'To many connections'

Th3On3

Question

Ok well recently my server has been expierencing a problem I have no idea what it is called and no idea how to fix. I will post the code bellow. I know it is something to do with too many people connecting but have no idea how to fix?

INFO : An exception occurred while acquiring a poolable resource. Will retry. ja
va.sql.SQLException: Data source rejected establishment of connection,  message
from server: "Too many connections"
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:991)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2544)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:1474)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java
:266)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManag
erDataSource.java:135)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnecti
on(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:182)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnecti
on(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:171)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionRe
sourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:137)
        at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResource
Pool.java:1014)
        at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$800(BasicResourc
ePool.java:32)
        at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask.run(BasicRe
sourcePool.java:1810)
        at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(Thre
adPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)

If you are good at fixing this kind of stuff plz help

My server has been loosing votes on Hopzone because of this error.

What happens when this error shows up is its repeated and repeated making it so no one can connect to the gameserver. so my server is listed as down and no one can vote plz help me!!! ???

8 answers to this question

you better run an other server pack because L2JEmu have many unstable sides. I was running it and i had a lot of problems... Maybe you can try with L2JOneo?

Or if you want to stay with L2JEmu you have to delete diskw (first backup the DB from there) and install MySQL if you chose this one tell me i will tell you how to do it :P

Ok i will find a differnet way.... i think

So what exactly do you think the problem is? is it that my my MySql is not configured properly to support so many people logging on to my server?

Ok i will find a differnet way.... i think

So what exactly do you think the problem is? is it that my my MySql is not configured properly to support so many people logging on to my server?

exactly ... the diskw dont have a stable mysql and the other thing is that its the most undefenced thing ever because you cant configure your own password on the MySQL :P in most cases it dont have password or the password is "root"

So the other way is to download MySQL 6 from http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-6.0/mysql-6.0.2-alpha-win32.zip/from/pick#mirrors Install it and configure it properly and then copy the DB from the old mysql (l2jdb) to the data folder of the new MySQL

Im 99% sure that this will work :P