registration, siege time selection list - these were NEVER completed, and now CS is gone altogether, so they WILL NEVER BE. They are fucking wrong, because

There are no devs who care. All they want when they do not get a L2OFF episode X RC leak is to get packets working only to the point where they can play on their "OH YEAH MAKE ME COME" C1 server (I hear C1 was later replaced by IL, and supposedly with GF nowadays). No idea why they love those obsolete chronicles so much.

** - this feature has already been removed from L2 gameplay.

I really don't want to get in the middle here. But you said something about them removing castle sieges? I've never heard of this, and if you have any more information on it I would love to see it.

Just to avoid any further gossips.. & also there is XMAS.. :)

ertheia.png

Mother of goodness, new race... It's time to hurry up with Lineage 3, or at least finish Lineage Eternal already :c