St0rm.Net . Rebuilding.

TheVortex

St0rm.Net Site

This thread is aimed at those who are new to Lineage II private servers and do not know (or remember) how to join a private server.

1. Download the client

2. Install the client

3. Update the client

4. Change the HOSTS file

5. Create an account

6. Play

1. You will need to download a copy of the game (also called the client) from the internet. Lineage2.com offers the game download for free.

2. You will, as with all applications, need to install it (prepare it for use). NCSoft providers an instalelr with Lineage II, run it and follow the on screen instructions.

3. Once the game is installed you will be able to run it. You should do so, the game will begin to update. Note if you ever have problems joining the server and know it is not offline, you should run LineageII.exe and let it update or complete a "Full Check" VIA the "Full Check" button. Once the game has finished updating fully do not press the button to start the game, you are not ready for this.

4. You must change your windows HOSTS file, this will tell the Lineage II client that you want it to connect to OUR server and not to the live official servers. To do this on a Windows XP or Vista machine, go to Start in the bottom left. Click this. Point to Run, click this. A small box will appear in the bottom left above the Start button. Type the following in the box and press "OK":

notepad.exe C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

When you press OK, a text file should open with something similar to this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host
127.0.0.1       localhost

Add the following line to the end of the file: 70.85.54.50 l2authd.lineage2.com

Your new HOSTS file should look similar to this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host
127.0.0.1       localhost
70.85.54.50	l2authd.lineage2.com

If there are any other lines with "L2Authd.Lineage2.com" in them please delete them. This one should be the only one there.

Close the file, and press Yes when asked if you wish to save your changes.

5. To play on St0rmL2 you must register an account. Account registration is free and can be done easily without an email online. Remember your password or you will be unable to log in with that account. Do not give your password to anyone, or you risk losing your account and hard work. Please be honest with your email and birthday fields, while we do not verify these fields it is important that you be honest so that we can verify the account is yours should you lose your password or have it stolen. Birthdays are not changeable.

You may now create an account here

6. Once you have successfully created an account, installed and updated the game, and changed your HOSTS file, you should be ready to run the game. If you wish to run the game without having it update, in case in the future an update is released we are not ready for, run the file named "l2.exe" located in the system folder of your Lineage II directory. Default C:\Program Files\Lineage II\system\l2.exe

Log in with your account information that you registered with, create your character, and join the server of your choice.

Servers: Bartz - Server 1, Experience*50, Adena*100, SP*100, Drop*10, Spoil*10

We encourage you to check the forums often, and to be on our IRC server in channel #L2-Chat in case you have problems or for chat while not ingame and with our GM team. A tutorial on how to use IRC can be found here

Please vote for us daily, votes on Lineage II sites are how we get more popular, and with more users the game becomes more fun, more dynamic, more involved. You may find a thread on voting here

If you feel so inclined please donate to us as well, donations are how we keep the servers running, pay for additions to the site that keep users happy and coming in, and pay for upgrades to make the game run smoother. None of our developers or GMs are paid, this is strictly volunteer work, all your money goes to the betterment of the community

Yep k4rMa, the same server, by the same admin's , just with more experience now ;)

Ok thank you !! I will join later.. with name like always K4rMaArr0ws(and like before :P )  !!

Lets make this server again popular ! St0rmgaming times c4 ! :)

LOL ... My nickname was  FearMyDagger ;)

(a donator with +25 dagger/bow, 2 subclasses , +15 armors and jewls ... with wyvern and no weight limit .. I had 7 donators  :) )

Pfff do you remember me Vortex ??

With the name Karmaarrows or Punisher ? :P :)

Btw check your private messages !

Punisher ? Oo .. A female adventurer?Woot!

KarmaArrows Oo Now i remember yo hahaha!

Yeap a adventurer Punisher and an archer KarmaArrows :D they was the best chars !!! LIONNA :)

(Adenturer)Crazy dmg with skills with dagger and crazy critical with bow.. Full Buffs xD

Btw check these 2 videos from the old noobs xD

They havent me... at coli 15 vs 1 :P

Do you remember FearMyDagger,DeViaN,Donor,Aya and some other donators ( Bartz x50 )... All players was crying :) .. We was the best players :)

BTW Do you have any pictures of FearMyDagger( me :P ) ,DeViaN,Donor or Aya?

BTW Do you have any pictures of FearMyDagger( me :P ) ,DeViaN,Donor or Aya?

No i haven't  and the videos are not mine :P

I have lost all of my photos and videos :(

Btw you was donator to bartz right ?

Lionna hadn't have donate ! ...

And yes i can remeber you ! :)

From my net was playing.. : Karmadagger , Chocostyle , Raimon and some other n00bs :P

And i tell you again check your private messages :/

Yes i have donated 1000$ ++... I ' ve added you ( msn )

Off topic: How can i unblock you ? :P

I was block you before some days.. remember ? :P

I block you and delete from the contact list :(

My friend gropacas was named DrJekyl or sth. I played there when i was a total n00b... I had a th named OmagasThsPareas :/