Texture Map or Export 3DsMax Textured Object

VegaBoy

As the title itself informs, I would like to know if there is a way to map a texture of the object I created in 3dsmax and create a utx file with the object already mapped, or export the 3dsmax object with the texture and use it in l2.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:57 PM, VegaBoy said:

As the title itself informs, I would like to know if there is a way to map a texture of the object I created in 3dsmax and create a utx file with the object already mapped, or export the 3dsmax object with the texture and use it in l2.

yes is possible, 3ds Max as you say when export mapped objetc you need link objet via UnrealEngine mapping into texture option or too if its a objet with bones and not staticmesh you can link via PSK in the tab of Unreal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CriticalError said:

yes is possible, 3ds Max as you say when export mapped objetc you need link objet via UnrealEngine mapping into texture option or too if its a objet with bones and not staticmesh you can link via PSK in the tab of Unreal.

CriticalErr0, I'm new to texture and animation.

Let me explain what I'm trying to do.

I am trying to implement the Dawn Book, (the priest of dawn's book), in the left hand. I took his animation inside the LineageWeapon file and changed his coordinates inside 3dsmax. I managed to implement it in-game, but the animation when I try to use the texture from the "original dawn book", it is misplaced on the weapon I created.

10 hours ago, CriticalError said:

I don't think I know how to do this! :(

because if you use right hand weapon and try put in left you can't do it, because client accord of config in database and weapongrp get that, you need change so via server side into your database, don't remember table but is in weapon.sql 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 11:44 AM, CriticalError said:

because if you use right hand weapon and try put in left you can't do it, because client accord of config in database and weapongrp get that, you need change so via server side into your database, don't remember table but is in weapon.sql 

First of all, thanks for answering me and sorry for the delay in answering you. I've tried it in the database, in weapongrp.dat, in weapon.sql and I didn't have any results, the only way I got it was taking the weapon's animation and creating a new one using it and making the weapon turn into a shield. But the problem is that now I can't make the texture fit the weapon I created, when I put the texture on it comes out all messed up, as if it didn't fit it.

if you want I can send you the weapon "object" file and you can see what's happening...

11 hours ago, VegaBoy said:

First of all, thanks for answering me and sorry for the delay in answering you. I've tried it in the database, in weapongrp.dat, in weapon.sql and I didn't have any results, the only way I got it was taking the weapon's animation and creating a new one using it and making the weapon turn into a shield. But the problem is that now I can't make the texture fit the weapon I created, when I put the texture on it comes out all messed up, as if it didn't fit it.

if you want I can send you the weapon "object" file and you can see what's happening...

you can use a weapongrp line from bow, it equip in the left hand, about texture you need check the UNWRAP is fine or you will be fix via 3ds max texture, exporting the map of UV so you can work better and have a guide of them gl.

Edited by CriticalError

21 hours ago, CriticalError said:

you can use a weapongrp line from bow, it equip in the left hand, about texture you need check the UNWRAP is fine or you will be fix via 3ds max texture, exporting the map of UV so you can work better and have a guide of them gl.

I'm going to test it today when I get home from work, using a line from a bow's weapongrp and see what happens. any results I'll let you know here.

I don't know much about 3dsmax, I have no idea how to do it, if you can help me, I would be very grateful!

I managed to use it on the left hand using its original 3dsmas modeling, changing some coordinates and using it as a shield. but the texture does not recognize the book and everything is out of the pattern, the whole texture is crooked.

Tonight I'll send you a picture of how the texture looks in the "Dawn Book"!

Edited by VegaBoy

• 2 weeks later...

well after making some tests I see OAUKX fuck object or something like that, I exported the UKX created with OAUKX to get OBJ and after import into max and see UNWRAP fucked

4.jpg

How fix?

well you need export the model to 3ds format and convertir with another tool to obj, not use Max, you can use another soft like Milkshape as far remember

5.jpg

try and test, I upload ukx + obj converted to check this new one with old ones.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kzro96fk24nz1s2/Fix+2.7z/file

3 hours ago, CriticalError said:

well after making some tests I see OAUKX fuck object or something like that, I exported the UKX created with OAUKX to get OBJ and after import into max and see UNWRAP fucked

How fix?

well you need export the model to 3ds format and convertir with another tool to obj, not use Max, you can use another soft like Milkshape as far remember

try and test, I upload ukx + obj converted to check this new one with old ones.

All wrong. You forgot the client editing basics and basic animation editing there. Also the fact that you write "fix" but still you give it completely broken makes no sense for me. Especially a supposed experienced client developer like you @CriticalError

// On topic :

I have fixed what the author @VegaBoy requests, and I am sharing it Dawn Fixed

Topic can be locked.

Take care 

Screenshot-22.png

Edited by Dev
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dev said:

All wrong. You forgot the client editing basics and basic animation editing there. Also the fact that you write "fix" but still you give it completely broken makes no sense for me. Especially a supposed experienced client developer like you @CriticalError

// On topic :

Topic can be locked.

Take care 

Screenshot-22.png

First I want to apologize for not expressing myself well in the previous posts, I would also like to point out that I'm not an expert like you in Client animation and texturing, I'm a noob and I'm just looking for knowledge. I would like to thank you for spending your time with a person without much knowledge like me!

I would like to thank you @Dev , @NevesOma and @CriticalError

The fix worked, here's the print:

p7ui1j.png

Could you tell us how it was fixed?

Edited by VegaBoy

9 hours ago, Dev said:

// On topic :

Topic can be locked.

Take care 

Screenshot-22.png

yes, of course, no, client animation? what animation is here? it's just a 3D model, you don't even know the basic concepts, besides the fact that the uploaded file is not broken, the capture is fine with its corresponding texture and without error in the UV, as I mentioned I don't use that tool anymore but try to give it a solution to your problem which I did by exporting it with another tool, so it is better to call silence if you are not going to cooperate, I close the topic.

6 hours ago, VegaBoy said:

First I want to apologize for not expressing myself well in the previous posts, I would also like to point out that I'm not an expert like you in Client animation and texturing, I'm a noob and I'm just looking for knowledge. I would like to thank you for spending your time with a person without much knowledge like me!

I would like to thank you @Dev , @NevesOma and @CriticalError

The fix worked, here's the print:

p7ui1j.png

Could you tell us how it was fixed?

read the whole answer by me, I told there how I fix error of UV broken.