L2][Eternia Closed!

DeMeNs0s

heya guys,

the server closed on sunday forever. just because a retarded non-real-lifer attacked their DDOS all the time and reported the server for being illegal there to the hoster. they cannot even hold the server on anymore. btw i didnt saw any reason why to hack this server to this way. eternia had good online counts (+1000) and massive pvps. well nothing to say. shit happens. game over.

http://www.l2eternia.tk/

Quote@alfo

Hey everyone,

This time it's official, Eternia closes ...
I will therefore try to summarize the situation so that you understand that there is much left to do.
The first proposal was to unban all server accounts, we refused, but the attack does not stop we finally agreed.
But he refused and asked this time a GM account with limited rights. It was unthinkable for us!
We therefore continue to try to find a solution and we have studied the case of AzureGaming: all their servers are down.
The attack was of a magnitude that very few (if not any) companies (DDoS Shield, ...) were able to block the attack.
There was still a possibility, but too expensive for us (> $ 10k / month) ...
For the second time so we accepted his offer, and again he asked over and over again: this time he wanted access to all files on the server and admin rights on the forum and ingame.
There is too much!
This time we can not accept, he soon asked my resignation and that of all the GM!
The importance of such a botnet does not allow us to us, a small community to resist.
We are sincerely sorry to have let hope.
We hope that you do not want too (I think it's wrong say in English), we have done everything possible to save Eternia but nothing works.

We wish you good continuation in the world of Lineage II or Aion, for us this is where our adventure ends in MMORPGs.

Here is a little video for not leaving empty-handed:
http://www.eternia-reborn.eu/closed.avi

Greetings.

Oh..oh my god.This team is unstopable.We must act now, to give a and to those attacks .Next target : L2 Pride  xD  +500 people online. xD  All the big servers will be over.Cuz of some stup!d russian kids...

Oh..oh my god.This team is unstopable.We must act now, to give a and to those attacks .Next target : L2 Pride  xD  +500 people online. xD  All the big servers will be over.Cuz of some stup!d russian kids...

I'm still waiting for them to go back to L2Inc just to see what happens, lol.

wow.. one of the major server's closing down.. that's too bad.

who's the DDOS attackers??

Some Russian kids.They have a very good internet connection.Look.I know DDoS attacks very good.Those kids are sent a virus to some computers with a very good internet connection.And they activate the virus.This virus sents the packets.The main computer is hide the ip .The infected computers are something like zompies.The main computer gives a commant to all zompies to sent a DDoS attack.Its a kinda of Buffer Overflow but on the server .I have DDoS many sites and i know, how they do it.

well i looked the video. i can see it had population but since the owner cant ressist the DDoS attacks then the better he can do is to close the server.

anyway, since it have a .eu domain why he did a .tk one?

and how is the l2j emulator illegal? even off server packs arent protected... only client is so lol?

but anyways... i doubt this is caused by dos.. since l2 can be lagged so much easyer, just by 1 user spaming meaningful packets.. and i bet you could log the attacking ips and block 1 by 1 easyer than make a new overall flood protection for potential l2 packets.. or whatever lol, just serves nab admins right.. for not knowing enough to run servers.

i bet it was a preconfigured pack ;D

anyway, i asked everywhere and there are fixes for everything.And on linux u have better DDoS protect plus u can add some programs/addons for better protect. also l2j is not illegal, client mods are.

i bet it was a preconfigured pack ;D

anyway, i asked everywhere and there are fixes for everything.And on linux u have better DDoS protect plus u can add some programs/addons for better protect. also l2j is not illegal, client mods are.

yes..  with linux you have a better protection from DDoS attacks.But look this one : http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=81549.new#new  .

NCsoft will be happy thanks to this russian guys closing the servers ;p

If your server have being DDoSed you whould be happy ?  And why NCsoft will be happy ?  L2J is not legal .L2OFF is illegal .