[Share] WoW Mage PvP Guide - Frost Mage PvP Spec

DreaM

This guide is really a cookie cutter build for all you PvP mages out there that want to own a lot in Arena and Battlegrounds.

With Frost Mage PvP you really want to focus on a 0/5/56 build (0 in Arcane, 5 in Fire, 56 in Frost). Below I will outline what talents will help you out a lot with it as well.

Fire Tree

Impact (5 points) - This talent spell will give all your Fire spells a 10% chance to stun the target for 2 seconds. This is extremely valuable tool for PvP due to the fact it helps keep your enemy slowed down enough to do some major damage to them before they can reach you.

Frost Tree

Improved Frostbolt (5 points) - This talent will decrease the casting time of your frostbolt spell by a half a second. Who wouldn't want to cast this faster? Smiley

Elemental Precision (3 points) - This talent reduces mana cost and chance targets resists your Frost and Fire spells by 3%.

Ice Shards (5 points) - Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Frost spells by 100%.

Frost Bite (3 points) - Gives your Chill effects a 15% to freeze the target for 5 seconds.

Improved Frost Nova (2 points) - Reduces the cooldown of your Frost Nova spell by 4 seconds.

Permafrost (3 points) - This increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 seconds and reduces the target speed by an additional 10%.

You can start to see the power of this build especially against any melee attacker (Warriors tend to come to mind here). Keep them CC'ed and blast away at them. Can bring you in a pretty quick win against them.

Piercing Ice (3 points) - This increases the damage of all your Frost spells by 6%.

Coldsnap (1 point) - This is an extremely useful instant spell which when used it finishes the cooldown on all your frost spells. The only downside with this is that it has a 10 minute cooldown itself, but then again if it didn't have such a long cooldown Mage PvP would be even more overpowered than it currently is.

Artic Reach (2 points) - Increases the range of your Frostbolt and Blizzard spells and the radius of your Frost Nova and Cone of Cold spells by 20%.

Frost Channeling (3 points) - Reduces the mana cost of your Frost spells by 15% and reduces the threat caused by your Frost spells by 10%.

Shatter (5 points) - Increases the critical strike chance of all your spells against frozen targets by 50%.

Ice Block (1 point) - This spell is the equivalent to the Paladin's bubble and can save you from death by protecting you from all physical attacks for 10 seconds but you can not attack, use spells, or move. You can only use this once every 30 seconds.

Improved Cone of Cold (3 points) - Increases the damage dealt by your Cone of Cold spell by 35%.

Winter's Chill (5 points) - Gives your Frost damage spells a 100% chance to apply the Winter's Chill effect which increases the chance a Frost spell will critically hit the target by 2% for 15 seconds. It can stack up to 5 times.

Ice Barrier (1 point) - Instantly shields you absorbing 454 damage at rank 1 but it is trainable to be able to absorb 1003 damage at rank 5. It lasts for 1 minute and the spells you cast will not be interrupted while the shield is on you.

Artic Winds (5 points) - Increases all Frost damage you cause by 5% and reduces the chance melee and ranged attacks will hit you by 5%.

Empowered Frostbolt (5 points) - Your Frostbolt spell gains an additional 10% of your bonus spell damage effects and an additional 5% chance to critically strike.

Summon Water Elemental (1 point) - This is kinda what makes it so useful with all the slowing abilities as well as the Frost Nova spells. This spell summons a Water Elemental to fight for you for 45 seconds. The Water Elemental is very useful in Arenas since 45 seconds really can be a long time in an arena match.

Keep your opponent slowed down or Frost Nova'd and let your Water Elemental do a lot of the damage while you work towards keeping your opponent CC'ed the whole time. It does take some practice but can be very hard to beat with an experienced player with tons of mage pvp practice behind the wheel.

If you play a World of Warcraft Mage and have a guide (PvP or PvE) that you have written and you would like to see it on this website please feel free to drop me an e-mail to get it listed on this site.

Be sure to bookmark this page.

• 2 weeks later...

GJ!

+1 from me for all that usefull guides in WoW section!As i see and as i searched it is not c/p...Nice!

don't desserver +1 leecher noob. and you thanos123 nice searching THE FIRST LINK FROM GOOGLE!!!

Look Here:

http://www.freewarcraftguides.com/frost_mage_pvp.php

• 7 months later...

what about to pve? ;P

I would be rly greatfull if some1 make one.. bc i wanna start playing wow with a mage..but don't know which talents are better..

Can somebody make one guide for mage pve.. or pve and a bit pvp (smthg like plz)

tks (:

what about to pve? ;P

I would be rly greatfull if some1 make one.. bc i wanna start playing wow with a mage..but don't know which talents are better..

Can somebody make one guide for mage pve.. or pve and a bit pvp (smthg like plz)

tks (:

a good end game raiding spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=obZxgRzfcIoeRtMhG0o (2/48/11)