[Guide] How to increase lineage2 performance

1tm

• 1 month later...

how many differnt systems did you try this on? it may work on yours but can it crash others. before posting an update like this for ppl to download, i would test it out to the best you can before giving to ppl.

how many differnt systems did you try this on? it may work on yours but can it crash others. before posting an update like this for ppl to download, i would test it out to the best you can before giving to ppl.

I agree with that...This is a good "trick" but it wont help all the users...Anyway I will test it (I have 4GB ram :P)

CacheSizeMegs=32

That option is nothing more than reserved additionaly memory for region textures, higher number = faster teleporting time and textures loading when walking on the world. BUT! that option is old as hell, and it was good on old PC's with 128-512 RAM - in that times, that option reserved additionaly 32MB of Ram like a "bonus for hard times".

In present times, when PC's have 1-4GB RAM, that option is useless, and don't change anything. Anyway thanks for good intentions :)