[Guide]How to find a good server.

Hello everyone well i've been bored of all those topics in Private Server section so i got inspired to create this topic,i think that you might find it helpful.The topic will be separated in 2 parts.

- How to understand if the server is succesful or failure.

- How to choose our server.

1st Part.

- For example we finds a server advertisment topic.What first we shall look into?

1)How is the explaination written.

- If its Sample and noobish - 1st sign of a server failure.

Interlude Server x50

Mass PvP
Full Buffer/GK/GM Shop
50x EXP/SP
100x Adena Drop
Wedding System
Auto TvT (Hourly)
Large Community
100% Uptime
GeoData

- If its strict,fully and good - 1st sign of a server success.

Here's an example that i think is good.

INTERLUDE x100

Features of the server:

1. Changes in skills

- Recharge - increased to fit PvP server
- Salvation - now working
- Phoenix Bless - now working
- Spell Turning - now working with a bigger radius
- Song of Silence, Dance of Medusa - increased radius and power to fit PvP server
- Signets (Symbols) - now fully working ! No need forces ! New generation of the pvp on the Interlude server!
- Bluff - reworked. Gracia like!
- Swordsinger`s and Bladedancer`s skills - are now powered to fit PvP server
- Mystic Immunity - now working on the party members!
- Nuke augment are switched off to prevent nuking bishops
- Buffs lasts 60 minutes
- Magnus Chant fixed
- Chant of Victory Fixed
- Dodge, Counter attack fixed
- Added new command (.buff to prevent or enable buff receiving)
- Silence last 15 second
- Anchor last 15 second
- Augment buffs are now 60 minutes and do not stuck with buff slot

2. Changes in classes

- Shillien Saint - changed heals to be more powerful, added new group heal and increased recharge to fit PvP server
- Elven Elderer - added group heal, increased recharge
- BladeDancer,Swordsinger - unique song/dance and powered debuff skills

3. Item changes

- Mana Pots are not available during Battle position!!
- Quick Healing Potions avaliable but with big reuse and lowered heal
- CP potions are available
- Hats are available when you gather Glittering Medals

4. Zones

- Ketra Orc
- Monastery of Silence
- Varka Silenos
- Imperial Tomb

5. Armors

- Apella sets are now more usefull (the stat will be secret:) )
- S grade armors are also more usefull

5. Events
- Team vs Team
- Death match
- Team Death Match
- Town War
- 3 v 3 Match

- Koreean PvP
- Free for all

New dimension of the PvP awaits You

Further changes:
- added new options (Exchange, Apella Set, New Consumable)
- added hats as a reward for glittering medals. Also available from donate shop
- added Antharas AI
- added Valakas AI
- added Valakas attack AI
- Some changes to behemot and dragon bomber
- Added Baium AI
- Added custom events available through GM command (dm, tvt, tdm)
- Added Benom AI
- Also changed Benom from DB site
- Added changes in packet to disable Gracia`s protocol

Server information.

Rate Xp = 100.
Rate Sp = 100.
Rate Party Xp = 3.
Rate Party Sp = 3.
Rate Drop Adena = 150.
Rate Consumable Cost = 1.
Rate Drop Items = 1.
Rate Drop Spoil = 1.
Rate Drop Manor = 1
Rate Drop Quest = 20.
Rate Quests Reward = 10.
Rate Karma Exp Lost = 2
Rate Siege Guards Price = 100

WH

Maximum Slots For No Dwarf = 80
Maximum Slots For Dwarf = 100
Maximum Slots For GM Player = 250

Enchantment

Enchant Chance Weapon = 58%
Enchant Chance Armor = 66%
Enchant Chance Jewelry = 66%

Enchant Max Weapon = 20
Enchant Max Armor = 20
Enchant Max Jewelry = 20

Enchant Safe Max = 5
Enchant Safe Max Full = 5

Other

Hp Regen Multiplier = 150
Mp Regen Multiplier = 400
Cp Regen Multiplier = 200

Other interesting info
- RB jewerly only available through killing epic RBs
- Epic RBs reworked
- MP pots are available. also you can get QHP,Great Healing Potions, Cp potions, Elixirs
- Noble only available through making quest. Some items are buyable in the GM shop.
- A grade/S grade/Apella modifications
- Donate shop. You just get coins and you can choose what you want to have
- Crystal Scrolls are 100% successfull
- Buffs are limited to 24 buffs (including dances/songs)
- Selfbuffs does not count to buff limit. You can use all your selfbuffs + having your all 24 buffs
- .buff prevent from grief
- Augment buffs are reworked. Last 60minutes and also does not count to buff limit.

2)The website - domain and design.

- If the server is using a .ucoz. domain or another free hosting domain  - Sign of a server failure.(With few exceptions.)

http://l2fallenknight.ucoz.net/ 

- If the server is using a paid domain - 30% That the server will succeed,lately many servers use a .com domain and just fails,but not all the time.

www.frintezza.com 

3)The Administration staff.

- The staff..how to understand if the staff members are good or kids wannabe DEVs.

- Heres few examples that i found out for a Non-Proffessional staff.

If the members of the teams uses signs like !@#$%^&*()_+[]{}/\ in their names for example *[DEV]*[Name]*[bla] this is a total failure staff member,they opened the server for fun and are not serious using that name is sign of a noobish act.

- If the members use simply names like "Animus" or their own nicks (without quotes) i consider this for a real mature guys that care and are serious in doing their job.

Hope this part (1st) and its signs are atleast a little showover of what is a failure and successful server,more will ba added later.

2nd part.

- How to choose our server.

First of all we have to know what we're looking for.Lately alot of people are trying to create a Wannabe of a successful server in the past with the idea that if people see the name they'll think it for the real server and will join or they create a server with the minds of getting money from it and closing it.

For example im looking for a 50-200x server and im starting browsing the topics or top rating sites.(Check upper info.)Than when we consider a server for a good one by passing upper info next step is to get ingame.When you get ingame i usually talk to the staff,check their language and way they talk to their players,its the first thing i always check,if the staff is helpful and friendly this add % in staying in the server.Next i check is features and bugs (For bugs i use google and maxcheaters.com exploit section,i open a topics and check them,if they're fixed or i find minor bugs its okay,% to stay in the server,if i find something that i want to report i do it if no im letting the staff do their job.).If features fit to me i will stay.Other thing is staff corruptance i always check them,i mean im making a new MSN/Char and trying to get to staff asking for items also sending pictures of googles persons to make them give me items if this happens im leaving the server,if they resist it than the server is good.Other you'll find with the time,if you like the server and stay and play for a week (ex.) and you like all than its your server,if no do the steps again and hope you'll find yours server.

Edit:

3rd Part

- Look into Server machine specifications.

Well this isn't actually my part but i think i can give little example for server specifications.

If you login to the server and you lag badly,first be sure that the lag issue is from you,if no than look into the server online players,if they are ~20-50 and you lag that mean the server is hosted probably on a home PC with 2GB Ram and 1MB/s upload speed which is total fail for me i mean why you even bothered opening a server for 50 people to play?I mean my friends can be more than 50 so i can make a server only for them duh...A real L2 Server for me starts with a 200-300 players,only than you can have some fun,ofcourse with exceptions...

If you login to a server and you have 0 lag even with your PC being a sucky one,definetly a good start for the server,i mean if there are lots of players and you don't lag,than the server has a good machine.

Here is a little tip on minimal characteristics for a server machine,don't even bother on logging if the server has less power than those.

- 4GB RAM is minimum for me,if a server is hosted on less than 4GB Ram than expect yourself lagging with 30 players online.

- The HDD plays role too,better HDD less lag.

- The internet speed connection is rly important! (Upload speed.)The bigger the better. :>

If someone want more to be add suggest more. :> Enjoy!

Enjoy the topic!I hope that this will help atleast little for finding a server to play on.

P.S.:I didn't made this topic to flame someone or anything close to flaming,i made it for help.Im not advertising any server of a website!I used upper server information for example.The topic will be updated if i find something more that inspire me and help me to find my server!Enjoy.

(Sorry for my english,i hope its good enough for you to understand what i mean.)

Best Wishes and good day.

Bai :3

hello guys a new GR PVP server has just opened....

If u call GR servers failure u criticz our country and i will start flaming you. I dont like racism for our country neither for all other.

I hope this too,i don't want to offence anyone,just to help them and i hope it won't get locked or something.Do not flame or spam the topic so it won't get closed! :> :3

If u call GR servers failure u criticz our country and i will start flaming you. I dont like racism for our country neither for all other.

As i said i didn't made the topic to flame someone,i gave an a Example about what i consider as a noobish server explaination,no its not a fake one and i got it from MXC forum,so don't flame me i just took it as a example!

Cause i find it like 30% information of what i want to know,also it has useless information like Sieges 100% they're working for like 2 years or over.Also the way its written...just seems noobish to me.The information we're getting is like not enough of what we need (Atleast of what i need.).Peace.

Edit: I don't want to offence Greek population,its just the first server that i got by hand so i wrote it,if you got offenced or something i will look for another one.

(My server even has a Gr staff member in it so don't get me as a racist or something.)

cuz.. tbh greeks have a very large l2 community and maybe you understand it as an offence or w/e.. but in percentage i bet you have more greek newbie servers than any other (even br lol).. or maybe hes just used to reading mxc, where probably every greek server gets posted? =P

and its only normal that admins start at being newbies.. so you can see it as an offence, but lol.. its really a good sign and remember.. we were all newbies at some stage.. so now new generations are coming in =))

Ofcourse everyone started from a newbie,but well duh...shouldn't you start from a offline server,testing and cehcking what is L2J Or other Pack really,like checking skills and other things doing guides shared here.And when you feel rdy recruit a team and do something good,opening random servers with 1 week live dissapoint L2 Community and they give up,we're getting less every single day.Don't dissapoint the community,get ready and open a server.Once again don't feel offended its just an Example i said it like 5 times i don't want to offend someone!

cuz.. tbh greeks have a very large l2 community and maybe you understand it as an offence or w/e.. but in percentage i bet you have more greek newbie servers than any other (even br lol).. or maybe hes just used to reading mxc, where probably every greek server gets posted? =P

and its only normal that admins start at being newbies.. so you can see it as an offence, but lol.. its really a good sign and remember.. we were all newbies at some stage.. so now new generations are coming in =))

Agree the part with new generations :))

But the fact is most servers that run now are greek ..some are ok but most are crap i dont want to offend any greek by saying this but its the fact

As for the "selecting server" i think the same thing well most of anyway :P

Topic updated,the old "Noobish explaination" got removed and its now changed.Enjoy.Hope now nobody will be offended.

i bet if i was talking to USA as noobish etc, u would respond the same.

I wouldn't cause im mature person and i am ready to listen all that judge me,also i would accept it and try change myself.But anyway its not a pshychological topic so :> . Enjoy.

Ofcourse everyone started from a newbie,but well duh...shouldn't you start from a offline server,testing and cehcking what is L2J Or other Pack really,like checking skills and other things doing guides shared here.And when you feel rdy recruit a team and do something good,opening random servers with 1 week live dissapoint L2 Community and they give up,we're getting less every single day.Don't dissapoint the community,get ready and open a server.Once again don't feel offended its just an Example i said it like 5 times i don't want to offend someone!

yeah lol i totally agree! i also think every girl should ware thongs (at least till 50 xD).. but you know, when it comes to l2j.. im just happy to see new servers.. not really caring for how someone starts.. since i dont play any.. and tbh its really hard to expect anything more than newbies.