Frequenly Asked Questions

L2J FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Hello, I made this FAQ to help for new Admin's and Developers in L2J. This FAQ includes general Informations, important links etc. If You wish to learn something about Java Mods, please check my other Guide: Java - Core Modifications Ok so lets start.

Note: This is Guide for Newbies! To reduce the amount of stupid threads.

1. First, general question. What is L2J?

L2J is an Alternative Lineage 2 Game Server written in pure Java for best compatibility. L2J gives you the possibility to legally host a game server for this popular Korean MMO created by NCSoft. It is still unfinishd and some features are still missing, but L2J Dev Team is working hard on implementing them.

2. How to setup your own L2J Server?

Its simple, just visit this Guide: Click Here

3. How can I connect with my own Server?

There are two methods. First, You can create your own patch (System with modified l2.ini file. To do it, you will need program called FileEdit. Just use search to find it) Another method - simplest way. You can edit your host file. You have to find and open hosts file, whitch should be located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc And You have to add few lines with your Ip. This is an example:

5.195.154.172 l2authd.lineage2.com

5.195.154.172 l2testauthd.lineage2.com

Replace yellow fields with Your IP. Also you can add this line to protect yourself against GameGuard errors (You dont have to change numbers here!)

216.107.250.194 nprotect.lineage2.com

And dont forget to fill your IP number in server.properties and loginserver.properties config files.

4. What programming languages i should know?

If You want to setup your server just for fun and maybe for few friends you dont have to know any programing languages. You have to know English and use your brain. But if You want to create new, serious project, You should know these programing languages:

- Java, Python, Html, SQL, XML

5. Hardware requirements

Firstly. You have to chose. If You want to create serius server, You should buy dedicated server. If You want to create server only for You/your friends and for fun. You can use your own PC. You should have more than 1GB ram and good CPU. Its depend from files also! Ok, but lets talk about dedicated servers.

First Question: Dedicated Server, ok but whitch Operating System?

Linux - the best for L2J Server. Why? Firstly, Linux is more effective than Windows.

Second Question: Which programs I need?

FTP Client - to the file transfer. Putty - console to the control your Linux (Starting Server, instaling programs etc)

Third Question: Where can I find basic Putty Commands?

Here I'll post few, basic commands (for more use google)

ls - to list files in a directory:

cd - change directory (navigate to some directory):

cp - copy a file:

mv - move a file (also used to rename files):

rm - remove a file:

mkdir - make directory:

pwd - show your current location:

whoami - find out which user you are:

wget - to download some url content to the current directory

yum - To install any packages from the urls

Fourth Question: Where I can buy Server?

You should find the best offer for You (Just use google) Samle Hosting Company: Click Here

6. How can I find Items, Npc etc ID?

Its simple, just push alt + g buttons in game (with Admin account ofc)

7. How can I change server annoucments?

You can do it in game in Admin panel or just edit announcements.txt file whitch should be located in data folder.

8. How I can fix GameGuard Errors?

There are few methods. First You can use GameGuard patches (in System folder). Second - You can edit Your configs and set GameGuard Protection to False. Just find these lines in config files:

# Enforce gameguard for clients

#  GameGuardEnforce - enforces gameguard query on character login

#  GameGuardProhibitAction - don't allow player to perform trade, talk with npc

#    or move until gameguard reply is received.

# Retail: true, true

GameGuardEnforce = True

GameGuardProhibitAction = True

And replace True by False.

8. Errors and how to fix them:

1. I have this error log in Server console!

Client [ip: 127.0.0.1] is trying to connect using interlude Client!

Simple answer, your L2 Client is different than your Server Files Chronicle. You have to instal correct Chronicle

2. I have error about Hexid file!

bbwh3.jpg

First error from the top of the screen - check your hexid file. It should be called hexid and it should be located in data/config folder.

3. I have this during server registration!

4h32tt.jpg

Probably you dont have servername.xml file in Server/login folder. Check it.

4. I have acces problem error log!

During Server loading I get this error log:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'locahost' (using password: YES).

- Did you set password in MySQL?

- Check your pass in config file (Login and Game) Find database option anc check your passwords.

5. Strange Error in Game Server console!

zltf0k.jpg

You dont have all .jar files or these files are damaged. Check these files loacation. Also you can use recent .jar files.

6. Strange lines all the time during starting GS with new jar files!

2lsa3hg.jpg

Its normal, dont wory. Its normal at first startup with new jar files.

7. Protocol Revision Error!

Client <null> Protocole Revision:693 is too low. only 694 and 709 are supported.

Closing connection.

Wrong Protocol Version 693.

You have to edit Min and Max protocol Revision. You have to edit server.properties and edit these lines:

# Minimum and maximum protocol revision that server allow to connect.

# You must keep MinProtocolRevision <= MaxProtocolRevision.

MinProtocolRevision = 828

MaxProtocolRevision = 828

If You wish to allow for all Protocol Revisions, You have to type 1 in Min and 999 in Max Protocol Revision.

8. Problems with Skills File!

29px5oo.jpg

Something is wrong in file data/stats/skills/0200-0299.xml (in this case) Check it!

9. Error with Config File!

You had something like this?

bebmsx.jpg

Answer is simple, something is wrong with altsettings.properties (in this case)

Check it or copy and paste this file from stable Revision.

9. How can I remove L2J license during enering L2 world?

First of all. You should not do that! If You want to do it - you dont respect L2J Dev work!

Ok, but if You wish just open loginserver.properties

Find and edit this line:

ShowLicence = True

10. I have strange error during NPC talk.

My text is missing...

You dont have correct .htm file for your NPC. Or it is located in wrong location. Also dont forget to save it as .htm file, .html is wrong!

11. How can I edit NPC's ingame?

If You wish to edit basic NPC stats like hp, name, title etc - You have to target your NPC and push shift + Left Mouse Button.

12. How can I download L2J Source?

You can use Eclipse (Use search to find something about Eclipse and compiling) or use TortoiseSVN program. You have to instal thisprogram. Then create new folder and click on them RMB (right mouse button) and click

4. Klikamy prawym przyciskiem myszy na nasz folder i używamy opcje svn checkout option.

107mnpf.jpg

File your L2J Project repository adress and press ok.

10cn91j.jpg

L2Jfree SVN

svn://l2jfree.com/repo/l2j-free/

L2J SVN

L2JEmu SVN

13. How can I create NPC which is able to speak and move?

2eulqxl.jpg

If You want to create this NPC, You have to use NPC Walker Instance. Its simple, You have to create normal NPC and add him into DB as other NPC. There is only one little change. I'll show You sample NPC sql.

(31361,32072,'Edwin',0,'',0,'NPC2.a_old_people_Mhuman',9,17.3,70,'male','L2NpcWalker',40,3862,1493,11.85,2.78,40,43,30,21,20,10,0,0,1314,470,780,382,278,0,333,0,0,0,6,32,'NULL',0,0,0,'LAST_HIT',0,0,0,'fighter','false'),

You have to remember about this Insance. Ok so now lets add new "walkers". Open your table called `walker_routes` And now I'll explain this table.

(1,31361,1,'Hello MXC!',22418,10249,-3648,61,1),

Where 1 is walker ID, 31361 is NPC ID, 1 is move point, next time you should use 2,3,4,5,6 ... , 'Hello MXC!' is NPC text (He should say it) And next 3 numbers are X/Y/Z (where NPC should move) And 61 is delay between next move. You can create next move point easily (You can check other walkers inside this table) If You dont need text, just put NULL.

14. How can I change buffs duration?

For example, If You want to change WindWalk buff duration, you should find ID of this skill firstly. In this case its 1204. So lets open data/stats/skills/1204.xml file. Now You have to find lines responsible for WindWalk stats. And then take a look here:

<for>

<effect name="Buff" time="1200" val="0" stackOrder="#runSpd" stackType="speed_up">

<add order="0x40" stat="runSpd" val="#runSpd"/>

</effect>

</for>

Where 1200 is buff duration. Now You should know how to edit it. Note: firstly check your config, because you can find special config to set new duration for all buffs (simpler way than editing all skills one by one)

15. How can I create Admin Account?

Its simple, You have to add special acces level for Your account or character. Firstly, lets create new account with new character. Then logout from the game and open your DataBase. Now go to the 'character' table, lets find your character and in acces level field put 127 (Full Admin Acces)

16. How can I add base stats like DEX, STR, WIT etc for character?

You should add "skill" for your char. Its simple just add new skill (by Admin panel) Here I'll put basic Stats ID's.

9001-INT, 9002-WIT, 9003-MEN, 9004-CON, 9005-DEX, 9006-STR

Warning: You should not have more then 99 of each basic stat!

17. How can I check my WAN and LAN IP?

Wan IP: Click Here

Lan IP: Start -> run -> Cmd -> ipconfig

17. I dont have stable IP!

If You dont have stable IP (for example if You have router etc) You can use NO-IP client.

Check it: www.no-ip.com or www.no-ip.pl

18. How can I set Auto Account Creation?

Go to the login\cofig\loginserver.properties file, and open it. Lets find these lines (And set it as True or False)

# Useable values: "True" - "False", use this option to choose whether accounts will be created

# automatically or not.

AutoCreateAccounts=True

19. How can I create new Quest?

You have to know Python (Jython) programing language. Also You can check other Quest .py files and check how does it work. But You have to know, python quests < Java Quest (Java is faster etc)

Dont forget to read Documentation.txt file whitch should be located in \data\scripts\quests folder.

20. How can I edit .dat files from the System folder?

You need patched System folder and FileEdit Program (version dependent from Chronicle) Download:

L2FileEdit: C5/IL, IL/Kamael, Hellbound/Gracia, Gracia Final

Run File Edit and open .dat files. Now You're able to edit them, like item descriptions etc.

21. How can I run Events in Game?

Firstly, event types are depend from Pack! For example on L2JFree pack we have TvT, CtF, DM. You have to config them before run them (also you can do it ingame, for example on L2JFree pack you can type: //tvt, //ctf, //dmevent )

Where I can config these events? You have to check config file called l2jmods.properties.

And here You can find Guide about Events: Click Here

22. How can I insert new SQL into DataBase?

In this case - on Windows. Run Your database (Navicat), open l2jdb. Then Right Click and click Option Called Execute Batch File

s40roy.jpg

Type Your .sql file and press ok.

23. Error while inserting new .sql file to the DataBase!

You had Syntax Error? Answer is simple. You should correct your sql file (Table Structure is different than your sql file structure)

Also you can insert your sql file manualy.

24. Whats wrong with my .jar Files!

1. After double click on them (run them) and i have error!

Its normal, you dont have to run them!

2. I cant edit .jar files via text editors etc!

Its normal also, you cant edit .jar files! Firstly - .jar file is something like zip format for java files. Jar Files are compiled java files.

25. How can I use chat filter?

You have to config it in config. Also You have to add words whitch should be censored ingame in special file.

This file should be located in config folder and should be called chatfilter.txt Just put new words in this file!

26. Where can I edit Zones like Peace, War, etc?

You have to edit zone.xml whitch should be located in data/zones folder.

26. Where can I add new language?

Note: its depend from the pack! On L2J Files its in data/lang

You can edit System Messages by editing systemmsg.txt file. Also dont forget to read documentation.

27. HEX format colours?

Where I can find HEX colours names? For example to change Admin name? Its simple - use this picture:

kolory.th.png

28. Where can I find icons images name?

You have to extract this file from your client: systextures/icon.utx

You can do it by this program: Dragon Unpacker

29. How can I fix skills?

First of all, you can change "config" for skills in data/stats/skills xml files. But if You want to modify skill forumlas, functions etc You have to edit core (Donwload Source code and check skills folder) All parameters are defined in core. You can check it (Formulas.java etc)

30. How can I create DataBase backup?

Server Backup? Very important thing to protect your server! Ok so I'll show you sample for Windows.

Open your db and right click on your DataBase, and click Dump SQL file option. Done.

29ztwty.jpg

31. My NPC Buffer doesnt work!

Maybe You had error log in GameServer? Also You have to check error log in your NPC buffer quest folder.

Another presumed reason - maybe you forgot to add one new line into scripts.cfg (With patch to the folder location with your NPC)

If You wish to learn something about Java Mods, please check my other Guide: Java - Core Modifications

And one more thing - use SEARCH BUTTON.

• 3 years later...