Lineage Ii Finder V1.5 [Update 5]

Version 1.5

Screens:
ae1uti.png30c5282.png
23wlnc6.png2i8f1ck.png

VirusTotal link:
https://www.virustotal.com/it/file/d21808905645f5b4e709afdb207ffd605bd7beba0a3935b6c0354561dd1cca04/analysis/1378321263/ (Result: 1/47)

If you don't trust the software run it in a virtual machine, but please don't make crap posts like "omg it's a virus". Instead I'd like to see some feedback and suggestions.

Info about the software
With this software you can search Skills, Items and NPCs in the server.

• Skills are indexed by XML server files
  • Items are indexed by XML server files
  • NPCs are indexed by npc SQL table (so you need a connection to the database)
  • You can search skills by: name, id
  • You can search items by: name, id
  • You can search npcs by: name, id, idtemplate, title
  • In the result ListView you can order results ascending/descending by pressing on the header you want
  • You can open the file containing stats with notepad by a shortcut button
  • You can see and modify the stats with custom GUI
  • You can choose to open file/edit stats with Notepad++ from settings
  • You can edit NPC easy
  • You can add new NPC easy. There is an option to create a NPC based on another NPC.
  • You can delete NPC

Changelog v1.1

Added item search function

Added progress bar and progress label (anti-frustration for those who have slow PC)

Added function to sord the listView items by clicking on the column head

Added GUI resize possibility

Added my nick to the title

Fixed a bug that sometimes didn't show all skills found

Changelog v1.2

Added Now you can search by multiple values such as ID, Name, ecc

Added NPC search with MySQL connection

Fixed Configuration window now is not empy every time

Changelog v1.3

Added Now you can open containing file with a button

Added Now you can edit each item/skill with a button

Fixed If you leave password blank now it will be blank in config, not "0"

Fixed If you leave the user blank now it will be blank in config

Fixed Now the tool won't crash if invalid skill/item path

Fixed Now progress bar in NPC tab works

Fixed Now combo boxes are read-only

Changelog v1.4

Added Now you can choose to open file/edit stats with notepad++ from settings instead of windows notepad and custom GUI

Added Now you can maximize the main GUI

Fixed MySQL reconnects on setting change, so you don't have to restart every time the tool

Fixed edit skill/item custom GUI font style and height changed

Fixed edit skill/item custom GUI is resizable

Fixed improved position of controls when main GUI is resized

Fixed improved position of controls when main GUI is resized

Changelog v1.5

Added Support for Freya and High Five database

Added Now you can edit NPC

Added Now you can add new NPC

Added Now you can delete NPC

Fixed some minor bugs

SCREENSHOTS ARE OUTDATED

Download Link:

NOTE: when you configure the MySQL connection a .DLL file will appear in the folder. It's the DLL library that handles connection to the database. The DLL is generated dynamically in base of your system architecture and if it's deleted it's regenerated.

For now you can find Skills and Items, just enter the name in the right tab and it will search for that name in the .xml files (case insensitive and you can search for partial names too). I am working on more complete solution and I am rewriting the code in C# cause I have some problems with Autoit by implementing something.

I'm writing this post just because I can see that you did put effort in this.

1) I'll start with a spelling mistake (not important at all, I know but still), title has "Searchig" instead of "Searching".

2) It would be better if you would make the select boxes (By name, By ID) read-only because now you can write anything in it.

3) If the items/skills dir (in settings) is incorrect, it returns an error and program is being terminated.

4) If you leave the password field blank, it puts 0 in the config. (because of the encryption thing) so you should put an if-statement if field is blank, it should leave it blank)

5) MySQL is connecting only at program startup. It would be better if it would try connecting when the user changes his settings.

6) When I did leave the password blank manually by editing config.ini, it still had a character in the password textbox field.

That's my review from a quick look, good luck with your program.

I'm writing this post just because I can see that you did put effort in this.

1) I'll start with a spelling mistake (not important at all, I know but still), title has "Searchig" instead of "Searching".

2) It would be better if you would make the select boxes (By name, By ID) read-only because now you can write anything in it.

3) If the items/skills dir (in settings) is incorrect, it returns an error and program is being terminated.

4) If you leave the password field blank, it puts 0 in the config. (because of the encryption thing) so you should put an if-statement if field is blank, it should leave it blank)

5) MySQL is connecting only at program startup. It would be better if it would try connecting when the user changes his settings.

6) When I did leave the password blank manually by editing config.ini, it still had a character in the password textbox field.

That's my review from a quick look, good luck with your program.

Thank you for your report :D I'll fix in next version.

notepad ++ simply the best.

Yeah but with this you can do things faster :P

Alright.

By the way, you can add more things or make some things better but I'll let you find them out yourself.

Good luck.