[Preview - Xbox-360] Halo 3: ODST

Halo_3_ODST_Box_Art.png

Halo 3: ODST (initially named Halo 3: Recon) is a standalone expansion for the first-person shooter video game Halo 3.Players assume the roles of human UNSC soldiers known as Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODSTs) during the events prior to Halo 3.

Gameplay

Halo 3: ODST is a shooter game with gameplay taking place from a first-person perspective. Although the gameplay of ODST bears a strong resemblance to previous Halo titles,the player does not assume the role of the enhanced human supersoldier Master Chief. Instead, the player controls a lone UNSC soldier, known as "the Rookie", in the city of New Mombasa, East African Protectorate (formerly Kenya). Since the soldier, known as an ODST or Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, does not possess Master Chief's advanced armor, reflexes and strength, he is more vulnerable to gunfire; players are forced to act more cautiously. The soldier HUD is different from the previous series, with red outlines for the enemies, but the aiming reticle remains.While the game is not focused on stealth gameplay, some elements of stealth will be incorporated. It will also include an open world environment, utilizing the old vehicles and weapons, and adding new features like more varied acrobatics for the Banshee.

Campaign

Set before Halo 3, the main objective of ODST is for the player to search through the ruins of New Mombasa and discover what happened to his missing teammates. As the player drops in the ODST pod, the Prophet of Regret's ship is seen jumping into slipspace.After finding a piece of evidence left behind — a sniper rifle hanging on a lamppost, for example — a flashback is triggered and the player assumes the role of the missing soldier. After players find the first beacon, the choice of where to go next is up to the player. It will also include an option which, unlike other Halo games, will allow the player to play the campaign levels in any order they want to.

Multiplayer

ODST's multiplayer offering is identical to Halo 3's, and will ship with a total of 24 maps. Maps consist of the original eleven Halo 3 maps (Construct, Epitaph, Guardian, High Ground, Isolation, Last Resort, Narrows, Sandtrap, Snowbound, The Pit, Valhalla), the Heroic map pack (Foundry, Rat's Nest, Standoff), the Legendary map pack (Avalanche, Blackout, Ghost Town), the "Cold Storage" map, and the Mythic map pack (Assembly, Orbital, and Sandbox) as well as three new maps (Citadel, Heretic, Longshore). The exclusive maps are also counted as "Mythic" maps and are tied into Halo 3's achievements.

Release Dates

U.S : September 22, 2009

Europe: September - October 2009

Screenshots

http://z.about.com/d/xbox/1/0/2/a/h3odst3.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/xbox/1/0/5/a/h3odst6.jpg

Video - Trailer

External Links

Halo 3: ODST at Bungie.net

Halo 3: ODST at Xbox.com

I saw this trailer yesterday, this is gonna be the best Halo ever. circlet.gif

Nah the best Halo has already been released.

You are talking to a 3-star general in Halo-3. ^^'

Nice emoticons btw.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its some crysis ?

I don't get your question. Explain your point better.

waiting for the release,that's why i love my Xbox360. :D

Yeah, its a must-buy imo. Pm me your gamertag btw. :> (mine is Killaz0r, anyone playin in Xbox live is free to add me)

• 2 weeks later...

hope it will be released for pc too, i don't own a xbox.

They won't release it cause they wanna promote Xbox-360s. They want to give you a reason to buy Xbox instead of other consoles.

Well, the game is now released, I bought it yesterday. Cool graphics (way better than Halo 3), nice campaign story/gameplay . The custom game 'firefight' is pretty good too (where you co-op w/ friends to beat unlimited covenants, coming out of doors and spaceships). Its a shame that there isn't a versus-multiplayer mode though.

Anyway, I'll lock this topic. You can always check Grisom's, which is more up to date.