Hotelul Pentru Scriitori Netrebnici

Raule

24 members have voted

1. 1. Cand ia Nervos permisul?

• Anu asta
    • Anu viitor
    • Niciodata

Pentru?

Am intrebat cine e ala, nu vad vreo problema sau jignire in intrebarea aia.

sa-ti fie rusine de nu-l cunosti pe warmaster, e o stea p'acilea, e mai ceva ca admin.

daca aude ca nu stiai cine e iti da el dekarma

sa-ti fie rusine de nu-l cunosti pe warmaster, e o stea p'acilea, e mai ceva ca admin.

daca aude ca nu stiai cine e iti da el dekarma

o fi un pui de zmeu si noi nu stiam :))

ma cei care mati avut in lista... mia furat  kreva id de mes.. am intrat de dim si ops.. cica am parola schimbata si eu nam schimbato... ma rog   noul meu id estee... pt cine il doreste si vrea,,

tze_x15@yahoo.com

Hey! I'm a 20 yo American living in Romania right now! The first thing you should know about Romania is that it's AWESOME. I have met so many nice and interesting people, and I'm really having a blast. I've been here for 2 months so far, with only 4 more to go. (I wish I could stay for so much longer) When I first got here I only knew how to say "Good Morning" and "Thank You" and as you can guess that was a pretty big issue. (I came here by myself) On my second day, I was paired with a "tutor" who helped me do official things like getting a phone and paying temporary resident taxes... he also introduced me to some people who helped me learn some basic Romanian. Almost everyone our age will speak at least some English- so when you are out doing things/meeting people it won't really be an issue. But older people- like people who work in grocery stores, my landlord, or waiters- usually don't. For the first week I ordered food by just pointing at something random on the menu and hoping it was going to actually be food and not a side of mustard or something. I would suggest learning some basic food words, although a lot of places that I have been to offer English menus as well. Eventually I discovered Marty Society which is the most amazing restaurant ever. (I go there at least 4 times a week) This one in located in Cluj-Napoca, which you simply must visit because it's awesome, and you can't go to Romania without at least visiting Transylvania :D Some more tips:

Timisoreana is the best beer ever

Coke tastes a lot different here than at home (pretty much tastes like diet coke), but in my opinion Pepsi still tastes pretty much the same

Shaorma la lipie is the equivalent of Chipotle- You MUST get some while you're here. (Tortilla with chicken (or lamb), french fries, lettuce, mayo, pickles, tomatoes...) It's not a burrito but it's as close as you'll get and it is totally delicious.

Crossing the street is kind of scary- there is some law about how the car has to stop if you're walking on the crosswalk or whatever... but this requires you to basically just walk in front of moving cars. I usually end up standing on the corner until a Romanian crosses the street and then I just tag along with them.

The light switches for the bathroom are on the outside of the door. Crazy, I know. I'm still getting used to it.

Suie Paparude is my favorite Romanian band. (but I also love this song by ROA)

This is kind of turning into a novel- but there are sooo many wonderful things to say about Romania (and especially Cluj) and I could go on and on... If you want to know anything else (or want some "I'm an American in Romania" support when you get here) PM me! I'll be in Romania until July.

TL;DR Romania is AWESOME and you should be totally excited that you get to come here :)

Edit: I just read Zander_aq's post... beware of Palinca!