Classic Vs Interlude- hi5

On 12/1/2018 at 1:46 PM, Pamela32 said:

Hello guys i m wonder why ppl working on 2k18 at c6 and hi5 projects while all of them close at 2 weeks while classics are the future ..

outhere exist only 2 projects that working on classsic ...

1 mobius and have normal prices 

2 l2jscripts and u have to pay 7272727726euro to open a server 

I m wonder why people like tryskel why they dont start working on classic while c6 will disappear soon.. ?

#peace 

I like Interlude Chronicle, I almost only played C3/C4 and IL servers. Interlude isn't Classic, and will never be for the simple reason Classic is still being updating, and will be different of Interlude (it is already different, even if they tend to match with Interlude).

Interlude got a specific vibe than almost none chronicles got. The only other chronicle with such vibe would be C3 (personal opinion).

You also forget than following each NCSOFT move means you need :

• To rush things in order your pack isn't complete failure (lack of feature, etc). L2H H5 is the best exemple, they couldn't follow the accumulation of features and simply stopped (had to stop) to a point, which was H5, due to the amount of bad codes spread here and there - an accumulation of 5y of diff patchwork put here and there by 50+ devs.
  • Data, a lot of data. Until you pay someone really special or got specific contacts. Which I don't have and don't care to have. To code things RIGHT, you have to rely to something ; scripts, AIs, HTMs, ingame behavior... Things you can't invent out of the void. Well, russians do. But they are russians, not humans ;).

----

People say Interlude is dead since 2010. 8 years later, there are still Interlude servers and players. And guess what ? There will still have IL servers in the future.

The era of L2J servers as you knew it is over - that being said, the era of MMOs is over. Games like Fortnite, PUBG, LoL... Are simply gathering most of the playerbase. The number of MMOs which failed, no matter how technologicly advanced they are, what they offer,... Is impressive (Firefly, RaiderZ to name only those 2). And that behavior will increase with time, because there are more and more games, but the playerbase isn't overextending. Which mean more games split the same playerbase.

----

I code for fun, if that was a job I would ask 2000€/month. And guess what, it wouldn't speed up things, because I already spend a shitload amount of time - when I decide to code. If Kara' and all those crybabies/barking dogs/pissdrinkers were willing to share useful fixes instead of sharing pointless customs, maybe things would speedup - for one pack or another. I continue to be amazed about how people can react about other people work, when they do strictly nothing to "speed up" things themselves.

I would like to see any of you fix and test 340+ scripts. I did it. Did you ? Did you share a retail AI somewhere, a quest, a bugfix ? Nope ? Then stfu and continue to observe. No matter the amount of bugs and features undone, there is a shitload amount of work already done. And you hardly can deny it. I don't know a lot of people who kept a project for 8y. Mine is one of them, and there are others, fortunately.

I spent few thousands hours of work on aCis. Can you say you did something similar for a L2J project, work, or custom ? Did you make L2J evolve, did you help grow it up ? Did you contribute in order your work is used by a big (I don't say 3 randomers) amount of people ?

I still got fun deving, and that's the main point. You can't work on a project for 8y without doing pauses (I did few pauses in the past, and there were needed). And even if I got shares, fixes and stuff from the community, it is definitively not enough. L2J is a factory, where one fixed thing calls 2 broken things. The amount of things to fix is simply astonishing.

If I'm the only dude working on Interlude - so be it. I don't work for the fame and the money. I work for the passion and the challenge.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2