[Project] L2Voyager - Reloadable, reliable, cross-chronicle.

Because their SVN is not public, or because you got a big NO when you asked to enter the team?

Maybe its me but i dont rly get some ppl, i only see unreasonable posts with no purpose or facts for that been said.

@killer666 : 1st you hope for What?? you will have no access or any benefit if this pack succed or not.

2nd: "are not like L2DCs" you dont know either of them so you simply cant compare them, and even if you know some of them you will have certainly missing info about the whole picture.

3rd: "Sucks hard" and you base that on what exactly? on the fact that l2dc can support low rate servers that running for quite a long time? Even L2Voyager staff have mention L2DC is a good team for low rate and retail-like servers.

@Corbett

you know the meaning of "Private" also L2Voyager will be private as well.

A reason also that you get a big NO when you asked to enter the team is because they propably dont need more devs and for ambitious code sellers L2Voyager will do that as well when they will close as a team.

ontopic: i think that this topic should be locked, its already stickied and the ppl that will be in the team will propably contact you via pm.

1)Know the basics of java: A little

2)Know any of the l2j or l2j derivative projects - i know the base

3)Be 18+ - i have 20 years old

4)Be sure you are in here to use that code in your server and not to sell it for money - guarenty

5)Be willing to learn and listen to tips and advice regarding how you code - just ears

6)Be open for ideas and have a team spirit - i think i have...

7)Be willing to throw away some ideas when the team decides so. We can do anything, we wont just do everything. - Todd Howard.

give me a pm with your answer...

1)Know the basics of java: A little

2)Know any of the l2j or l2j derivative projects - i know the base

3)Be 18+ - i have 20 years old

4)Be sure you are in here to use that code in your server and not to sell it for money - guarenty

5)Be willing to learn and listen to tips and advice regarding how you code - just ears

6)Be open for ideas and have a team spirit - i think i have...

7)Be willing to throw away some ideas when the team decides so. We can do anything, we wont just do everything. - Todd Howard.

give me a pm with your answer...

Since you didnt follow the rules (PM me the application ) i wont follow either, so ill post here instead of your PM.

Declined.

Failed to follow guidelines.

Didnt provide any info about you and your relation to l2j.

Your answers of two words werent satisfactory at all.

Since you didnt follow the rules (PM me the application ) i wont follow either, so ill post here instead of your PM.

Declined.

Failed to follow guidelines.

Didnt provide any info about you and your relation to l2j.

Your answers of two words werent satisfactory at all.

Ok thx anyway !

why this topic was sticky?

this is a recruting request topic.

when this project ever goes live and you post the svn links etc, then think about sticky lol.

Its actually up, it has a forum, an SVN and a trac. But there isnt any point to post them since they are private. Anyway we already found enough devs ( 4-5 for now , declined another 30 ) so no need to keep it sticky.

i have last rev of L2DC. I have try it. Have you? No.

I dont care to enter their pure dev. team. rl.

bugless? yeah. more fixes? y.  errors? full.

corrupted?? yeah!!

Need a beer, or you will continue offtopics posts, 5 year old kids?

you will continue??? talk to your self. bb.

Be in topic.

I have the leaked revision of L2DC too ( the latest one around 4000+ something ). Personally i dont see anything marvelous "programming-side" in there, which i actually expected since except from TheOne, there isnt anyone in the team with serious software engineering/programming knowledge. And all that "rewritten" AI etc are indeed fake stories. AI/datapack loading/ mmocore/ packet formation / data modeling/ persisent data and business logic they are all the same as L2J.

But what makes L2DC exceptional is that is has a very good organization, a team of cooperative admins that can lower their egos to work on the same goal without personal aspirations, it has a good leadership and discrete seperation of roles and obligations between its participants. Those are important values in any project, even more important than programming knowledge and software engineering.

And i can give you an example to prove that fact. L2INC. L2INC has by far the best programmer/software engineer team in whole L2J. One guy from that nVm project team counts like 10 guys from L2DC in knowledge and experience. But why isnt l2inc a sucessful server ? ( Sure it was 2 years ago, not anymore though ). Why does nekys server has more ppl ? Its because of targeted game content and project organization targeting a specific group of people ( lowrate ). There are some more reasons which i think ill explain in an article soon, but what im trying here to say is that

perfect software, perfectly optimized isnt always on top. There are many other factors that "judge" a pack/project that should be taken into consideration, and L2DC has taken into consideration quite a few of them.

Revision 4000 is very old and the team has added a lot of new functions since then; current revision is 5878. As of two hours who we now have working Clan Hall sieges in our Freya core (Devistated Castle, Fortress of Resistance and Fortress of the Dead) as well as all seven of the Seven Signs Epic quests completed and working in both Epilouge and Freya.

Clan Hall sieges still need testing but when we are done they will be migrated into our Epilogue system. We have also recently added Krate's Cube system into both our Epilouge and Freya cores as well. But since our Freya core is still slightly unstable it will be some time before any of us try to go live with it. :)

The problem with people who badmouth server packs are the ones who try to get into closed projects and then when told that HTML, XML are pissant things and are turned down they get angry and say "Pack suks.. bad coders" etc. We get an average of about 10 people almost every day asking to join the team, but when we tell them what is expected of them they say our recruting process is way too strick; and yes it is. We do not want leechers or annoying kids who think that just because they can code some html or xml multisells they are pros, so we turn many people down. Some people will think it stupid that even when we do accept developers we never grant the SVN and trac access for several months and only if they proove themselves. 80% of of the L2 servers are only interested in leeching good software so they od not have to do anything and we do our best to prevent it.

There is no such thing as a Professional java based server emulator for L2 and there never will be. As for our lesked files the last person we caught doing it was removed and banned from our team. We currently have about 10 active coders on the team, half of which have SVN and Trac accesss.

Anyhow, good luck with your project and hopfully it will not die like so many others have.