Some random questions

Hello. I have asked these questions in many forums and i couldnt find answer to them. So.

1)if i rent a server from gameservers.com are these only for steam? cause i wouldnt like to rent a server and not even be able to play on.

2)My friends and me are thinging of making a clan. if we want to play clan maches will we have to play through steam?  Are the maches only played with steam?

3)when i try to make server the ip of the server is my real one and not the extrenall. Whay is that?

1)They have a list of demo servers, try to join with non steam...

2)You can play with both steam and non steam, but in order to play on non-steam you need to find a non steam server(cracked).

3)Can the others join on your external IP:PORT?

1) Ok

2)Is ti correct to play clan maches with other big teams non steam? Sounds a bit stupid or embarrasing. Thanks though.

3)When i contact him i will tell you.

Thank you. Plz dont lock the topic so i can say if things have worked.

Just now i tried to connect to my server with the extrenall ip and i couldnt connect. When i connect with the real one i can get in.

Ok so the problem is solved about the server creation. Thanks a lot. Now when i enter an ip for a steam server it sais that i am using protocoll 47 and i need update. Any link to to this? :P

1)The better is to play through steam(more abilities,options)

Now u can rent steam from GameServer.....

"Tired of waiting for your game hosting order to process? Wait no more - buy, pay and get your game server, ventrilo server, or teamspeak server up within minutes!

GameServers.com is closer than you expect. Pick from 14 hosting centers - 21 for Teamspeak & Ventrilo servers - from Europe to Australia!

Game during the day & game during the night - our support staff is there, ready to help you!

When you combine 100% Dual Quadcore servers with a premium worldwide network, you get GameServers.com. Go ahead, raise your expectations. GameServers.com provides cheap game servers at the best quality!

Game Server Hosting United States: Atlanta (Georgia), Chicago (Illinois), Dallas (Texas), Los Angeles (California), New York/New Jersey, San Jose (California), Seattle (Washington), St. Louis (Missouri), Tampa Bay (Florida)

Game Server Hosting Worldwide: Amsterdam (Netherlands), Frankfurt (Germany), London (England), Montreal (Canada)

To see your ping(latency) u can go here Gameservers.com and choose the best server for your region

(By GameServers.com)

2)The most of them are played through Steam and the most of the teams(Clans) use a chat program called "MIRC" to schedule their matches or to find opponents.....U can also subscribe in Esl.eu and register your personal profile and your team profile and find opponents via a smart tool they use.

3)If u don't use steam tool the only way to play with your friends is cracked non steam servers and LAN

Ok so i have managed to get my friends on my server but the lag after 6 players join gets massive. I have done that thing in set priority real time and reduces a bit but it isnt zero. If i want to play a match i wont be able to do it. Blooddog thanks for the link. I have downloaded it but havent tried it yet. So according to you i will be able to play on steam vac servers??

No, to play on vac servers you need to be on steam client.

To fix the problem with the lag you gotta update your line(upstream).

• 1 month later...

if you make the server with protocol 47/48  you can ply with non-steam and steam  check if you have

Na i have bought steam and i play there online. But when i play with my friends i play cracked version.