[Battle] Client Modding Battle.

Well, in order to bring further activity to this section, how about a public battle?

SoFaKi requested it before, so I thought to make the topic.

The battle will be between Devangell and SoFaKi.

The winner will be announced as the best Client Modder, between those two people.

So, I want to hear if the two contestants agree on the rules and generally the whole topic.

Rules:

You have 1 try only.

Your theme must be: Weapons SET

The Chronicle must be: You choose what you'll make and where. There are no Chronicle Limitations.

You don't have to share what you'll make, just ensure us that it is not leeched.

No fights between the two contestants are allowed.

SoFaKi Status: Accepted

Devangell Status: Accepted

You can both now start making the sets!

The ones that will judge who will the winner be (Judges) will be objective guys that aren't really close friends to sofia or Devangell.

They will be:

Chandy - Accepted to be a Judge

LauQ - Accepted to be a Judge

Setekh - Accepted to be a Judge

Ventic - Accepted to be a Judge

CriticalError - Accepted to be a Judge

I will add more, but for now these are ok.

Let the best modder win!

PS: For others: You can comment the creations only once both of the contestants have posted something.

What the Judges Told!

LauQ's Vote went to: SoFaKi

Ventic's Vote went to: SoFaKi

CriticalError's Vote went to: SoFaKi

Chandy's Vote went to: SoFaKi

Setekh's Vote went to: SoFaKi

Devangell™

Set: Complete tysandy/dynasty set.

Effects: The use of an oscillator panner is quite interesting, only what really lacks in my opinion is the lack of a specular mask; which would have made the effect only on some part of the weapon, because now the blueish shine also appears on, for example, at the black feathers on the Dynasty/Tysandy bow. If it would be only on the blue/metalic parts of the weapon it would greatly improve the sort of feeling of the weapon. Also the oscillator doesn't fit well with all weapons: like at a shield it looks great! But at the crossbow it sort of stays in the middle.

Color: I won't say too much about this, as it is mostly a matter of taste. Blue with black is a nice combination. More colors, for example on the sort of 'eyes' or 'gems' in the middle of most of these weapons, would have made it more appealing. The contrast between the effect and the texture doesn't have to be big in my opinion, this lighter blue as used now gives a good sort of shine effect.

Overall: gives a nice impression; though the lack of a specularity mask ruins it for the original choice of effect. Could have been worked out better with the mask, a variation of color and in detail. Perhaps time was the victor?

7/10

SoFaki

Set: Freya Blunt, Pole, 2h-blunt, 2h-sword, Dagger, Fists, Dual, Dagger, Blunt. Would be more interesting as a complete set imho (missing 1h sword, shield, kamael weapons).

Effects: There is made good use of a specularity mask which makes the glow go through parts of the weapons nicely. Only one thing that disturbs me really is the unlogical movement of the glow, which is most off track at the two handed sword and the dagger. You could have solved this by making a separate parts of the mask for the horizontal and vertical movement and using the Selfillumination as second shader, or just using a constant/continueing glow.

Color: The dark/black with orange/red is a nice combination, and some parts are left grey/metallic as well, giving variation in the coloring, which is nicely done. The bright orange effect gives good contrast with the other parts, giving the weapons a real special feeling.

About the dual: it is original, but not worked out really well: as you demonstrate yourself the sword in the left hand goes through the body of the character, and overall also gives a clumsy impression. I think if you'd have made a dual dagger, with both the daggers, and one pointing down like you did with the sword, it could have been nice.

Overall: Good looking weapons, with a bright and nicely flowing effect, except at some weapons where it flows through really strange, and variation in color making them feel more 'complete' and realistic.

8.5/10

Both participants: nice mods, nice creations. Few things: both of them lack a, pretty usual shine/reflection effect, which you could have put as second shader at the selfillumination. Also neither have used some weapon glow which could have scored nice bonus points at me :D

Sofaki:Your weapons were great.The animation fits with color and it makes an awesome combination and also look awesome.Good try from your side

well first of all congratulations to the participants as they have done a great job 2, and now we are what our

Sofaki: Well the truth that I marvel at the effect of alpha channel that you've given, the truth you've done very good job with Freya weapons. chose a very good set of weapons and your job was made very clear. 9/10.

Devangell ™: Well friend you also have yours and I really liked the job but there are actually things that change in that set .. such as the color of weapons alpha channel should be different color because as I said not to see clearly the effect you've given them .. good for me you can do better but my vote for you is 7/10.

I'll be brief :

Sofaki - Good work with color and effect;

Devangell - Good work with color/effect but there're mistakes (alpha channel).

So,my vote goes to Sofie.

Congratz to both and keep up.

is pretty obvious that i will vote for sofy. because the color, animation just blends together so good that in comparison with Devangell™ ... well... eh you get it :P

SoFaKi is the Winner!

Gratz to both!

Judges ?

I am not sure if there will be judges, but if I add any, they must be objective guys, that aren't close friends to any of these two contestants.

no one yet. Coyote says that its member polled

Not sure for anything, yet.

Sido, LauQ, amith, Coyote™, Devangell™, SoFaKi  and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

what is he waiting for ?

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

edit:

accepted :)

any time limit?

oups

Judges ?

I would want to try, but with some fellow judges to keep eachother in tone (tbh I chat with SoFaki now and then, also as staff colleague ^^, so that might have some influence on my view, but I can do my best to be as objective as possible...)

EDIT: just comment as being one of the 'others' is fine by me too

I would want to try, but with some fellow judges to keep eachother in tone (tbh I chat with SoFaki now and then, also as staff colleague ^^, so that might have some influence on my view, but I can do my best to be as objective as possible...)

I want you to be a judge, because of your knowledge.

I suppose that you can judge fairly the best outcome.