How To Edit Loading Screen Step By Step

sagun

[glow=red,2,300]1. Introduction[/glow]

In this guide we will learn how to edit the loading screen of any chronicle. I have seen some guides in forum but much of them had some errors and when people try to enter game they get crash. However in this guide I will try to guide you step by step to get the expected result.

[glow=red,2,300]2.What is loading screen?[/glow]

The loading screen is the picture that appears when you are waiting your char to log in. As im using Interlude, my original loading screen would be this one:

sinttuloog.png

[glow=red,2,300]3. Programs that we will need:[/glow]

Link 1 mediafire (rar)

Link 2 megaupload (rar)

Link 3 4shared (rar)

* All links are the same

[glow=red,2,300]4. Rar content:[/glow]

The above rar contain:

● Paint.NET 3.5.10 installer ( ??? ) --> Install it where you like. We will use this program to convert DDS files to PNG so we can easily edit them without any plugins.

● UE2Runtime installer --> Install it where you like too.

● L2Tool

● L2Endec

● L2Decrypt

● Encrypt UTX

You will need any version of Photoshop too, search in google

[glow=red,2,300]5. Guide:[/glow]

The first thing we will do is extract the rar, in the desktop for example.

Now we need to find the loading screen to edit it. This file is packed in l2Font-e.utx of our systextures folder (C:\Program Files\Lineage II\systextures) so copy it to the folder where we have all our tools.

79138293.png

Now that we have all files in the same folder, let's drag and drop our l2Font-e.utx on l2decrypt to decrypt it. This will open it and after waiting 5 seconds or so will appear this:

34744828.png

We have to remember number that appears in ... using Version 121.

Click on enter and l2decrypt will close. Also now we have a new file: L2Font-e.clear.utx (You can erase the original l2Font-e.utx if you like).

Now we have our file decrypted, however, to open it with the UnrealEditor we need to make it  "readable". For this we will use the l2tool. Double click on it. In the third line (which begins with UTX...) select our L2Font-e.clear.utx and click on the Line2-> UnrealED button. Agree and select a location to be saved (I recommend in the same folder to overwrite the previous L2Font-e.clear.utx and not create thousand files).

27821423.png

26937871.png

Now we have our L2Font-e.clear.utx ready to open with UnrealEditor, so open it and checking that you are on "textures" tab, go to file -> open -> and select our L2Font-e.clear.UTX:

14661118.png

Now go to the tab where says AgitMap and select Skins. Here we have the original loading screen (Texture loading02-e * [DXT3]), we right-click on it, click on export to file and select any location, desktop for example. (Do not close the UnrealED)

57933578.png

Well! We now have a new friend to play with on the location where we selected in Unreal (desktop in my case) the loading02-e.dds.

Now comes the editing, we have two ways:

● Edit with Paint.net directly (This program may called your attention, but is one of the few wich can read the dds format without plugins)

● Edit with Photoshop (be better)

I'm going to edit it with Photshop and, as it doesnt read .dds, I will open the loading02-e.dds with Paint.net and I will save it as .png (File -> Save as) to make it readable by Photoshop.

44523755.png

89988353.png

Now open this .png with photoshop and edit it as you like, we can leave the black bar where appears the NCSoft credits, remove, put new images ... what you want ... But respect image size and dont write anything below LOADING bar... Once you have finished your editing, save it again as .png.

74023754.png

Now we will re-open the loading02-e that we have in png with paint.net and we're going to save as .dds (File --> Save it as):

23572128.png

A new tab will appear with saving options, put them like that: (DTX3 / Interactive setting / Perceptual)

86480749.png

We have finished with editing. Return to Unreal where we still have the old loading02-e, go to File --> Import (verifying that we are in the textures tab) and select the loading02-e  that we have edited. It appears another tab settings, you must put it like this:

56276035.png

85894580.png

Now we  have the new loading02-e loaded so now go  to file --> save and save it in the folder where we have all the tools (Remember, I put in it desktop)

We are almost done. The only need now is to re-encrypt it again to allow client to recognize it. Go to the folder from the beginning, where we have the l2Font-e.utx we have just saved, do right-click on encrypt UTX and click edit.

42965092.png

Paste that if isnt:

l2encdec -e 121 L2Font-e.utx

* In case your file is named different from L2Font-e.utx, change it for the file name

** In case your version is different, change 121 for yours (second image of the guide, where we used l2decrypt and I told you to remember a number)

Save it and run the UTX encrypt. This will give us a new file, the hoped enc-L2Font e.utx.

68696734.png

Move the enc-L2Font e.utx to your systextures folder, change his name for L2Font e.utx and...

16040903.png

You have finished! Congrats!

But... wtf we must check how it looks not?

sinttulomjq.png

[glow=red,2,300]6. Comments[/glow]

I would like to apologize because the pictures are in Spanish and most people dont understand it, I have tried to specify all to make understable by everybody. If you have any doubt post here and we will solve it.

[glow=red,2,300]6. Credits[/glow]

Images and guide by me

Comment  ;)

Hi, I receive the error when L2Font-e.clear.utx open the file with UnrealeD.

Error ouput:

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3399 MHz with 4095MB RAM

Video: Intel® HD Graphics Family (2253)

Texture L2Font-e.Font.SmallFont-e: Serial size mismatch: Got 58, Expected 131345

History: LoadObject <- (Texture L2Font-e.Font.SmallFont-e 2287==2287/40431129 2229 131345) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="C:\EditingTextures\L2Font-e.clear.utx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\EditingTextures\L2Font-e.clear.utx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\EditingTextures\L2Font-e.clear.utx") <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserMaster::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

helloo!! I have a problem with this... I decrypt  the file with l2decrypt, I open l2tool and says with red characters:

"Componet MSCOMCTL.OCX or one file is dependencies not correctly registered. a file is missing or invalid."

please Help!