[IDEA] L2J Projects Fusion

Hello to everyone,

I'm Shivan, Italian developper, actually working on a new L2J Interlude Server. Analizing a lot of projects (L2jServer, L2jTeon, L2jEqual, L2jBrasil, L2jEmu, L2jFree, ....) I saw that something is wrong:

1) A lot of projects: every project started with L2jServer Interlude Base and every project had the same bugs that in some ways, that could be different for each project, they solved (some but not all) bugs.

2) No Cooperation: there is not cooperation between projects, but just sometime stolen of Ideas and nothing other.

3) No modulation: some projects divide the study between Datapack/Core/Geodata, but not everyone and not making it correctly ....

At this time I want propose a solution to all these problems that however someone can take in consideration and could make a decision, not me because I'm just a noob developper (I'm just Computer Engeneer :D):

1) Contribute Modulation: all projects must decide on which part they want partecipate, for example a) CORE, b) DATAPACK, c) GEODATA

2) Coordination: Once decided the "Contribute Piece", the members of the Contribute Piece must work togheter to arrive at same target ---> this means that they need just 1 site with all reported bugs about each server that is using the "Fusion Project Revision"

3) Distribution: the distribution should be free to improve the stability of Project and to receive tickets by Admins that use it .

4) Documentation: if you make a documentation about all your changes and project aspects, it should be the best ;).

These are my "Engineer" suggestions, now make your decision and inform the Projects Owners to define a common way to produce a serious project.

Shivan (sorry my English :))

It will never happen, cause 80% of projects are launched by -20 years old ppl or around. And 80% of those are alone or with a friend which doesn't know one word in java. And yes, age have an influence on the result.

All want their own project, but in fact there isn't any decent pack. It's just utopic, and unfortunately, I have too this idea, less technical, but little boys don't need technic. They want a e-penis.

As you, I got bookmarks on all existing timelines, I got around 10 different projects on my workspace which I cut.

Around 60% of timelines are :

- changing the name of the old team for your (around 1 week).

- fix the well known bug (around 1 week)

- fix self-errors you put yourself (depends of the guy, sometimes ppl stop at this state lol)

- after that ? It's finished, they made their UBBER PACKZOR ! They give a NAME (choose between L2PWONAGE, L2EXCESLIOR, L2THEBEST, L2MYSERV). It's the most important state.

And finally, testers cry in forum cause MMOCORE/GS side skills/any other problem got critical issues, and excepting change the name of team in workspace, "owners" have no idea about how to change something.

So they give up. And new "team" is coming, with stars in eyes, and a new e-penis is showing his nose.

You get the vicious circle.

And don't worry, 99% of developpers can be considered as "noobs developper", myself includes. I analyze, copy-paste, rewrite. A real dev doesn't block on syntax errors, they make schemas about how to dev a function, blablabla. I think many ppl acts like that, if not less.

About an organization, a second and real problem (add this to the e-penis state), some ppl develop to get a precise pack. I mean for example, who cares on a retail server about AIO shit and other stuff like that ? You need a head for a project, someone who can command, who got technic notions about organization, someone who don't leave for the first "bug" seen, someone who have a real idea about HOW WAS REALLY INTERLUDE (with formulas, etc). And I don't talk about the way of the pack... People want to add so many things on a "pack" which is supposed to be a "model" of L2, it's not even L2 and that sux.

And according to some ppl I won't name (Intrepid, who is actually banned dunno for what), Interlude was a coding failure. Well, I don't share this point, but ppl think IL is buggy and don't want to bother with it.

My main problem with actual packs aren't there are packs ; my main problem is owners are just little brats who stop it after 2 weeks max, making a lot of publicity about it. Marketing works when the product is in developement, not before, and they forget it.

------

So, to resume your idea, cause the idea is good : you need a project head, if possible a little group of good devs. After, others will come, depending of the group's will. Understand they choose who enter in inner circle and who stay behind.

But I don't think one of the actual IL "packs" can be considered as a model.

So if you find someone who want to give back his "golden letters" to IL, I mean the most retail-like, light server, I think there will have followers.

End of message, it's already too long for little brats :D.

BIG POST IS PIG :P

You read what they wrote ?

Interlude is a SHITLUDE , but at the moment it can be the best chronicle for idiots who can not understant that GRACIA is not just new zones and new items...

So if someone will work like "shivan" said , they will keep IT alive .

But at the moment many IT projects died...

LIKE : TEON, INFINITY etc... even Kidzor realised that...and now he is selling archid ! and this is the right way...if you could do something you should do it for you ! not for all...and what he did ...we will see in few weeks/monts , dunno ;D

Well, I won't make the bible why people prefer IL than post-IL chronicles, personaly I prefer IL, so I dev for IL. I have the idea of using C3 too...

The doc you found Matim was interesting :). It precises leader must have an overall view of the project. Personnally, even with a circle of wanabee devs, I think it's possible to make something. From the moment leader / circle got the faith :P.

The goal is to take the best of each pack, light the hybrid, ameliorate some points according to L2J post-IL stuff, and that's it, you got a decent pack.

About Archid, I think it was an error to make it private. And yes, it was one of the decent IL pack. INFINITY, 100 changesets ? Don't make me laugh, I don't consider it like a pack. Like 95% of packs.

u guys realise that the projects your talking about are leaded by some kids, with the goal of learnign some stuff.. they dont actually care bout the project XD

Thats why they wanted interlude in the first place, cus theres no development on it, and to make things simpler they just c/p stuff with their credits :P

And thats how projects like Brazil and Teon succeed. (By feeding ppl crap xD)

Anyway im working on a mmo server framework called l2j luna - core. It is what archid premium will be using after this month xD (just puting it out there, dont ask about it cus i aint gonna replay).

@Tryskell lol i thought u died or smth xD

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you have thought that we are living in a capitalistic society ?  ???

I wont disagree that the idea would bring a better world for l2j definitelly, but it cant really happen. The competition between devs/servers is strong enough so noone is actually going to share his work. Private projects exist cause ppl want to have things that others dont have. This is how competition works in modern society.

Microsoft could work with Linux vendors, but they dont ...

Its not a matter of planning and vision. Its a matter of human nature and social relations.

why are you talking about IL? jesus IL is dead guys, L2 going die.... so if you like to develop an l2 server do it with curent L2 Version... Epilogue...

The competition between devs/servers is strong enough so noone is actually going to share his work.

yea thats true... i dont  think any serius "dev" "server" is going to share his work... you can see here in maxch forum... all shares are just a "nothing special" made by kids arround 16-20 years old.