"L2jFree's Apprentice Program" - Recruiting

The original Thread is located here.

"L2jfree's Apprentice Program" , JAP.

After much consideration we have decided to start JAP, our own apprentice program.

The details on this subject follows, so make sure you read everything to avoid misunderstandings. We believe to have covered all the main questions, if however, you still have doubts after reading this, feel free to send me a private message with your questions.

Make no mistakes nor illusions, bottom line, this is a recruitment program.

What is JAP?

- "L2jFree's Apprentice Program" is essentially, an opportunity. An opportunity given to highly experienced developers who seek 'something more', to achieve a higher proficiency level. JAP is a completely free program, created and managed by the L2jFree team. However, there is a selection process with some rough criteria, this is not a program for newbies, we will not teach Java, we can improve someone's knowledge in Java, but if you apply to JAP, we recommend you to have a certain domain over the language itself.

How can I join the program?

- First you are to send me a private message with an introduction, something that will make me realise whether or not you are a decent candidate. If you do pass that phase, I will contact you via MSN to get to know you better and to discuss a few more details regarding your past, and possibly your future, in L2jFree. The final phase consists of assigning you a mentor - most likely NB4L1 or savormix - who will then attempt to know you and confirm my evaluation, if confirmed, that person will be in charge of teaching you everything there is to know about L2jFree and Java, and to oversee that everything goes smoothly.

How does it work?

- It's fairly simple. Naturally, the team members can't be around 24/7 to mentor you and, since you are all highly experienced developers - or so we hope - there is no need for them to be around at all times. Instead, the process will work around you being assigned certain tasks by your mentor, you can ask him or her for guidance regarding these tasks whenever you feel you are having difficulties or that you have hit a dead-end, then only after your mentor has reviewed your work and signed off on it being of the highest quality, can your work be accepted. To more advanced users, a "to do list" can be created, ensuring there will always be something on our hands, and you might be even assigned to creating L2jFree content. This is the final step which will take you to the next level, and bringing you one step closer to the L2jFree team.

What are the terms?

- The brief list of conditions to join the program:

Note: If you do not meet any of these please refrain from attempting to join the program.

•    
  • Previous knowledge on both Java and L2jFree. Preferably, an extensive knowledge of Java. We can deal with someone who does not know L2jFree and its structure, that we will gladly teach you, we wont however accept anyone who doesn't master the Java language.

• Basic English communication skills, since the team is international it is required that you can atleast make yourself understood in and to understand basic english.

• We only accept potential L2jFree team members, meaning, people who are willing to become a part of the L2jFree staff as developers in the future - obviously this will depend on the tutor's evaluation, he is the one who shall decide if you have achieved the necessary skills to join the staff.    

• The L2jFree staff including your tutor, hold the right to break the 'deal' if they feel so. This should not happen unless we made a mistake whilst judging your skills.    

• Your tutor is free to give you certain rules & restrictions, we strongly recommend you to see him as both a teacher and a friend, a teacher shares his knowledge and creates boundaries, a friend who will help you whenever you need.  

• By being accepted or attempting to join the program, you confirm you agree with everything written above, and agree to abide by the few rules presented previously.

Current amount of apprentices: 3.

Sincerely,

The L2jFree staff.

lHorus... will this program latter on be released to everyone?

Edit:

nvm just delete my post... sorry :P

Indeed, the program is already open to the general public.

Give us some more info on how your team works, like:

1)Using any design patterns ?

2)Using modeling lanugages ? ( UML ? ).

3)What exactly will recruits do ?

4)What are the goals of this recruitment action ?

Give us some more info on how your team works, like:

Seriously ? You do now know the L2jFree team ? www.l2jfree.com

And the answer to that question has been supplied in the initial topic.

ahaha this is the most retarded idea EVER! xD

Right.

Offering ourselves to teach others instead of doing the "I know and I wont teach you" move is clearly retarded.

There is always someone who flames what they wish they could have, but can't, which is your case. With your archid-pack-wanna-be with your crappy coding skills - pretty unexistent actually - just learn how to respect others.

There are no decent devs in MxC - except for Rizel I guess - so this thread can disappear ^^

Go ahead and start your flaming dev-wannabe.

Well i read your topic, twice, but i think my questions are not answered. I know l2jfree ofcurse. But do you expect anyone outside your "dev" team to know how your team is working and being managed ? The questions are aiming into that part of the project, and they are not replied in the topic you posted. I dont get the angry stance of your reply ... I just asked some simple questions.

1. L2jserver-compatible

2. If you are refering to UML organization through diagrams, then the answer is obviously yes.

3. Get a commiter's svn account and contribute towards the project, obviously this wont happen in an initial stage so apprentices will be given tasks, which will be oriented by the developers and who will assist you in any problem, after the task is complete it will be reviewed by the dev and commited.

4. Recruit new developers, because fact is, we are nearly out of developers.

Hope that answers your questions, else just make another reply and I'll try and answer them again.