Building my own server

Lain

Question

Okay I've got few questions about something if I'll plan to build my own server:

1) What is the most stabile, most unbuggable, unexploitable and unglitchable java pack? (I'm planning L2J Interlude)

2) How can I host? I always wondered how 15 years boys get their server online for like 50 ppl to play without lags. What I have is nothing, I've got part-time job but I won't cover server hosting, cos I need money for my real life. So is there any special way? Uh.

3) I'm a total noob. What should I learn first?

4) Any free protection against third-party programs?

Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

l2jserver more stable and it is has the best support, I dont know about l2jdot because i havent test it , I believe that is good.

for third parthy software , the only thing you need is to correct the java.. U have to learn to edit html , java and to know how to use sql it is easy!!

as i said and to others with these questions...

the 1st thing (easy thing) is to start with a preconfigured pack..

w/e i never made it.

i never use l2emu...

1st time i use l2j before many days..

which pack i use?

L2J Free...

i thing is the easier pack that you can edit/add things

ofc if you know very well java you can make and your own core with your own edits and addons.

You can start with to build your own server.

one member ( i cant remember him) called "unique" i think, has make the latest guide for how to build your own server..It's a sticky topic.

also have you got any experience to java, html, sql, python, xml ?

If yes you understand that easilly.

Learn to put npcs...

How to make buylist Shops, Multisell shops, teleports, buffer, ( i prefer you, if you dont know python, to start with buffer lately when you regognise the way to developing.)

and then you can make python npcs.

which are the change color, make you noblesse, buffer, change sex, change name..

with what you can conitnue?

good question.

As you can see in forum into developing of l2 boards, you find a lot of guides called "How to compile L2J Sources". With this you get the java source files which are the base files for your pack.

Simple, Your Pack work with this fiLes ( not all, by the basic, for this we called L2 Java Server )

them you must learn a lot java...

then you can edit your core and make modifications and add addons.

as you can see into share section Intrepid, Cobra, Rizel, Vago post scripts or adds

for some bugs, exploits etc.

some good things now.

You Never get any pack without bugs.

expoiters found another ways for one bug or make something same a lot.

as i know you are exploiter and you know this.

i'm exploiter too..

and to end this..

i prefer you to dont use L2JC pack or L2JDot.

not because i dont like the pack, because i thing the member of this try to experienced with this.

This is good. but you never know when they close.

L2J, L2JFree, L2JEmu make packs from c4 so you have more options to get these packs with support

(l2j have better support than l2j free and l2jfree better than l2emu.)

i think you helped.

Okay I've got few questions about something if I'll plan to build my own server:

1) What is the most stabile, most unbuggable, unexploitable and unglitchable java pack? (I'm planning L2J Interlude)

2) How can I host? I always wondered how 15 years boys get their server online for like 50 ppl to play without lags. What I have is nothing, I've got part-time job but I won't cover server hosting, cos I need money for my real life. So is there any special way? Uh.

3) I'm a total noob. What should I learn first?

4) Any free protection against third-party programs?

Thanks in advance.

1. l2j ofc

2.. u can host it in your pc.. NO-IP Server, but u must have minimum 4 GB Ram ,

net conection minimum upload 4mbps

minimum download 24mbps

...and dont use it..... this pc only for host your serv..not for use msn...toernts etc....u can get near 100 ppl without any lag

3. if u want a pvp serv... firt must learn to create alone bufers,shops,gks .... must learn all gm actions....

4. for gracia dont worry.. dont need any protection......

I will say you 3 things.

1. If you want serious server, The most important is to Learn Java(bcauz from java you can fix the important bugs), Bcauz the other language like html,xml,sql,python are more easy.

2.If you want a easy pack(at java) Use L2J , It is and stable and good support.

3.If you want the server to play with your friends use pre pack.

I will say you 3 things.

1. If you want serious server, The most important is to Learn Java(bcauz from java you can fix the important bugs), Bcauz the other language like html,xml,sql,python are more easy.

3.If you want the server to play with your friends use pre pack.

agree with cobra..but id chose l2jfree...most stable interlude source...rest = 0 xD

I will say you 3 things.

/agree

Well for the pack just download a simple one and edite it!

Search for good devs to help and some gm's

You dont need some many things to put your server on!!!

4gb ram, quad core, 10mb connection --> 100-150 ppl on without any lag!

Hope be helpfull!

I would tell you to avoid l2j and go for l2j free.As Strike says is the most trustful pack and there are very custom things to add.

Believe me I was using l2j when it was hellbound and it was full of bugs and problems.