Current state of private servers

I didn't follow the L2 world since a while ago, but now I'm planning to return coding for private servers. But first I want to ask about your opinion. Are there less private servers since the official L2 went F2P, or it didn't affect them that much? What do you think, is it worth to invest the time in L2J coding again or there aren't enough private servers?

Guest Elfocrash

Interlude is dead as long as only one-two servers with real ddos protection take down every single pvp server to stay alive and in the peak.

Personally i think that it doesn't worth any more to develop the current L2 gameplay. This is why i personally started coding a more wow-ish game based on what L2 can offer me (GUI-platform).

Also the community of the current L2 state is low and as the time goes by it becomes even lower.

I doubt if this game worth to be developed in the way it was the last 6 years (talking about all chronicles).

Interlude is dead as long as only one-two servers with real ddos protection take down every single pvp server to stay alive and in the peak.

Personally i think that it doesn't worth any more to develop the current L2 gameplay. This is why i personally started coding a more wow-ish game based on what L2 can offer me (GUI-platform).

Also the community of the current L2 state is low and as the time goes by it becomes even lower.

I doubt if this game worth to be developed in the way it was the last 6 years (talking about all chronicles).

Awh its not that bad and there are still a LOT more Interludes o__o

People these days cant open a decent server, they just dont know what will atract and make people stay on their server, there is maybe 1-2 low rates that are good, and curently i dont know even one mid rate that is good.

People make some hilarious server with dumb features that make l2 so unbalanced, and thats one of the main reasons why there is no good server around.

And yea, even if someone makes a potentinal good server, hes destroyed by ddos or something...

is there any Tera private server emu like the L2J?

i read that L2Dreams admin is creating it with his friend, u can contact him:

Contact me on Skype: maxime.monteiro.

i read that L2Dreams admin is creating it with his friend, u can contact him:

I wish my laptop would survive playing tera game (works with 3 fps lol) and play dreams server once again as new game rofl : D

I wish my laptop would survive playing tera game (works with 3 fps lol) and play dreams server once again as new game rofl : D

I'm not really interested in the game itself, as I play only SC2 when I got some time. But I'm looking for some interesting project to sharpen my programming/java skills.

It's a bit offtopic but do anyone know some good, interesting project where I could improve my java? :) I just started to learn the Spring framework, and try to study TDD, and any other cool stuff :D

I'm not really interested in the game itself, as I play only SC2 when I got some time. But I'm looking for some interesting project to sharpen my programming/java skills.

It's a bit offtopic but do anyone know some good, interesting project where I could improve my java? :) I just started to learn the Spring framework, and try to study TDD, and any other cool stuff :D

if u wanna learn java, practice Spring or whatever, i dont really suggest Lineage :)

If you want to practice on L2 you gonna have to think way outside the box.

The current demand however is on the level of changing config files. There are Tera emulators if you google. You can be part of a build group or whatever Russians call them.

L2j version of TeraEmu got disbanded way back. But it had a great group. Pretty sad.