[Suggestion]L2JEmu,L2J,L2JFree or?

Cloud

Question

hi guys,i know that many of you will answer l2j! do not use l2emu(at least 1 of you will answer like this) but i saw that l2emu is reborned and i used(and i still use) l2j because i like it and seems to be quite good.Or should i use l2jfree?

i use G.FINAL CHRONICLE(i forgot to mention that)

You can choose either maven-only build or maven-in-eclipse build (sadly, the guide for integrated maven isn't completely done).

Intrepid is right. Since kamael part one the support was going downhill, and that was why the project also gone downhill. Around gracia part 1 you could get flamed and get 0 support even with a valid bug report.

However, currently, there is some support (as much as 2 devs can provide...).

You wont get support if:

You don't use the latest trunk (which is bad, but they promised to make a gracia final stable release)

Now you get flamed only if:

Ask for support for an outdated release (think C5, IL, Kama part 1/2, Gracia part 1,2, which all are over 6 months old: seems reasonable considering there are only two active devs)

You use random english words as a spambot (think "I like XML inside the folder. Please inneed help, problems with Javascript!")

You insist you can reproduce an exploit/bug, but refuse if the devs request you to add logging and post the results when doing the exploit, and noone else can reproduce that exploit/bug.

Otherwise you will get support soon and hopefully that will be a changeset!

You can choose either maven-only build or maven-in-eclipse build (sadly, the guide for integrated maven isn't completely done).

Intrepid is right. Since kamael part one the support was going downhill, and that was why the project also gone downhill. Around gracia part 1 you could get flamed and get 0 support even with a valid bug report.

However, currently, there is some support (as much as 2 devs can provide...).

You wont get support if:

You don't use the latest trunk (which is bad, but they promised to make a gracia final stable release)

Now you get flamed only if:

Ask for support for an outdated release (think C5, IL, Kama part 1/2, Gracia part 1,2, which all are over 6 months old: seems reasonable considering there are only two active devs)

You use random english words as a spambot (think "I like XML inside the folder. Please inneed help, problems with Javascript!")

You insist you can reproduce an exploit/bug, but refuse if the devs request you to add logging and post the results when doing the exploit, and noone else can reproduce that exploit/bug.

Otherwise you will get support soon and hopefully that will be a changeset!

ok but i don't understand why they don't recruit new devs?they can also try to make a "fusion" with l2jemu;i think that l2jfree is a great project but the lack of devs looks like a bad thing:/

All forks (that are willing to upgrade to the latest chronicle when it's released) are not willing to merge, doesn't matter who offers and what are the offer's conditions (so l2emu,l2open-free,l2unknown_fork wont merge with l2some_name, even if l2some_name proposed to take l2emu as base). It simply wont work, NEVER.

Due to bad support earlier, there's noone to recruit (alas, there are testers now, that's currently a huge achievement)...

they open tickets and about nb4l1 well hes a kind of guy who talk in java all time you say to him apple 10sec later he tell you a code which eat that apple so...hes definitely strange but besides of that hes a helpfull guy(atleast in msn :D )

true :D

Horus have nice support because he work with savormix but eg you as a normal user no way to get support.

l2jfree team the worst in support not to mention l2jfree users go to l2j forum for support because they cant get it in l2jfree forum you know the best choice is always do your own pack based on a stable pack and that way:

base pack l2j(easy to handle fast to learn it)

optimizations and administrative things l2jfree(thats the only part which is good in l2jfree)

customs skills scripts l2jofficial and l2emu

and 1 more thing to l2jfree just a small thing the old l2jfree based l2emu failed died and not because of charus and jiv are lames to handle it simple the base was a crap now emu is l2j based and its dont have any kind of problem like before.l2jfree is the only project which is not based in l2j all the other project yes guess why

bullshit for the support they are always up to you to help

and afaik, if you want best perfomance use JFree, nbali did a great job with the memory :) geodata was reworked fucking great, start up has been perfomanced too..

dunno what to say, im still banging my head in the wall :D

about the memory,it does consume more than l2j(as what i know) or it has been "fixed?and about building jfree better maven only or eclipse with maven inside?i noticed that(i want to add also the optional customs) with maven u don't see this folder and i have to add it manually,is that true?

It's the same thing as always. Server doesn't load stuff from /optional/, since you don't want everything that's in it. So you just copy things from /optional/ to /data/ (relevant directories).

The only thing is that in the generated .zip archive /optional/ is not included. You can see the folder without any problems.