Directions from Experienced users welcome!

MindDeveloper

Question

Hello Everyone.

I am an Old l2 player who stopped playing after Interlude and just came back some months ago to l2. 

During the time I was away I gathered some Programming knowledge ( M.I.T Student in Germany ), and was hoping to put my new knowledge thowards a Private project ( L2 Classic ) for the fun of it. My goal is to develop stuff for fun and Private use for now, and some open source projects in the future ( Hopefully I get to that Point ). 

I have been lurking these forums for a couple of months now and realised many servers ( L2 classic ) that are up and running are "buying" files (?) instead of writing their own stuff like we used to do back in c1-c6, now since that is NOT my way of having fun, paying for stuff that I would have more fun doing myself I politly ask you guys for advise and a tip in the right direction.

My request: 

I would like to know where I could find some " Base " L2J files for L2 classic if possible. I tested a server with L2 Classic 2.8 and would like to work on such files or above (2.8+), so far all I found were websites SELLING them which seems to be the way things work now. I dont want to steal the work from anyone if thats what you think, I would like to grab some base stuff where maybe noone ever wrote a single line of code on top.

I would also like to ask if there are any guides among the community to kickstart new developers of the L2J Classic scene.

And ofcourse some feedback of experienced users  would also be welcome, anything and everything that helps me find my path :)

I dont know If im breaking any rules by posting this in the Help section, I thought it would be more appropriate than using the discussion forums for this mather. 

I would be trully grateful for any and all the help.

Best Regards.

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, MindDeveloper said:

Hello Everyone.

I am an Old l2 player who stopped playing after Interlude and just came back some months ago to l2. 

During the time I was away I gathered some Programming knowledge ( M.I.T Student in Germany ), and was hoping to put my new knowledge thowards a Private project ( L2 Classic ) for the fun of it. My goal is to develop stuff for fun and Private use for now, and some open source projects in the future ( Hopefully I get to that Point ). 

I have been lurking these forums for a couple of months now and realised many servers ( L2 classic ) that are up and running are "buying" files (?) instead of writing their own stuff like we used to do back in c1-c6, now since that is NOT my way of having fun, paying for stuff that I would have more fun doing myself I politly ask you guys for advise and a tip in the right direction.

My request: 

I would like to know where I could find some " Base " L2J files for L2 classic if possible. I tested a server with L2 Classic 2.8 and would like to work on such files or above (2.8+), so far all I found were websites SELLING them which seems to be the way things work now. I dont want to steal the work from anyone if thats what you think, I would like to grab some base stuff where maybe noone ever wrote a single line of code on top.

I would also like to ask if there are any guides among the community to kickstart new developers of the L2J Classic scene.

And ofcourse some feedback of experienced users  would also be welcome, anything and everything that helps me find my path :)

I dont know If im breaking any rules by posting this in the Help section, I thought it would be more appropriate than using the discussion forums for this mather. 

I would be trully grateful for any and all the help.

Best Regards.

I haven't used java in 2 years. If you want to start a good project, haven't you thought about extending L2Classic in L2OFF GF?
It would be very interesting, I tell you just to keep in mind.