Limit amount of loot on the ground L2j - H5

Kyboi

Question

Hello, I'm having a problem with my drop rates, due to the high amount of loot that Champions give I made it so that non-stackable items drop on the ground (since going over 500 items in the inventory disables a character), the problem is that in the long run sometimes Champions dropped hundreds or thousands of non-stackable items on the ground, causing massive lag, lowering the drop rate/chance isn't a possibility since that would mean massively decreasing the chance of item to be dropped from a regular mob, to solve this I just set the MultipleItemDrop config to False, with that only 1 item is created if the item is non-stackable

HOWEVER the problem is that now whenever I'm doing a quest and the NPC gives 2 or more items of the same ID (like the Spirit of Mirrors quest in the Human Village) I get only 1 instead, making the quest impossible to complete, I went into the core and noticed 2 variables affected by the MultipleItemDrop config: dropItem and addItem, I thought that maybe creating a new config and separating both would solve the problem, and it did, but after that if someone logged out while having equipped any item other than NG then the character would be unable to enter again, and a massive error appears on the console when someone tries to login said character, the error was basically StackOverflowError which with my really lacking knowledge of java it means that something is on an infinite loop

With that situation happening I think that now my safest option is to just limit the amount of items dropped on the ground, how can I do this? here's the code for the item drop:

public L2ItemInstance dropItem(L2PcInstance player, int itemId, long itemCount)
	{
		L2ItemInstance item = null;
		for (int i = 0; i < itemCount; i++)
		{
			// Randomize drop position.
			final int newX = (getX() + Rnd.get((RANDOM_ITEM_DROP_LIMIT * 2) + 1)) - RANDOM_ITEM_DROP_LIMIT;
			final int newY = (getY() + Rnd.get((RANDOM_ITEM_DROP_LIMIT * 2) + 1)) - RANDOM_ITEM_DROP_LIMIT;
			final int newZ = getZ() + 20;

if (ItemTable.getInstance().getTemplate(itemId) == null)
			{
				LOG.error("Item doesn't exist so cannot be dropped. Item ID: {} Quest: {}", itemId, getName());
				return null;
			}

item = ItemTable.getInstance().createItem("Loot", itemId, itemCount, player, this);
			if (item == null)
			{
				return null;
			}

if (player != null)
			{
				item.getDropProtection().protect(player);
			}

item.dropMe(this, newX, newY, newZ);

// Add drop to auto destroy item task.
			if (!Config.LIST_PROTECTED_ITEMS.contains(itemId))
			{
				if (((Config.AUTODESTROY_ITEM_AFTER > 0) && !item.getItem().hasExImmediateEffect()) || ((Config.HERB_AUTO_DESTROY_TIME > 0) && item.getItem().hasExImmediateEffect()))
				{
					ItemsAutoDestroy.getInstance().addItem(item);
				}
			}
			item.setProtected(false);

// If stackable, end loop as entire count is included in 1 instance of item.
			if (item.isStackable() || !Config.MULTIPLE_ITEM_DROP)
			{
				break;
			}
		}
		return item;
	}

And the code for the itemdrop on L2Attackable.java:

public void doItemDrop(L2NpcTemplate npcTemplate, L2Character mainDamageDealer)
	{
		if (mainDamageDealer == null)
		{
			return;
		}

L2PcInstance player = mainDamageDealer.getActingPlayer();

// Don't drop anything if the last attacker or owner isn't L2PcInstance
		if (player == null)
		{
			return;
		}

CursedWeaponsManager.getInstance().checkDrop(this, player);

if (isSpoiled())
		{
			_sweepItems.set(npcTemplate.calculateDrops(DropListScope.CORPSE, this, player));
		}

Collection<ItemHolder> deathItems = npcTemplate.calculateDrops(DropListScope.DEATH, this, player);
		if (deathItems != null)
		{
			for (ItemHolder drop : deathItems)
			{
				L2Item item = ItemTable.getInstance().getTemplate(drop.getId());
				// Check if the autoLoot mode is active
				if (isFlying() || ((!item.hasExImmediateEffect() && ((!isRaid() && Config.AUTO_LOOT) && (item.isStackable() || (isRaid() && Config.AUTO_LOOT_RAIDS)))) || (item.hasExImmediateEffect() && Config.AUTO_LOOT_HERBS)))
				{
					player.doAutoLoot(this, drop); // Give the item(s) to the L2PcInstance that has killed the L2Attackable
				}
				else
				{
					dropItem(player, drop); // drop the item on the ground
				}

// Broadcast message if RaidBoss was defeated
				if (isRaid() && !isRaidMinion() && (drop.getCount() > 0))
				{
					final SystemMessage sm = SystemMessage.getSystemMessage(SystemMessageId.C1_DIED_DROPPED_S3_S2);
					sm.addCharName(this);
					sm.addItemName(item);
					sm.addLong(drop.getCount());
					broadcastPacket(sm);
				}
			}
		}
    }

Thanks in advance

Edited by Kyboi

1 answer to this question

Edit ItemsAutoDestroy#addItem method, simply enforce whatever timer you want.

L2J already handles your case, eg. herbs naturally dissapear after a while.