[Newbe Guide]Katarina,The Sinister Blade

Hello leadies and gentlemen here is my first guide i am trying to do and i hope i'll satisfy you.This guide is based on league of legends webpage.

Here is some info about who is Katarina:

Katarina, The Sinister Blade

82842043.jpg

As a militaristic state, it would perhaps come as no surprise that the primary responsibilities of Noxian women are raising strong children and providing succor for husbands who walk the path of soldiery. There are some, however, for whom nurture is not nature, and Katarina is just such a creature. Born the daughter of the feared Noxian General Du Couteau, the girl was always more interested in her father's knives than in the dresses, jewelry, and other trifles that her sisters spent so much time fussing over. A childhood dispute soon unveiled her uncanny knack for bloodshed, and her father, ever the opportunist, happily fostered her killer instincts. After training under the tutelage of the finest assassins the mighty city-state had to offer, Katarina first cut her teeth performing assassinations in the Ionian War. There, her ruthless mastery of the knife and dagger combined with her sadistic temperament to earn her the title Sinister Blade, a moniker that would follow her for the remainder of her career. She is most famous, however, for her exploits in the campaigns against Demacia, especially those surrounding her engagements with the nation's champion, Garen; a rivalry which began when she recovered the remains of Sion from a vanguard under his protection.

With the demand for warfare somewhat arrested by the tenuous peace settling over Valoran, Katarina sought the allure of violence in its last remaining haven: The League of Legends. Some might say it was an inevitability that Katarina's chosen path would draw her to become a champion of the League, continuing to enforce the will of Noxus and bring prestige of war to her noble family. There, she continues to perform her bloody work - esteemed and reviled, feared and adored.

''The Sinister Blade of Noxus is like a black widow - beautiful, but deadly.''

Stats

Damage 53 (+3.2 / per level)

Health 395 (+83 / per level)

Mana 0 (+0 / per level)

Move Speed 325

Armor 14.75 (+4 / per level)

Spell Block 30 (+1.25 / per level)

Health Regen 1.39 (+0.11 / per level)

Mana Regen 0 (+0 / per level)

Recommended Items Doran's Shield Sorcerer's Shoes Rylai's Crystal Scepter

Abyssal Scepter Banshee's Veil Zhonya's Ring

Abilities

551.gif

Bouncing Blade - Katarina throws a dagger that bounces from enemy to enemy, dealing magic damage.

Katarina throws a dagger that hits up to 2/3/4/5/6 enemies, dealing 20/40/60/80/100 (+) magic damage. Each subsequent hit deals 10% less damage.

Cost

No Cost

Range

552w.gif

Killer Instincts - Passive: Katarina's attacks deal increased damage. Active: Katarina's next basic attack has a bonus effect. Bouncing Blade deals full damage to every target hit and reduces incoming healing to the target, or after using Shunpo Katarina takes reduced damage for 3 seconds.

Passive: Katarina's abilities and melee attacks deal 8/12/16/20/24 additional damage each hit.

Active: Katarina's next basic ability has a bonus effect.

Bouncing Blade: Deals full damage to every target it hits and applies 50% healing reduction for 10 seconds.

Shunpo: Katarina takes 15/20/25/30/35% reduced damage from enemy attacks for 3 seconds.

Cost

No Cost

Range

553j.gif Shunpo - Katarina instantly moves to her target's location. If the target is an enemy, she deals damage.

Katarina moves to her target's location. If the target is an enemy, she deals 90/120/150/180/210 (+0.75) magic damage to the target.

Cost

No Cost

Range

Ulti: 554j.gif

Death Lotus - Katarina goes into a state of extreme focus, throwing daggers with unrivaled speed at up to three nearby champions.

Katarina goes into a state of extreme focus, throwing daggers with unrivaled speed at 3/3/3 enemy champions. Each dagger deals 50/65/80 plus the higher value between (0.3) or () in magic damage.

Cost

Channeled Spell

Range

"Special" abillity:

555rq.gif Voracity - After a kill or assist, Katarina gains 25 gold and her cooldowns are reduced by 15 seconds.

Tips

*  Try using Killer Instinct's active and Shunpo to increase your survivability while using Death Lotus.

* Try waiting until the other team is distracted with fighting your team, and use Shunpo to teleport into the fray and unleash a devastating Death Lotus.

* Using Shunpo on an ally or allied minion can be a great escape tactic.

l

Recommendes items(from me): grab a Doran's Shield instead of blade if u think u need the def more.After 1 or 2 kills u ll be able to buy Sorcerer's Shoes to hunt enemies easier and be able to get away when ur low on hp,then Relai's Scepter ,then buy hextech revolver.Depending on the enemy,if he feeds u buy mejai's soulstealer or if he doesnt buy Rabadon's Deathcap.And then choose any items u need depending on the circumstances.

I hope you like it,

HellRuLeR

have you tried AD katarina?

AP > AD after Cassiopeia's patch changes.

Bouncing Blades also has an AP ratio now and ulti takes damage from both AD and AP.

• 2 weeks later...

Κatarina is best as AP now,with the new AP items

Well i beliave kata is better as a hybrid(AP>AD even as hybrid) and by that i mean 3 hextech gunb./sorcerers shoes/rabd. deathcap/Rylai's Crystal scept

Unless u r doing good were u get Mej. soulstealer instead of a third hextech :P

Well i beliave kata is better as a hybrid(AP>AD even as hybrid) and by that i mean 3 hextech gunb./sorcerers shoes/rabd. deathcap/Rylai's Crystal scept

Unless u r doing good were u get Mej. soulstealer instead of a third hextech :P

Hourglass? Banshee's?

As a Rambo-style champion you need Hourglass so that you'll manage to survive in the middle of 5 enemies. Banshee's is needed for blocking an enemy stun or something that is supposed to interrupt your ulti, while it also gives some nice HP and MR.

My build on Kat is usually like...

1. Doran's Shield (I sometimes begin with a Doran's Blade if I'm sure that I'm gonna lane against AP champions)

2. Mejai's Soulstealer (Why not? Katarina is a champion that can easily make multi-kills, and fill it with stacks, except if you're doing terribly bad)

3. Sorcerer's Shoes

4. Rylai's Crystal Scepter

5. Deathcap

6. Hourglass

7. Banshee's Veil

Anyway, even though I love playing Kat I think that she is too team dependant when playing against some serious enemies. She needs some support in order to land her ulti, like an Amumu, a Galio, a Sona immobilizing the enemies or a Morgana giving her Black Shield, in order to make her ult much harder to interrupt.

yep but i said an hybrid build urs is totaly an ap build.. and yep most of the times i play kata i get fed early game so yes im kinda rambo xD but after the team fight takes place i rush in cast ulti last hit ppl and/or shumpo to a minion or to a safe target and bb

• 1 month later...

have you tried AD katarina?

ad katarina is fail

i'll update this guide cuz it's fail...

sure you must...put some more pictures and support your item choices (why and why not)

ad katarina is fail

not exactly,with 3 bloodthirster is quite good ;) but u lose the stacks if u die,so...

you have to choose between Normal attacks(but u must have always 40 creeps after ur last death) VS Shunpo ,since the damage AP/AD gives to lotus/dagger is the same per gold

not exactly,with 3 bloodthirster is quite good ;) but u lose the stacks if u die,so...

you have to choose between Normal attacks(but u must have always 40 creeps after ur last death) VS Shunpo ,since the damage AP/AD gives to lotus/dagger is the same per gold

After Bouncing Blades was given an AP ratio, AP is by far better...

After Bouncing Blades was given an AP ratio, AP is by far better...

I know this,tell this to Phoenix!

with AP you easily go at 550+ AP at 25,giving +100 damage to ulti(or more xd)