L2J Traffic Down 9999 Ping

l2herbal

Question

Hi guys,

A friend of mine asked me to help him with a transfer of L2j from Win 7 to Ubuntu Server. Everything is fine but whenever I login I get traffic down and 9999 ping so I cannot login on the actual server.

I will copy -paste here some info from the login/gameserver config... perhaps someone could help me with this:

loginserver.ini

ExternalHostname = 38.96...... (my public IP)

InternalHostname = 127.0.0.1
LoginserverHostname = 38.96...... (my public IP)
LoginserverPort = 2106
LoginHostname = 38.96...... (my public IP)
LoginPort = 9014

gameserver.ini

GameserverHostname = 38...... (my public IP)

GameserverPort = 7777
ExternalHostname = 38.96...... (my public IP)
InternalHostname = 127.0.0.1
LoginPort = 9014
LoginHost = 38.96...... (my public IP)

Tried all sorts of combinations with these IP's ...unfortunately the messge is the same, the needed ports are open in the firewall (tried also with firewall off) - still the same.

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's online. I had the impression ./startloop and ./startgame calls ./gameserver_loop but anyway tried to execute both loop login and loog gameserver - no errors shown but still ping 9999 traffic down  :alone:

any place to check?

Nope, still the same. killed the processes, re-register the game, started lgin + gameserver and the loops, still 9999 ping, traffic down. Are you sure it's not related to the IPs?

I dont think that is ip problem cuz you can log in and you just got high ping on gameserver. Also that can be caused by wrong client or system patched. Ive never tryed ubuntu idk if there maybe ios problem.

Edited by •Cobra•

ports are opened?

Nothing to do with ports and I guess neither with ips.

As •Cobra• and Gries said, probably, you're using and incompatible system, check your system protocol version if it's inside the range allowed by your source.

If you were using the same system when the server was in Windows than which are u using now... and u hadn't the problem... then we can try to help finding out what the hell is the OS doing.

Edited by ^Wyatt

The protocol name from l2.ini is 'unreal' -> replaced also with some numbers found on google -> the game doesn't open anymore.... 

The OS is Ubuntu 12.04 but couldn;t find a list of compatibilities. 

Please help?  :rage:

The protocol name from l2.ini is 'unreal' -> replaced also with some numbers found on google -> the game doesn't open anymore.... 

The OS is Ubuntu 12.04 but couldn;t find a list of compatibilities. 

Please help?  :rage:

Not sure if right anyway, to check system protocol open a wordpad file and put the following line onto it 

l2.exe -L2ProtocolVersion 

save it as "protocol.bat" inside your system folder and run it. 

Not sure if right anyway, to check system protocol open a wordpad file and put the following line onto it 

l2.exe -L2ProtocolVersion 

save it as "protocol.bat" inside your system folder and run it. 

Did that  a few hour ago -> opens L2.exe.  Read somewhere that it doesn't work on Interlude servers. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Any more ideas?

Are you sure that your GameServer is On and your GameServer console is clean of errors? That error can happen when your Login is On and your Gameserver is Off...

Did u check the gameserver logs?

Edited by ^Wyatt

Try game and login hostname default IP aka 127.0.0.1

In past I had the same and I believe it was about ip :p

Or maybe its set as GMServer only? :troll:

Edited by SweeTs

Placed the IP's exactly as you mentioned, started again but still ping 9999 traffic down..... did some research in /gameserver/log/stdout:

Connecting to login on 127.0.0.1:9014
LoginServerThread: Damn! Registeration Failed: Reason: wrong hexid

Figured it has to be registered again, cleaned the last registration, generated a new one, selected 1, copy-pasted in gameserver/config but it still displays
Connecting to login on 127.0.0.1:9014
LoginServerThread: Damn! Registeration Failed: Reason: wrong hexied

....... not to mention Traffic Down, ping 9999

I'm going crazy!!   :rage: