[NEED HELP] modding

cgiven415

ok I have read and watched god knows how many tutorial on this subject.  this is what i'm working with:

64bit system

2gb ram

52gb free space on c:

5000-8000 page filing

Freya- systextures

UnreadEd2- to create textures and save as .utx

Umodel- to export .tga from .utx

L2decrypt- to decrypt  .utx

L2Tool- to make .utx readable in UnrealEd2

L2encdec- to encrypt new .utx

L2FileEdit- edit .dat

btw i'm trying to edit the new freya armors and weapons

ok these are the proccess' as i understand it in the many tutorials:

Proccess 1:

I use L2decrypt to create clear.utx file then I open the clear.utx file in l2tool and save it in my Unreal folder, but when i go to open the .utx in UnrealEd2 i get this error

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2261 MHz with 1978MB RAM

Video: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (1872)

Texture LineageWeaponsTex-fixed.vesper_avenger.vesper_effect_mk: Serial size mismatch: Got 116, Expected 44127

History: LoadObject <- (Texture LineageWeaponsTex-fixed.vesper_avenger.vesper_effect_mk 45269==45269/79733950 45153 44127) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime\Textures\LineageWeaponsTex-fixed.utx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime\Textures\LineageWeaponsTex-fixed.utx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime\Textures\LineageWeaponsTex-fixed.utx").. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserMaster::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

I understand from a post by CriticalError that UnrealEd2 can't open these .utx though if using freya is this correct?

so that lead me to next try:

Proccess 2:

Export .tga from .utx using Umodel (successful) then edit it in photoshop and then use UnrealEd2 to make new texture and save .utx then encdec add to systexture folder then modify weapongrb using L2fileedit.  I then added new id to my .xml and  my sql buylist.  I get two errors (1) client fails to load giving an error of general protection fault about loading the weapons. and my gameserver says missing data for 30000 in buylist.

I have been hard at work on this for approx 2 weeks and am about to thow my computer through the window

I wanted to figure this out without asking for help but *facedesk*

please can anyone give me some advice.  I thank you in advance.

well the second step is what you need do, now you need check ID in your client, I mean check NPC,ETCITEM,ARMOR & WEAPONS for see this ID are not in use, next do the next steps, creating sql,xml,dat and try again.

ok ty I will test this and report back

Ok i followed all the steps and even added armor to the itemname -e.dat but i still get the same error:

2011.1.30 01:03:05

CPU : GenuineIntel  Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     P8400  @ 2.26GHz @ 2261 MHz 1978MB RAM

Video : No Video

PosCode : LS1(216) 0:0:0 2/0 [538]

General protection fault!

History: FL2GameData::LoadL2DataBin <- FL2GameData::ArmorItemDataLoad <- FL2GameData::Load <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Here are the steps i went through:

Export .tga from .utx using Umodel (successful) then edit the Vorpal Leather Armor pieces (_u, _b, _l, _l2, _g) the files were the .ori, .sp, and .sp1 then saved them with new name as a .tga file.  Then I used UnrealEd2 to make new texture.  I added .ori in diffuse then .sp in opacity then my texpanner in specular then .sp2 in specularityMask made the outputBlending OB_Masked and twoSided true.  did this for all 4 pieces.  then saved all as .utx file.  then used L2encdec on 121 to encrypt.  I then deleated the enc- and  addedd the .utx to systexture folder in client.  Opened armorgrp with l2 file edit ++ v2 then copied the armor pieces lines of code, pasted them at bottom with an etra space.  changed item number(no item,npc,weapon,armor has the same number i checked).  I only did the FDarkelf armor set so i changed:

FDarkElf.FDarkElf_m013_t1110_u

FDarkElf.FDarkElf_m013_t1110_l

FDarkElf.FDarkElf_m013_t1110_g

FDarkElf.FDarkElf_m013_t1110_b

to:

midnightblue.FDarkelf_midnightblue_u

midnightblue.FDarkelf_midnightblue_l

midnightblue.FDarkelf_midnightblue_g

midnightblue.FDarkelf_midnightblue_b

thats all i changed in armorgrp, saved and encryted using 413.  Then i added the armor pieses to itemname-e same method just changed itemId and name and text to be shown on mouse_over.  started gameserver (problem before fixed), and then starteL2.exe and /fail....anymore advice is as always greatly appreciated ty CriticalError for your quick response last time and  your tutorials  have been a great help in editing the textures.

• 3 weeks later...

well is something about new client, try using new ID's, check your ID in your client, I mean itemname,etcitem,npcgrp