Wtf!

Yakamoto

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Thank you guys for your responses. I kept the server open without restarting and i tryied to log in again today and I looged in normally without any problems and then I tryied to create several accounts in short time and again it got stuck and the same error 'too many unkown packets' appeared. I am just the one created the accounts and the IP is mine. I appreciate all your comments.
    • well you can actually paint terrain heightmaps using the editor, if you just wan tto start with basic terrain texturing. u can use it to paint texturelayers aswell. but i recommend using other unreal editors for painting terrain textures since the one here on this forum tends to crash whenever it wants ^^   Just open the Editor and use a nearly empty example map to get map dimensions. Here I am using 15_22, since it has asingle water volume and a plain terrain texture only. perfect for demonstration:     Open terraininfo and move the terrain layer up the Z axis so it will stay slightly under water:       Open Terrain Editing Tool und use the Paint method to raise terrain in order to create an island:     now that we have edited our ground heightmap texture in order to save it you must save the texture file using the texture viewer (before editing the ground u need to open it with the texturewiever). In our case it is T_15_22.utx. Just save it by klicking on File->Save. Overwrite the existing T_15_22.     Now by opening15_22.unr our ground will be under water again (bcs. we didnt save the .unr map file), but still have our edited raised ground part.   U can use this method to raise actual ingame ground parts on retail maps ^^ In order to actually paint the ground and the ground textures I would recommend using another UE. The one u will find here tends to crash and malfunction a lot. for example you cant flatten terrain using terrain brushes.   Also texture painting doesnt work correctly aswell. sometimes u can paint and sometimes it does nothing.   So by using another Editor you can edit and create plain textured terrain. Just check the dimensions of the original map to create a compatible terrain texture 😇
    • Any with this issue? This is Hi5 @eressea
    • Who is this?  Maybe start the problem. 
  • Topics