[Discussion]L2Java Interlude packs

First of all, I have searched for a topic like this but I haven't find one. If I was blind, please close this topic and provide me a link to relevant topics.

I am a Java developer and I want to run a Interlude private server so I am looking to start working on a interlude pack.

I have seen some interlude packs but most of them have bad maintenance . For example, on a pack there are 2 commits : "Added Magnus to npc buffer" and after "Sorry I delete magnus" or empty commits on other packs. This explains all...

Also, I have read about the rules for some interlude packs and I don't want any support for them just a clear opinion.

I am trying to find a l2j pack that have a retail base for a Interlude project and they have a SVN/Mercurial with the source code.

I have seen that packs like L2Frozen, L2Brasil have allot of customs stuff maybe some security stuff but they have allot of garbage code that on production is not so good. Anyway, from a sticky topic I have understood that aCis pack is not so good for high rate servers.

So, I was trying to get the L2Free and L2Emu packs for interlude but the L2free pack I haven't found it and the L2Emu pack I can't compile it because there Maven repository is offline .

Also, I have take a look at the L2J Interlude ( official one ) but on some topics I have read that the server have allot of bugs on skills and not so much features and is not so stable for a large server.

Now what I want from this topic: If you want to post on it please write your opinion but please and I repeat here: please not just write in 2 words or even 1 word and that word is the name of the pack, give some argumentation or pro/cons .

Thanks for your time  :P

on aCis i have read on there forum that the grandboss don't work and the olympiad need to be rewrited.

So, the most important parts from Lineage 2 are the olympiad and the grandboss . And how can you tell me to use a server that he don't have this features ?

What you search doesn't exist, you should begin to wake up.

You have only 3 alternatives : custom packs (you quoted names), my alternative (check signature you will understand :D), and russian packs (leaked files, and whatever).

There are more than "Scoria" for sure, and some got ideas. But don't expect to do a retail pack in any of ways I have given, cause IL will be never finished until people wake up, stop to cry about packs and begin to work.

My pack is the most about what you search. After if you judge it's incomplete (after 6 months, coding alone, that's kinda normal, L2J hi5 misses C1 & C2 features since the creation of the project (6 years ?)), search on russian side.

I don't even talk of private projects, which are mostly hidden ripe of existing packs.

L2JFree and L2JEmu got both old coding stuff aswell, that changes near nothing to the problem.

on aCis i have read on there forum that the grandboss don't work and the olympiad need to be rewrited.

So, the most important parts from Lineage 2 are the olympiad and the grandboss . And how can you tell me to use a server that he don't have this features ?

Are you blind? how can you say that "I'm dev" but you doesn't know to read the timeline.

And also are you saying "important parts from Lineage 2 are the olympiad and the grandboss" that mean you're looking for high rate pack, only those 2 things are useful there. Come`on be real!

1st. What's useful has been fixed.

2nd. For olympiad you need 1-2 day(s) the tests included.

3rd. There are just few grandbosses, so doesn't need too much time to add them. Tryskell already started working for bosses and rewriting all quests as he did with all skills & items.

What you search doesn't exist, you should begin to wake up.

You have only 3 alternatives : custom packs (you quoted names), my alternative (check signature you will understand :D), and russian packs (leaked files, and whatever).

There are more than "Scoria" for sure, and some got ideas. But don't expect to do a retail pack in any of ways I have given, cause IL will be never finished until people wake up, stop to cry about packs and begin to work.

My pack is the most about what you search. After if you judge it's incomplete (after 6 months, coding alone, that's kinda normal, L2J hi5 misses C1 & C2 features since the creation of the project (6 years ?)), search on russian side.

I don't even talk of private projects, which are mostly hidden ripe of existing packs.

L2JFree and L2JEmu got both old coding stuff aswell, that changes near nothing to the problem.

Wait a sec, I respect your work and what you do for free . I have just saying that you can't run your pack on a private server. I will begin to work and your pack is the best chose after I have read the pack's timeline .

Are you blind? how can you say that "I'm dev" but you doesn't know to read the timeline.

And also are you saying "important parts from Lineage 2 are the olympiad and the grandboss" that mean you're looking for high rate pack, only those 2 things are useful there. Come`on be real!

1st. What's useful has been fixed.

2nd. For olympiad you need 1-2 day(s) the tests included.

3rd. There are just few grandbosses, so doesn't need too much time to add them. Tryskell already started working for bosses and rewriting all quests as he did with all skills & items.

Thanks for the info.

In my opinion is very hard to make a low rate server on L2J because of the quest amount and all the bugs that will appear. Otherwise, for a mid-rate or high-rate I think is ok.

BUT, the most important factor on a lineage 2 server is the stability so with the clean soure code I think that aCis is the best chose here.

I perfectly know you didn't attack my work.

I agree the pack can't be actually used (live statut has been seriously delayed at quests refactor basically, lol). But there are many things to change, and for so it's impossible to give a full working stuff.

At the time (months ago), I deleted all skills and remade from 0. You're right, if you checkout at rev 40, only 10% of skills were implemented. Items have been (fortunately) refactored in less than 2 weeks, ty to DiNoR intervention. Quests (from A to Z) will take 6 months.

That's a community project, even if you think (and you're semi-right) I'm the only worker. I rework each share of helpers to fit with the global rewrite.

Asking for a complete retail L2J server (whatever chronicle is) it's kinda... Dreams, lol. Interlude more than any, as they jumped to Kamael directly it released.

If 2 more peoples would work as I do, sharing stuff (not like those selfish bastards who add stuffs on their own servers and gtfo :P), we could have an IL pack before the end of the year.

If 2 more peoples would work as I do, sharing stuff (not like those selfish bastards who add stuffs on their own servers and gtfo :P), we could have an IL pack before the end of the year.

We all can dream (i)

You need a GOOD Pack?, guess what.. there is not good IL pack, so you at least need to know some java to fix the stuff you need working for your server.

Instead of waste your time asking, you could have started reading timelines, learning java, learning about java AND l2 emulation.

This question you made has been done about 2 or 3 times before [one by me :P] so this thread is useless.

As i said before, better take your time to learn java instead of waiting everything to be done by people that doesn't give sh1t for your desires [tryskell maybe cares with his pack, who knows 8)]