[Guide]CS:Z Multiple user Configurations

virusa

Have you ever had a friend over that played CZ and they change your configs? I know I do. So I came up with this tut to help save time and the agony of reconfiging your configs.

STEP 1: Locating your Config.cfg file.

Start off by going to your CZERO folder located here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\STEAMNAME\condition zero\czero

STEP 2: Adding your friends config.cfg file.

Have them send you or themself their config.cfg file. Then save the .cfg file to your desktop. Rename it to something besides config.cfg. I use config1.cfg.

STEP 3: Loading your friends config.cfg file.

Place the renamed config.cfg file into your CZERO folder (as described in STEP 1). Join any server and when your friend is playing, go into console (~), and type exec yourfriendsconfig.cfg and then hit enter. NOTE: Make sure they type the config.cfg file right. If they (or you) named it friend.cfg, then you type exec friend.cfg then hit enter.

STEP 4: Restoring your config.

While in game, go back into console (~) and type exec config.cfg then hit enter. Your configs should be restored back to how you play.

SIDE NOTE: YOU MUST have one config file in your CZERO folder called config.cfg. If not then you won't have keys set when you start a game.

ALSO: When saving the cfg file in STEP 2, make sure you SAVE AS configname.cfg. YOU MUST add the .cfg at the end or it will be saved as a .txt file and you will not be able to exec it in game.

Have Fun and Happy Fragging!

Credits:Zombi