[poll]L2j or L2OFF

If you could create a server what would you do it?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If you could create a server what would you do it?

• L2j
    • L2OFF

I managed a L2J server during 1 year and L2OFF server for 2 years now , and here is what makes me believe in L2OFF.

First , L2OFF directly coded into a low level language (asm) and you dont need to pass by the fucking virtual machine , which means better perfs.

You can do whatever you want with your thread and shit on , Java will still be badder than asm because you use a virtual machine.

L2J is easier to manage than OFF true , you can't fix thing on L2OFF than you can on L2J ? false , make your own extender and you will be abble to fix everything.

I saw "linux is more for pro" , well seems you don't know what windows server is so , have you ever heard of the "active directory" I bet you never done it.Windows is not bad and not easier than linux , trust me , sometime I prefer do an "apt get upgrade" than migrate an exchange server from 2003 to 2007 , just a fact, go read a bit technet.

The thing is that L2OFF C4 was made from a professional coder team called "ncsoft" with many developpers and studied for month before even start a line of code , I bet they used UML , what L2J didn't even done when they started. A team of "randoms" making their code and sending it without even speaking together can't code what a real dev team made in 3 years, it's just impossible to manage to make it well.

I don't say L2J is shity , I just say it's full of glitch ( one exemple , try to soe you will always be at the same spot , dunno if they fixed it but some month ago it was like it on L2J ).Many thing aren't implemented , even some from C1, and take a look at the m.crt calculation ^^.

The OFF extender are made to extend from C4 so you are 100% sure than all the things from C1 to C4 perfectly works with 0 bug and totaly stable, since it was done by ncsoft , then come the shit, anyway when you extend something , you always add few "errors" but some extenders does it well already to C6 with like almost 0 bugs , you just need to edit some skilldata editing , yeah ...

Now if you want to start making l2 server , go for L2J to begin , you will understand a bit how it works, L2J are also much easy for high rate since people made premade NPC and pack and seller and shit so , it's good to start.

Now if you want to go for a "pro" midrate or lowrate , L2OFF is the only one that can actualy stand this.

This has been proved by many big server aka : Paradise , Extreme (ok fully bugged but well ) , Abyss , DEX , PVPX and I miss some others.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...