[Preview][Red Faction: Guerrilla][PC-Xbox 360-PS3]

GrisoM

Red Faction: Guerrilla

red-faction-guerrilla-20081203045303031_640w.jpg

red-faction-guerrilla-20090319031039518_640w.jpg

red-faction-guerrilla-20090402032709155_640w.jpg

red-faction-guerrilla-20090422011223259_640w.jpg

red-faction-guerrilla-20090422011211806_640w.jpg

Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos.

Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla also features a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.

Also Available On: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Release Date: August 25, 2009

EE5ecIpTEb4&feature

Yeap , recently i downloaded the demo for the ps3, awesome game , some minor graphic issues on the enviroment but i guess that was just a demo.

I dont think so, i thnk they spend more money on weapons and explosions and they made a crappyer enviroment :P

I dont think so, i thnk they spend more money on weapons and explosions and they made a crappyer enviroment :P

Well i said it was the demo , i could notice at some corners etc. Dunno about the official release

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm downloading it, i've seen a few vids on yt and it looks pretty sick (you can fack up anything with your hammer xD)

I'll give my review of it in a few days ;D

• 1 month later...

Well i loved this game, this just came out:

During its annual investors conference call, THQ's Brian Farrell dropped details on that Homefront game we've been waiting on, as well as word on a new Red Faction title. Both will arrive during the company's fiscal 2011 window -- to us regular schmucks walking the streets, that's the period between April 2010 and March 31, 2011.

RFG2 ;D

Thoughts about RF:G for PC

RF:G Multiplayer Sucks big time,

Volition and THQ let ppl down on red faction 1 when they stopped releasing patches and they left one Cruicial file unprotected, You could mod the game while in multiplayer ;/

THQ let ppl down again on rf2 when they released the game and a week after the pc release they stopped supporting it ... what a fail

THQ let ppl down yet again with RF:G when they released a PC/Console game with a "wait an hour" feature,

I've bought RF:G because I was hoping to see a new, refreshed RF, all I got is no in-game chat, no dedicated server support and stupid games for windows live crap, also I have to mute all the kids in MP. <go to someone's live profile, mute them... repeat untill irritated>

This game proved to be a FAIL

• 2 months later...

7/4/2010

patch #2

http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=3435

Fixes:

* DirectX 9 or 10 selection will now be available using the "-nod3d10" launcher parameter.

* Fine Aim can now be toggled at any time except for sprinting.

* An option for "V-Sync" will be added to the "Options" menu.

* Fixed an issue with weapon selection sticking.

* Fixed Siege and Damage Control target indicators so they will now stay in their proper positions within 16:10 resolutions.

* Fixed an error in the resolution list where previously only 16 resolutions could be shown at once.

* Fixed an error where an "Enter" hint was being displayed during auto-saving.

* Windows 7 / Vista speed-up issue has been corrected.

* Launcher will now default to "Normal" priority instead of "Above Normal".

* Turret sensitivity has been tweaked to feel more natural.

Instructions

1. Download the patch Please ensure that you download and install only the appropriate files for the region of your version of the game as listed below.

2. Extract the "Content" directory from the downloaded file. This will have all of files required for the patch, which include a .exe, a .msi, and a .cab file.

3. Run the .exe file within that directory, and it will install the patch.

4. Load up the game and play. Your version should now be 1.0.2.0 (Vista / 7) or 1.0.2.1 (XP)

Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd-person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players will take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players will carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos. Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla will also feature a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.

Red Faction: Guerrilla re-defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.