Mostly To L2J Developers

Aphelion

Question

Hello,

I mostly wrote your names because I know how professional you are in these matters of L2J.

I would like to start learning coding, fixing, understanding the language and add some new stuff such as commands, custom items/classes,etc. 

I don't know how to start.. I've seen some youtube tutorials in order to learn Java but I don't know if I should start from there. 

Also, if you could.. tell me how did you start learning/coding in Java, etc. 

How many hours per day should I spend in order to learn coding commands,etc.? And in how much time? (2-3 months or ?)

These  are all my questions, hope you can help me by answering them

Thanks to everyone else who is gonna spend a little time to answer here.

Edited by Aphelion

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

Once you learn the basics you can pretty much achieve anything.

How much time it will get you to learn the basics is entirely up to you, same goes for how much time you are willing to spend on programming.

Have a nice day.

Oh and something more. Do not copy/paste codes you see. Try to do it urself and also dont watch vids on programming unless you really dont understand something and you want further explanation.

Edited by Voqus

Well you already asked this on dev help but...

The time is just up to you and your qualities. If you find it easy you'll need less time, if you find it hard you'll need more time... simple as fuck

We can't say to you how much time should you spend with it, it's totally up to you.

My advice to you is start learning about aplying patches manually and trying to understand what the patch does and compare the result with the code, if you're good enough in English, java is not that hard. I'll link you a video that I made some days ago about applying patches, if it's not usefull for you, just try to find some other guides.

Link here

Edited by ^Wyatt

Guest Elfocrash

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

Once you learn the basics you can pretty much achieve anything.

How much time it will get you to learn the basics is entirely up to you, same goes for how much time you are willing to spend on programming.

Have a nice day.

That's such a bad reply in order to motivate someone learn the language.

Btw i answered that in dev help.

That's such a bad reply in order to motivate someone learn the language.

Btw i answered that in dev help.

He seems already motivated to learn the language so he can program l2j stuff. I don't really need to do anything else than to point him where he can find the knowledge to do so.

I mentioned these names because I see mostly you guys being active/fixing/correcting, etc. I'm not spending a lot of time here that's why.

Guest Elfocrash

He seems already motivated to learn the language so he can program l2j stuff. I don't really need to do anything else than to point him where he can find the knowledge to do so.

Then if you wanna help him with a link then link the l2jserver SVN. Linking a java tutorial which will confuse him than helping him is so abysmal

Oh seems I forgot that I had opened another topic with the same subject(If this is what you are telling me) I had some real life problems to solve and my mind wasn't on mxc/pc at all.

Then if you wanna help him with a link then link the l2jserver SVN. Linking a java tutorial which will confuse him than helping him is so abysmal

Mate, he doesnt even understand the java language as he stated above. That's the only reason why i posted that specific java tutorial.

Once he learns the basics he is free to move on l2j forums and contribute or whatever.