Java Code

FrozenWarrior

Question

11 answers to this question

i have done adding some codes to my server..

but these codes had + on things you have to add and where you have to add those...

this code gives no help how to add it.. it gives you just the code... and i dont know what to do with it...

It's just 2 new files which you have to add. Look at package location and add it there. Im talking about those 2 pastebin links.

1st code should be in .properties file. (defined in Config.java - look below)

2nd and 3rd into Config.java

By default its in elcardia.getProperty which you dont have, so paste it example in players.prop section (change elcardia to players).

4th GameServer.java as its written, wherever you want generally, but under 'scripts' or so, you can paste it :P

It's just 2 new files which you have to add. Look at package location and add it there. Im talking about those 2 pastebin links.

1st code should be in .properties file. (defined in Config.java - look below)

2nd and 3rd into Config.java

By default its in elcardia.getProperty which you dont have, so paste it example in players.prop section (change elcardia to players).

4th GameServer.java as its written, wherever you want generally, but under 'scripts' or so, you can paste it :P

i get so much errors dude :/ and i totally need it :/

I suggest you to take time to learn those basics, you will have HARDER times if your server goes live, believe me.

If you can't pass such codes, you shouldn't open any type of server.

I don't understand why everyone wants to make his own server. I mean if you suck at piano, you won't play in public or play concerts, right ? There are enough servers online to fit with players needs. Do you think players will stay on your server if they manage to learn the admin can't even pass a simple code ?

Just give up, or explore the code / learn code errors. That won't be the last errors you will have, in fact it's only the beginning.

PS : saying "you got errors" don't even help us to help you. The topic can continue infinitely that way, you bumping it everyday (like this one). So do an effort presenting things, or just ask for a topic lock.

I suggest you to take time to learn those basics, you will have HARDER times if your server goes live, believe me.

If you can't pass such codes, you shouldn't open any type of server.

I don't understand why everyone wants to make his own server. I mean if you suck at piano, you won't play in public or play concerts, right ? There are enough servers online to fit with players needs. Do you think players will stay on your server if they manage to learn the admin can't even pass a simple code ?

Just give up, or explore the code / learn code errors. That won't be the last errors you will have, in fact it's only the beginning.

PS : saying "you got errors" don't even help us to help you. The topic can continue infinitely that way, you bumping it everyday (like this one). So do an effort presenting things, or just ask for a topic lock.

i sayed what i wanted... i was just waiting for someone to help me add this one so i can learn how...i searched lot of times how to add it alone..but didnt found anything...you learned from the 1st days.? because im trying to learn...! anyway LOCK IT np..

If someone makes it for you, you won't learn anything. That's like asking to someone to make your school exercices.

I never posted requests such as "pls pass codes on my pack cause I'm rookie". My only request so far on those forums, 2 years ago, was "what is a NPE". And AFAIK, the answer can still be useful to anyone beginning, both in Java or L2J.

I don't have anymore power to lock, and you gave up pretty fast. Still waiting your code errors... Or you will continue to say you got errors, you're rookie and you can't pass your codes ?

PS : what will happen when your users will complain about a bug, about a -beep-ed up formula, about a suggestion they/you would like to add ? What will you do in that time ? Begging ppl to pass codes for you ? Paying someone who can dev it ? Or make it yourself ?

PS2 : where did you go from SweeTs answer ?

PS3 : I like to say L2J is 30% Java, 70% code exploration. Java is almost irrelevant when you know where and what to search. Java is pure logic. L2J organization has to be learnt/known. Did you make that work first ? Do you know what is L2PcInstance.java, Config.java ? Where are stored formulas ? How are organized items, skills ? Trust me, you would LEARN a lot just exploring files by yourself being curious.

SweeTs managed to find locations for you, do you think he is a pro dev or a sorcerer ? That lazy banana just knows how files are organized.

If someone makes it for you, you won't learn anything. That's like asking to someone to make your school exercices.

I never posted requests such as "pls pass codes on my pack cause I'm rookie". My only request so far on those forums, 2 years ago, was "what is a NPE". And AFAIK, the answer can still be useful to anyone beginning, both in Java or L2J.

I don't have anymore power to lock, and you gave up pretty fast. Still waiting your code errors... Or you will continue to say you got errors, you're rookie and you can't pass your codes ?

PS : what will happen when your users will complain about a bug, about a -beep-ed up formula, about a suggestion they/you would like to add ? What will you do in that time ? Begging ppl to pass codes for you ? Paying someone who can dev it ? Or make it yourself ?

PS2 : where did you go from SweeTs answer ?

PS3 : I like to say L2J is 30% Java, 70% code exploration. Java is almost irrelevant when you know where and what to search. Java is pure logic. L2J organization has to be learnt/known. Did you make that work first ? Do you know what is L2PcInstance.java, Config.java ? Where are stored formulas ? How are organized items, skills ? Trust me, you would LEARN a lot just exploring files by yourself being curious.

you are right....but..

its done dude....

lock it please :)