pc ban ( hardware ban )

Indeed sltbnjr, but that would be the part of grabbing hardware stuff to make an ID or just send the MAC of the NIC. But it can be changed easilly anyway and hardware spoof probably changes it. If it doesn't, you can always use macshift to do it or even the windows driver itself.

i dunno if L2 use this bann methos, but i know other games that use it to limit the clients open without make an account IP limit, that`s fuck the cybercafes or ppl that`s uses the same proxys

i'll tell you a story

im in process of trying to figure it out my self

ok

i have a few [hmm 15+ accounts] on l2crazy  i play on x7

im bored there

and just recently i try to do some things...never before i try any bot/l2phx programs there..

so what happened....after few unsucessfull things..i get kicked out of game

and i cant log in there any more

the account that i try to use exploits there gets this message at main log in screen "There is no time left on this account"

all my other accounts get "access failed, please try again later"

what i did..i run hdspoof i run hwspoofer i run smac...nothing no result all same

i get tired and go to sleep

next day..

i try again ..same story

so i try something that normaly doesnt make much sense but i try anyway

i put all game folders on a USB HD..USB HD coonected to the PC wich got the "ban" on that account

then i share the folder on my home network..and from my 2nd PC i access it and try to run it on the USB drive >> through the home network >> on the 2nd PC and i get in all the accounts..

but on the main PC i still cant get in.....

my partners there try to log in the account in question..and it works ..its not banned/deleted//..but i cant log it in

post if u'e seen anything like this before

nice post bonesaw,

routers do not forward MAC=> but it cant be used as an identifier

anyway i dont think they banned all the range of ips , if they do any user of your isp couldnt connect, look for some external tool that runs with the client, and verify u havent static ip assignment

i have the same problem..."access failed please try again later" my acount is not banned but i can't log in..i try to format my pc many times but, the same!i try to talk to my internet giver to change my Ip or whatever but they told me that my ip changes every time i open my pc(is usb rooter)..i know that BASTARDS but i want to play l2 from my home!!!!!!!!why to be so dificult?

Well, I don't know what application they might be running and what data they might be getting to hardware-ban people. This have been used since 2005 (or before) by Punkbuster and might still be used by it, but L2 doesn't have Punkbuster. You must find out what this application is grabbing from your system to be checked on server before you get in, so you can try to spoof it. HWSpoof spoofs hd vendor, nic mac and some other stuff I think, not sure, never used it and it's quite old. Don't got the time to do it, but if anyone got it, just get a sniffer and try to see what their application is doing.

Tools that could be used:

cprocess - good to see all files being used by a process. (injected files, dlls etc)

network chemistry packetyzer - a good free sniffer.

process explorer (procxp) - shows process tree in real time.

tcpview - shows which process is using a connection.

comodo firewall - it has a HIDS included, so when you run a program, it'll ask for what to do, if it should run or not, if it should access the internet or not and you can check the logs after so you know what's going on. I use ZoneAlarmPro myself, not free, but Comodo is free.

Have fun.

Just to add that after a complete re-install of the game-only [not OS] fixed the problem..

really weird is that it worked from my home network on the laptop..no idea what they did

but l2crazy is ran by russians and anything is possible as 80% of the good l2 software/hack and stuff comes from them :xd

maybe its still there and a re-install was unnecessary and this ban was just temporary as a warning..who knows

if any of you more experienced l2cheaters wants to go make an account for experimenting..its easy they dont validate email's

just click click acc. created/...u can make as many as u wish

regards

my best bet is that they ban the xxx part from my isp's ip --> 222.222.222.xxx because my ip is dinamic and on my isp's ip only the last xxx part changes for me

any way to hide or spoof the xxx part in my isp's ip ?

i'm a little off-topic but...is there any way to hardware-ban someone in counter-strike? i actually did not know u can ban someones hardware (MAC for example).

and on-topic: sry for you blue-devil but you were warned that l2dex has a very very good anti-bot system.

@shmeq

Yes, you can get hardware ban on CS if you use punkbuster. PB is also used on Battlefield and many other games, it does that since 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PunkBuster

@blue_devil

The only way you can 'spoof' the beginning part your IP range is by using a proxy outside that range, but not only is risky if you don't know the owner (if not yourself) but it also adds latency, so it's not really recommended. If you always get the same IP range and they banned that range, there's no bypass but by proxying.

• 1 year later...