A scroll that gives a skill attribute

rtcxool

Question

Good morning everyone,

Hope you're all fine.

I need some help, not sure is that even possible in the first place but still...

I want to make a scroll that gives a skill attribute.

I mean, for example:

Scroll of Strenght   -   A scroll that gives +1 STR status when you click on it.

Scroll of Dexterity    -    A scroll that gives +1 DEX status when you click on it.

Scroll of Intelligent    -    A scroll that gives +1 INT status when you click on it. 

And so on...

As far as I know, just equippable items can add this attributes. But I need to be a scroll, something like extractable item, which gives such attribute when you click on it.

I'm not able to edit anything java side, I mean I do not have access to java files. All I have is server datapack (GameServer/LoginServer) and manage them through MariaDB.

So I'm expecting that this can be done Python script way on something.

Do you have any ideas how to make such a scroll?

Thanks in advance guys!

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, rtcxool said:

Good morning everyone,

Hope you're all fine.

I need some help, not sure is that even possible in the first place but still...

I want to make a scroll that gives a skill attribute.

I mean, for example:

Scroll of Strenght   -   A scroll that gives +1 STR status when you click on it.

Scroll of Dexterity    -    A scroll that gives +1 DEX status when you click on it.

Scroll of Intelligent    -    A scroll that gives +1 INT status when you click on it. 

And so on...

As far as I know, just equippable items can add this attributes. But I need to be a scroll, something like extractable item, which gives such attribute when you click on it.

I'm not able to edit anything java side, I mean I do not have access to java files. All I have is server datapack (GameServer/LoginServer) and manage them through MariaDB.

So I'm expecting that this can be done Python script way on something.

Do you have any ideas how to make such a scroll?

Thanks in advance guys!

What files u are using that u don’t have an access?

Hi,

By saying don't have access I mean I have no idea how to edit anything java side.

I used to have a server, java server back in 2012. Now I'm working on a passion project, just having fun creating, have no real plans to open a server.

So I'm creating everything old way, by editing data files: .htm, .xml, python and so on. Plus MariaDB.

I saw lots of topics saying open a java file, open java pocket or something like.. I don't even know what is that and don't want to dive into that.

I kinda have solution to my question. Scroll that can add an attribute (STR/DEX/CON/etc..) is too complicated.

Instead, better to make NPC who can do the job,  I just need to write a quest like script and using 'on event' python script function, if player have appropiate stone (stone of STR/DEX/etc) in inventory, the stone will disapear and attribute will be added. Sounds easy enough, but... 

Does anyone know what python script function working for L2 that can add a skill?

Most of function used in quests is these. 

st.giveItems(ITEM,1)

st.takeItems(ITEM,1)

But is there are a function that can give a skill, not an item?

Thanks for the help!