My PC - What about it? / Dedicated host?

Hello guys,

I just want to know if I have a medium-good PC to host the server, but ONLY the closed/open beta that i'll do soon.

The LIVE server wont be in my PC, just the closed/open beta

PC:

CPU: Intel® Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3292 MHz (QUAD CORE)

RAM: 8GB RAM (DDR3-1333)

HDD: 1 TB (right now I have 500GB free, but i'll format soon)

NET: 15 MB of internet

Of course, if I host the beta here, the PC will be ONLY and exclusive for the server, i'll play with my another PC.

And also, I wanna know what do you think about this dedicated host:

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex5

I'm looking for a good-cheap host to start the server, because I want to host it till the first day it will be Live, but I have X money, when the money dissapear I cant pay it with my money anymore, that's why I want a stable-good-cheap host (if its possible)

Thanks you guys,

Regards.

Windows Server 2008 rules, never use Home or Premium SO for servers, read more guides and information in the forum, you can found everything you need know about that ;) gl

Bad OS, Ram not enough for sure, and I don't think you have enough processing power

For the closed beta/open beta I guess you could do your job, it will be laggy but it's a testing phase anyway so if your users are dedicated I dont think they'll mind

but for a solid server you must rent a solid machine , and use this one to edit the server files.

Bullshit dude, I have x2 times worse pc then you if not x4 times and I could handle 50 players with out lags. With this pc and another OS good connection I believe your pc will hold for over then 100 players with out problems. Do not listen to those people. I saw same pc as you have in a dedicated offer so yeah what more to say.

Bullshit dude, I have x2 times worse pc then you if not x4 times and I could handle 50 players with out lags. With this pc and another OS good connection I believe your pc will hold for over then 100 players with out problems. Do not listen to those people. I saw same pc as you have in a dedicated offer so yeah what more to say.

You're clearly clueless

It's entirely fine up to a certain point.

You have to define that point.

I'm travelling 600 miles north.

If i have to get their fastest - i might take a ferrari.

If i'm sick and i don't have a time frame, i might get a long-range limousine.

To get their the most comfortably.

It's all fukkin relative.

The absolute most important part however, is that commercial consumer lines are absolute crap and on the absolute lowest end of a networkrouting exchange's "budget".

Your 15 mbit up or down, is theoretical at best - AND is extremely limited in terms of where there's free 15 mbit/sec from routing point to routing point.

You'll end with an extremely slow and non-responsive PC for L2Off however.

And most likely a deadlocked one if your run GF Off.

Everyone commented about my PC, and i'll host the closed beta on it, but can someone says me something about this dedicated server?

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex5

Or maybe someone knows a BETTER and, the most important, STABLE dedicated server?

Thanks,

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

NET: 15 MB of internet?

Download or upload?

Your system cofig. is good.

You only need a good upload speed from your internet provider.

With your 15MB bandwith speed you can handle up to 300 online players. ;)