Rush desync on H5 protol 152

Wary

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. I hope Im in the right place to post this.

Im playing on a private l2off h5 server, as Admin says it is running on russian build of 152 client.

There is one bug that makes the game unplayable and the Devs say its part of the official file and they cant really fix this.

It has been like this for the last 4 months

Here is a video of the desync:

It is happening every 2nd or 3rd rush, not to this extreme but I get ported back and forth and end up seeing my char elsewhere then it actually is.
Did this happen on any other server? Is there a known fix for this? Any article I could read?
If I try to get something out of Admins I get a timeout, I hope I can get some help here

Here some info from dev:
image.thumb.png.4137952fd454073d3fef4792eb582433.png

My question is very simple, Is this really part of the off files and cant be fixed or are we getting lied to by incompetent devs ? 😄

Edited by Wary

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Doesn't happen to me when i test with retail client (273) on PTS H5.

(Also wasn't happening in their previous season with an older client, so I don't see how can this be a retail bug lol)

Edited by ratchet

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ratchet said:

Doesn't happen to me when i test with retail client (273) on PTS H5.

(Also wasn't happening in their previous season with an older client, so I don't see how can this be a retail bug lol)

Can you even run h5 properly on 152 protocol ? Isnt it easier to run it on h5 protocol ?
``Our client is a modern client (152 Protocol, Salvation), modded``

Edited by Wary

24 minutes ago, Wary said:

Can you even run h5 properly on 152 protocol ? Isnt it easier to run it on h5 protocol ?
``Our client is a modern client (152 Protocol, Salvation), modded``

You can run it on any protocol as long as you adapt the packets structure to it. Obviously it's easier to use the default 273.

If we're talking about the same server (we are), their season 1 client was working flawlessly, but I don't recall which protocol was it. Maybe it was the retail H5 with heavily modded interface.

34 minutes ago, ratchet said:

You can run it on any protocol as long as you adapt the packets structure to it. Obviously it's easier to use the default 273.

If we're talking about the same server (we are), their season 1 client was working flawlessly, but I don't recall which protocol was it. Maybe it was the retail H5 with heavily modded interface.

I didnt play s1 but I have heard there was a LOOT of disconnects. Do you think this bug will ever be fixed ?
I would assume its because of heavy modding and not a retail bug. But i have no clue about running l2 server and would gladly be corrected.

13 minutes ago, Wary said:

I didnt play s1 but I have heard there was a LOOT of disconnects. Do you think this bug will ever be fixed ?
I would assume its because of heavy modding and not a retail bug. But i have no clue about running l2 server and would gladly be corrected.

They will eventually fix it but I'm afraid this season is gone by now. Was dead the 2nd day already, and it's sad because I had a lot of fun in S1 (I never experienced any disconnect, that was probably a smartguard issue)..

From what i've heard, this bug appeared before even S2 launched, but I don't know if they had already pushed the new client by the time.

14 hours ago, Wary said:

its a issue from the server, client and server is not sychronize correctly and he send wrong, its issue from the server and need to be fixed from the source files. its extremely issue SOS and need to be fixed by our admins, i have fix this on my PTS Vanganth (C4) running on protocol 110.

One example:

4mu3JFm.png 

• Haha 1