Multiskill NPC

bershake

Question

Hi guys I wanna create multiskill npc where people can buy skills fore something does anyone can give me a hint how to do it I tried to add skills to shop but they wouldn't show up , I know for some of you this question will be funny but I'm struggling to get idea how to make this working .

Thanks for any help straight away !!

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, bershake said:

Hi guys I wanna create multiskill npc where people can buy skills fore something does anyone can give me a hint how to do it I tried to add skills to shop but they wouldn't show up , I know for some of you this question will be funny but I'm struggling to get idea how to make this working .

Thanks for any help straight away !!

just sell books.

By double tap on book - it will give u skill, which u can use.

You need use item handler for that. Which one - maybe it already exists, maybe it needs to be create, in any case - use books.

On 4/1/2024 at 8:34 AM, MrIndex said:

just sell books.

By double tap on book - it will give u skill, which u can use.

You need use item handler for that. Which one - maybe it already exists, maybe it needs to be create, in any case - use books.

Yeah, but I need all available skills. I don't think books alone cover them, to be honest. If you can give me a rough idea of how to proceed, I'm willing to try.

5 hours ago, bershake said:

Yeah, but I need all available skills. I don't think books alone cover them, to be honest. If you can give me a rough idea of how to proceed, I'm willing to try.

In short, what you need is this:
- special script (be it handler or AI or however your source handles it) that will be activated when you speak to the said NPC.
- hook the script to an NPC of your choice - your multi-skills manager if you will.
- a few static HTMLs and/or at least one Container HTML that will be used for the dynamic display of stuff.

Now the lengthier version:

You should create a special script/handler/AI (any will do initially) and assign it to an NPC of your choice (just has to be one that has no other special handler/script/ai assigned to it).

Once you have that in place, you need to develop/write the actual script/handler/ai of the npc, which in actuality will handle all of the skill learning.

To better illustrate it, think of the NPC as simply an empty box, in which you can put almost anything. In your case, you want to put a script/code that handles skill learning.

The script itself is not very complicated. You just need to set conditions/backstops that would prevent exploits (which will be the majority of the coding/programming), and then a couple of methods that will handle the actual DYNAMIC display of skills within the container HTML that you would create.
The dynamic display of skills means that you will be generating skills info and availability and populating the said Container HTML with the different data depending on who is using it and other conditions, such as learned skills/levels.

Edited by Salty Mike
  • Like 1