Someone to compile something for me.. or help me with an error!

N1nj4Styl3

Question

Hello!

I tried to compile: ttp://svn.l2jserver.com/branches/L2_GameServer_T2.5

But I experienced the following error: BUILD FAILED

E:\workspace\L2J_Server\build.xml:120: Ant 1.8.2 is required. But your version is Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on June 27 2008

Any help will be much appreciated,thanks.

Chronicle: Freya.

Eclipse SDK 4.2.2

weird because it should have that version of ant, my guess would be some kind of weird backward compatibility issue try to modify it in the build file to 1.8.3 because that version is installed in 4.2.2 eclipse

weird because it should have that version of ant, my guess would be some kind of weird backward compatibility issue try to modify it in the build file to 1.8.3 because that version is installed in 4.2.2 eclipse

Thanks for the fast reply,

are you able to compile it for me? Please.

No worries, you just gotta update your ant dude.

If you're using Windows:

Download binary's version of ant from here (direct link): http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.9.1-bin.zip

Extract it somewhere, then open Eclipse and go to Window > Preferences > Ant > Runtime and click Ant Home.

Then choose the "apache-ant-1.9.1" folder, NOT the apache-ant-1.9.1-bin (first one).

Let me know how it goes.

No worries, you just gotta update your ant dude.

If you're using Windows:

Download binary's version of ant from here (direct link): http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.9.1-bin.zip

Extract it somewhere, then open Eclipse and go to Window > Preferences > Ant > Runtime and click Ant Home.

Then choose the "apache-ant-1.9.1" folder, NOT the apache-ant-1.9.1-bin (first one).

Let me know how it goes.

thats the issue tho, hes eclipse have 1.8.3 so a newer version than required yet it doesnt work thats why i told him to modify the build.xml maybe its a backward compatibility issue which is if the case would be the same probably with other versions also :)

thats the issue tho, hes eclipse have 1.8.3 so a newer version than required yet it doesnt work thats why i told him to modify the build.xml maybe its a backward compatibility issue which is if the case would be the same probably with other versions also :)

Yeah, he should have the newer version of Ant so there is something wrong but I think that my suggestion may be of help.

Let's see how it goes.

Yeah, he should have the newer version of Ant so there is something wrong but I think that my suggestion may be of help.

Let's see how it goes.

yeah he should try both and see if any works :D

Good to hear.

Btw Intrepid, I may work on your idea.

Did you do anything yourself or?

no not yet i just have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE todo list and thats a part of it :)