[Discussion] L2J "Projects"

Our core and base pack are fine, so go cry to somebody else.

I dont cry just commented your comment about l2dc we are in a free community so i can :)

also Intrepid wanted to say in his specially polite style, all L2J-based packs has coding/performance/other problems with some general things like L2World/L2WorldRegion/KnownList what l2j-free already fixed a long time ago. Example also he mentioned Maps.

I hawe a simple question. What is the best pre-configured Interlude pack for now? L2archid?

Try L2Awake, they're promising. But you must pay for that. Also a-Cis going to be best free interlude server pack. :)

EDIT: l2jarchid - not so good as I thought.  :-\

Well, as I'm "specialized" (note the "", that will avoid you think I consider myself a smartass) on IL chronicle, and aCis owner, what can I say...

IL need big refactors, but I'm far to think it's a dead chronicle. Each chronicle have his lovers, and I guess they are more IL servers than Hellbound ones, or C3 ones.

aCis use its own way to improve IL, and it is the big new on IL forks. The goal isn't to be the best, people surely can do better. But for sure it is made to give a model (only that, yeah I'm humble haha) for future servers / IL projects. aCis was made in order to stop the IL projects spread-maniacs. Too many projects for so low results. I come perhaps too far, still, I guess it can give good ideas to people.

-----

About being pro L2J/L2JFree, it's pointless to speak about, it's like choosing between God/Allah. Intrepid is L2JFree inquisitor, pointless to speak to him about L2J, for him it's "bad", that's all. Speak about "interlude" and "l2j" in same topic, you will find a negative comment about him. He surely programmed a bot with those 2 keywords, and as answers : "stupids" and "noobs" :).

-----

About IL private forks, the fact it's private is a trap itself... What can assure you it's "100 % Interlude skills", which is barely impossible to do (and I begin to know about it after near 2 months on it) ? If it reachs 95%, you can be happy.

Once more, never believe marketing nor people's talk. You have to test first. I could give you names about people which shouldn't sell packs, but do :P. And they're plenty.

-----

Archid, as many others projects, didn't take the problem on the good point : goal is to refactor IL, not correct self-customs. More customs you add, more maintenance you have to make on them, and less time you got to refactor original stuff. This is the problem of Frozen, where their timeline is "mostly" (read all words before you begin to send pro-frozen lover kamikaze action, I said "mostly") customs correction.

Just my PoV :), and yes, it concerns only IL.

Oh, and I'm a 24y old french boy (yeah the flag near my name is the good one) for people using "his/her" talking of me :)

tryskell you always sorprise people :D with your testaments OFC .. but i am not saying you are wrong, i am saying you can speak in little words just generalizating everything .. don't need to especific any pack name [and i don't say this because i used to help L2JFrozen and you said something like it failed]

Anyway .. you know you hate chronicles over IL .. but you need to accept that to make your pack [and i consider it really good] you needed freya [newest chronicle] codes to make your pack the best one .. here is a bit of cynicism, not that much .. but there is ..

Anyway .. finishing offtopic message .. i'll say long life for L2 bla bla bla ... Freya and Interlude are good blab bla bla bla .. but Interlude is too old and so boring because of nothing interesting what to do [talking about low servers (x1 - x3)]

End .. :D

About being pro L2J/L2JFree, it's pointless to speak about, it's like choosing between God/Allah. Intrepid is L2JFree inquisitor, pointless to speak to him about L2J, for him it's "bad", that's all. Speak about "interlude" and "l2j" in same topic, you will find a negative comment about him. He surely programmed a bot with those 2 keywords, and as answers : "stupids" and "noobs" :).

From where you know about my bot?Who was it?tell me and tell me now :D

Using Freya as nothing to be cynic with :). It's using a tool to repair another. I avoid useless stuff and refactor interesting points. A formula is a formula, you can model it in your hands :). Nothing is static, only your logic and imagination.

Whatever can say Intrepid about L2J, they did a good job when I compare to IL stuff. I use code freely tested for about 4 years with fixes bring over months, and tested by dozens of ppls and servers. What to ask more.

L2J team is currently dead, but many big refactors came from the "sun period" of L2J.

I like or I dislike things, I never hate :). If you like Freya, nice for you. I won't try to bring the "good word" over you.

----

@Intrepid : I got first suspicions when my magical mirror answered me 'boten anna" when I asked her (this is a mirror girl) : "who is this hater of Intrepid spamming MxC evertime he see L2J or IL words ?".

You're SPOTTED :).

----

To stay a little on topic, basically you have those choices for old chronicles :

- refactoring old chronicle and update some parts using new chronicle;

- refactoring from new chronicle and revert back things (packets opcodes and such);

- refactoring your own way :D. But guess why no one did it...

About original coding, it's far longer to create something from zero, both about debug purposes than developed idea itself. People speaking like "l2J sucks" but having no better idea to enhance incriminated systems just shout their mouth (indeed, it's violent as expression).

I need pack for good pvp server. I think Interlude is the best choice.

But for now I need a good pack.

I am a beginer in L2j.

All interlude pack links are dead, or servers are from 2007-2008 years, Is too old I thing.

I looking for project form 2010...

I need pack for good pvp server. I think Interlude is the best choice.

But for now I need a good pack.

I am a beginer in L2j.

All interlude pack links are dead, or servers are from 2007-2008 years, Is too old I thing.

I looking for project form 2010...

Only 2 IL publics projects exist, mine (aCis) and L2JFrozen. L2JTeon/L2JBrasil seem to haven't updates anymore since around 2 months.

You can too search on private side, but /care about their marketing. Just don't trust people selling a "all working" thing for 20€. It can only be a mess.

If you begin on L2J, I invite you to launch a server which ask less corrections than IL chronicle. Well, a PvP server asks a lot less retail support/features :).

To stay a little on topic, basically you have those choices for old chronicles :

- refactoring old chronicle and update some parts using new chronicle;

- refactoring your own way :D. But guess why no one did it...

About original coding, it's far longer to create something from zero, both about debug purposes than developed idea itself. People speaking like "l2J sucks" but having no better idea to enhance incriminated systems just shout their mouth (indeed, it's violent as expression).

Actually I'm doing both mentioned :) You didn't heard of it, cause I dont share or sell my files anywhere ;) "Project" is now nearly 3 years old. Its 99%+ complete Epilogue (with WHOLE hellbound including tully, beleth, naia etc.), SoD since nobody remembers when, SoD, many additional custom instanced locatios, and recently working on adding even more (made a mixed Hi5 + epilogue client - fully Epilogue compatible and with all new Hi5 locations available). Except for "normal playing" features, it has almost every component reworked by me, or made completely from the start. Datapack bases on L2JServer's one (not much changed there). Core was based long ago on L2JFree + L2JOfficial sources. Since L2JO died, its almost completely developed by me... As for some customs:

- features that still most devs of other projects didnt probably though of yet :P like: full e-mailing support (raports, statistics can be sent to players on their e-mail accounts. like notifications about waiting messages ingame, or incomming events. also im getting that way all bugreports and geodata problems: players send them ingame, to my email, where its autoparsed and moved to tracker ;))

- fully supports custom images (mentioned dynamic capcha... heh, did it like a year a go...)

- heavy reworked and extended geoengine that without any lags or freezes calculates patch eg. for mob that can have a max (in 1 step) distance of almost dion to giran...

Now working on basic physics and effects that for example throwed item, will do to the other object, it hits :) Gonna be used in few months in new type tvt event ;)

Just today - finished work on zone manager. Now each instance is really an instance, totally independant (can even have individual time ratio, not - for most - "statoc" 1 day in game is 1/6th of real day ;)). For a quick test, added old Mithril Mines location (pre epilogue). There is tons of it, but im too lazy to write, and even more lazier to upload eg. more movies :) Some screens and vid. eg here:

- https://picasaweb.google.com/piotrekloud/NewZoneManager?authkey=Gv1sRgCMSz9rHfi8e0mwE#

-

You can google more or just play on my serv.

A one guy shared his private project from server, but links are dead. Maybe someone hawe links to private packs from servers? I search in google but I didn't found nothing special.

first, this is not the place to request stuff .. this thread is for discussing .. second,  you don't even give us name .. and you expect you get what you are looking for ? .. pff