[Help][EN]Weapongrp.dat / Change Weapon texture --> Shield Texture

The server i play on has off-hand daggers(Shields with no evasion penalty), somewhere in the last major update they became invisible.

Using the weapongrp.dat i can make them look like shields, but what fields do i edit to make them look like the weapons again?

ex: I copied the info line for soul separator into the ID line for the off-hand dagger, The icon/drop image change correctly, but it doesn't show up in the characters hand.

Thanks whoever can help.

All races, all classes. You don't understand at all.

I'm just trying to call an already existing texture/animation. I just need to know what places in the line to edit.

here have my guide follow this and you fix your problem good luck.

[Guide] Adapting Items Between Chronicles [All Chronicles]

here have my guide follow this and you fix your problem good luck.

[Guide] Adapting Items Between Chronicles [All Chronicles]

I'm not trying to add a new texture. I want to use a weapon texture for a NEW ITEM, i don't want to have to add my own textures.

I'm not trying to add a new texture. I want to use a weapon texture for a NEW ITEM, i don't want to have to add my own textures.

what you mean use weapon texture for new item lol? explain better your request so.

I am not a server dev, i'm a player. I can only edit client files. The server owner made a custom item with the ID number 10899. I want that item (Which is a shield) To LOOK like a soul separator. The textures of which EXIST within the game already as weapon. I want those textures on my Shield Item from the client side, as i understand, this can be done with the weapongrp.dat

Have somebody translate this for you, its very clear in English.

So look up a Soul Separator weapongrp line (look for the line with ID 236), copy it, paste it on the bottom and replace the ID with 10899, and remove the original line with that ID.

But I think it will not be left-handed, unless you make a custom model :/

Good luck

So look up a Soul Separator weapongrp line (look for the line with ID 236), copy it, paste it on the bottom and replace the ID with 10899, and remove the original line with that ID.

But I think it will not be left-handed, unless you make a custom model :/

Good luck

thats what i was afraid of, But when you edit a texture, what defines what hand the texture ends up in? I see tons of guides on weapons, but none for shields, or converting items to shields.

Try using a weapongrp line of a shield and putting in the model and textures of the soul separator, it might work because the weapontype is still shield, so it might be left handed (not sure).

you need to adjust the model position (aka making new model) because the soul seperator position will be read as a shield position. If you dont make a new model, you can still use it but it will fly somewhere/ out of position.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i'll be attempting all this later, i really need help. lol

ok here have the guide from LauQ man good luck http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=99061.0