I want to prevent infinite macro looping.

borinet

Question

15 answers to this question

3 hours ago, borinet said:

Hello,
There are players using macros to perform actions similar to auto-hunting.
How can I prevent macros from running infinitely?
The version is Classic Seven Signs.

flood protectors is 1 way , second is to give us the part of code of macro so we can make something

I'm interested in the solution too, out of pure curiosity.

The flood protector will work only if the macro is being sent non-stop, which I don't think any Client Dev would be stupid enough to do. Instead, I'd expect that it is being sent every X ms, which would mean you wouldn't be able to reasonably differentiate between genuine MacroSpamming and auto-macroing.

One rather reasonable assumption would be to monitor and record the difference between UseMacro requests for each individual player and to disconnect them based on certain criteria.
Example - (MarcoUseRequestTime_1 - MacroUseRequestTime_2) != (MarcoUseRequestTime_3 - MarcoUseRequestTime_4) + X_miliseconds_to_account_for_network_delay.

[note]: Just note that a skilled client dev could simply add a random delay to macro-looping to bypass the above method.

As far as my knowledge goes, the ultimate solution should be in the client.
Maybe you can add something to your interface, some check that will be done through a packet every X seconds, similarly to how pinging works, but this one will just make sure that the player is using your interface and not another modified version.

Edited by Bru7aLMike

8 hours ago, Bru7aLMike said:

I'm interested in the solution too, out of pure curiosity.

The flood protector will work only if the macro is being sent non-stop, which I don't think any Client Dev would be stupid enough to do. Instead, I'd expect that it is being sent every X ms, which would mean you wouldn't be able to reasonably differentiate between genuine MacroSpamming and auto-macroing.

One rather reasonable assumption would be to monitor and record the difference between UseMacro requests for each individual player and to disconnect them based on certain criteria.
Example - (MarcoUseRequestTime_1 - MacroUseRequestTime_2) != (MarcoUseRequestTime_3 - MarcoUseRequestTime_4) + X_miliseconds_to_account_for_network_delay.

[note]: Just note that a skilled client dev could simply add a random delay to macro-looping to bypass the above method.

As far as my knowledge goes, the ultimate solution should be in the client.
Maybe you can add something to your interface, some check that will be done through a packet every X seconds, similarly to how pinging works, but this one will just make sure that the player is using your interface and not another modified version.

the best way to use the macro flood is to make it double the seconds each time u press and set a timer of 1 minute to 1:30 if u dont spam it again it will reset the timer

2 hours ago, Cressendia said:

the best way to use the macro flood is to make it double the seconds each time u press and set a timer of 1 minute to 1:30 if u dont spam it again it will reset the timer

And how does this account for a genuine, legit player who is just holding down the keyboard key with the marco?

you can make when this happens to request player to move in order to see that he is there  or smth , also someone said on this forum somewhere.. best free anti cheat is to create gameplay that can't or is harder to be cheated .. bring all players one special zone timers etc

Edited by LoVe+

I'm not referring to that. I want to prevent infinite looping when right-clicking on a macro. Please refer to the screenshot below.
Thank you.

Etina's Fate - Seven Signs EU Protocol 152 client.

L2J-Mobius Classic Seven Signs

img.jpg

Edited by borinet

The Active AntiCheat feature provides an option to do this. You can restrict macros to one line on the server side, but this will result in players losing the ability to change sets in situations, such as during the Olympiad.

9 hours ago, Trance said:

The Active AntiCheat feature provides an option to do this. You can restrict macros to one line on the server side, but this will result in players losing the ability to change sets in situations, such as during the Olympiad.

Hello~

What is Active AntiCheat, and where can I purchase it? I am currently using SmartGuard. Can they be used together?

Thank you~~

IS SOMETHING LIKE 300 EURO SEARCH GOOGLE ... i can make you a poor protection but it will work..  every time a skill is casted there will be a chance of 1% that player is needed to change coordinates via moving , if not skill wont be casted and player will be notified to move in order to cast skill. 

11 hours ago, borinet said:

Hello~

What is Active AntiCheat, and where can I purchase it? I am currently using SmartGuard. Can they be used together?

Thank you~~

Smart Guard is not nearly as effective as Active AntiCheat.

6 minutes ago, rafaelcordeiros said:

AAC can be bypassed?

Adrenaline can bypass it by using "one window" mode only if AAC isn't updated regularly.

12 hours ago, LoVe+ said:

Is Adrenaline secretly working behind scenes or at least negociating with AAC 

/?

even (if) this happens there's no alternative to AAC and it's not even comparable with other protections