Lag Issue

Xerus

Question

Hello guys, i am experiencing some server lag issues when a lot of people are in my server. The lag starts when there are a lot of players in, over 400 especially when olympiad starts at 18:00 and its like every 10 minutes for 3 seconds the server stucks and may disconnect some players. I am thinking that it may be the mysql config file or the Threads & Packets size and Client Packets Queue settings from Config.java file. Have anyone experienced this before?

Are you 100% sure that can't it be about your machine limitations or about kids playing with ddos?

yep cause My machine is 8 core 32gb ram and i am using Hyperfilter also.

Client Packets Queue settings from Config.java

This. We had similar topics in past @ aCis forum. There is some 'bad' settings by default.

This. We had similar topics in past @ aCis forum. There is some 'bad' settings by default.

Can you be more specific please? what settings are you refering to?

Damn, I was right more or less. Since there was a topic with similar 'content' about dat packets in Config.java, but generally it was related to disconnect task when restarting/shuting down the server. Players were disconnected 1 by 1.. :P but well.. No doubt there should be some 'fixes' in dat packets.

Consider to edit default FPs settings which aren't made for a live server.

On Config.java, those are configs beginning by "CLIENT_PACKET_QUEUE". Notably the one with 80/40. Put at least 80/160 and tell me if you got as much dcs as before.

If you still have a lot, continue to increase that value everyday (+10%). Tell me when the amount of dcs is ok (you MUST have some ppl being stopped by FPs protection, notably keep pushing a button).

You should test yourself on a siege or any crowded place with numerous packet send.

Damn, I was right more or less. Since there was a topic with similar 'content' about dat packets in Config.java, but generally it was related to disconnect task when restarting/shuting down the server. Players were disconnected 1 by 1.. :P but well.. No doubt there should be some 'fixes' in dat packets.

i already found that packets last night and increased them, that helped the lag a lot but isnt it for per client and not for the serveR?

Client as it's called, but you see. Low numbers (like a barier) + many ppl = too much packets -> lags

No idea how it works, I improvise :D

Edited by SweeTs

I think it's bad implementation of latest L2J mmocore to esios pack or acis, not so sure, since i never got really into these packs.

With default settings there shouldn't be absolutely any problem, i was running my Interlude server for years using the exact same setup.

I have tried all the values and the lag problem still continues. I will pay anyone who will fix this for me. Is the problem maybe from Hyperfilter?

Could be... The only way to be sure is testing it. Checking what happens with the server with that amount of players without hyper.   :-X

Could be... The only way to be sure is testing it. Checking what happens with the server with that amount of players without hyper.   :-X

Tested ! A little bit better delay but the lags are still happening even without hyperfilter. Maybe its Hetzner?

Tested ! A little bit better delay but the lags are still happening even without hyperfilter. Maybe its Hetzner?

I experienced some dc's when the host was so far away from the users location... but that would be weird... if it happens to all...

I experienced some dc's when the host was so far away from the users location... but that would be weird... if it happens to all...

hetzner just told me that they updated the bios and that it will propably solve the problem but what does this has to do with this... 

Edited by Xerus

I think the problem is based on CLIENT_PACKED_QUEUE cause i did a search in l2jserver forums and some people with 1000 player s had the same problem and after removing these settings they didnt had lag at all..