[Question] Which pack has less bugs?

[DEV]DjSt3rios

Question

Which Chronicle are you interested in; Interlude, Freya or High Five? All packs have plenty of bugs and missing functions, even L2DC has it's share, so for me it would hard to choose "which has less bugs". :)

DjSt3rios" post="1956050" timestamp="1318977892"]

oh, forgot to mention... Interlude!

Okay, that is easy.. aCis would be the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Okay, that is easy.. aCis would be the best of the bunch in my opinion.

It's good but it doesn't fit me. I heard it has some bugs (actually I know it has since I have a live server with aCis), and also some quests are missing, which is not good for a low rate server. Any other suggestion?

DjSt3rios" post="1956070" timestamp="1318984606"]

It's good but it doesn't fit me. I heard it has some bugs (actually I know it has since I have a live server with aCis), and also some quests are missing, which is not good for a low rate server. Any other suggestion?

Not really, when it comes to Interlude I stay with L2OFF files as they are still superior to any L2j IL pack.

Not really, when it comes to Interlude I stay with L2OFF files as they are still superior to any L2j IL pack.

For a lot of people offical is a bit uninvinting though. At least I remember when I first attempted an OFF interlude server, a lot of the comments were something like:

//DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCD
//BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBC

I'm wondering though, I've never actually seen performance test results or studies done of the two emulators. I just see a lot of people bad mouthing java even though they have no idea what they're talking about technically.

L2OFF Interludes files are more complete and stable than L2j in many aspects, they are not that difficult to install if you have a decent guide. :)

The free ones are just "okay", meaning they have problems and some game mechanics are not working (like global freight) but I would say they are 80% complete; the quests and epic bosses are working as they should, skills are working well as is the normal retail mob spawning system in addition to most game mechanics.

The paid L2OFF Interlude files are much better, about 98% complete but run between 200 and 300 US depending on the seller.

If I have some free time I will set a server up using L2OFF IL and let you test it for yourself.

DjSt3rios" post="1956070" timestamp="1318984606"]

That's because they removed all quests to re-write them 1 by 1 in java language as they did with all skills/etc. Anyway it is a best choice for l2j interlude around. You can't find another IL project more stable & organized than aCis.

Kisses.

L2OFF Interludes files are more complete and stable than L2j in many aspects, they are not that difficult to install if you have a decent guide. :)

The free ones are just "okay", meaning they have problems and some game mechanics are not working (like global freight) but I would say they are 80% complete; the quests and epic bosses are working as they should, skills are working well as is the normal retail mob spawning system in addition to most game mechanics.

The paid L2OFF Interlude files are much better, about 98% complete but run between 200 and 300 US depending on the seller.

If I have some free time I will set a server up using L2OFF IL and let you test it for yourself.

Oh, I mean I'm not doubting you. Obviously the L2OFF stuff was originally developed for specific purpose and had a paid team where-as java runs on a virtual machine.

If you do not want to go with aCis then I cannot suggest any other pack as they all pretty much have the same bugs, missing features and problems.

If that continue, I would have to create T-shirts with aCis logo for fans ^^.

Well we spoke about it with sterios on MSN, I agree with minideed about the fact all L2J packs are bugged when you talk of IL (and basically, any chronicle got bugs so far lol - L2J Freya got big fail on Formulas.java since years and list of bugs is so long than you could die just listing them all - I don't throw stones to L2J at all, it's a really big project).

The only good criteria for me (if I had to choose, but if I made my own pack, that means there wasn't good alternative for me) is the developer's capabilities to implement original stuff (by original, I mean add a missing AI - speakingNPCs, hotSpringsAi - which doesn't exist on any public source, or correct an AI -Baium in my exemple - following retail videos/infos and only on that) and to correct stuff. And eventually, to avoid to add more bugs than original pack.

If you're chained to the initial pack you based your pack on, basically it's pointless to begin a pack :P. And that's the error of many packs. They're happy with what they got, add some customs and that's enough.

Personally I don't search to avoid bugs. Each big rework I made (items, skills and since some months, quests) was needed. I'm at 116 quests/AIs atm. People often complain about broken packs, but if they were working instead of crying on their fat asses, they could have a decent IL pack really fast ^^ (I don't say that for ya sterios, your reports are precious).

Regards.

Ok, a fast scoop : I'm in fact at 119 quests. Implementing Siegable clan halls, 3 "working" (according to L2J) atm. And ty BiggBoss for the good work :P.