Evening Ladies and Gentleman, 

Our project is being progressed and I would say that within next couple of days, we are able to open a beta, just to check server configurations (only for staff members). I would like to have some ideas with regards about what kind of server we should launch?

Points to keep in mind: Project is High Five L2OFF, Community Board is working and configurable, Auto Potions, PrimeStore will become Vote Point Store (Yes everyone can purchase Premium), server will be No Donation, players are not even able to purchase a Premium Account, I would like to keep server original (not having custom items or custom npc's), have all possible official Lineage 2 events. 

I start with first idea:

Server rates: x1 - x3
Comm Buffer: Will have x50 style Full buffer
GMShop: Contains only Common Items till A-grade (Which means all Normal items are either crafted, dropped or purchased from normal store)
Enchanting: off like + Blessed scroll: Upon failure reduces enchant value by -3 
offline stores
Gameplay/quest is original
Comm Gatekeeper to all various teleports
Auto Learn skills
Auto Pickup for Normal Monsters

let me know how bad is this idea? :)

2nd idea:

Server Rates x5
No Buffer
GmShop only to bring shops closer to user (basically same stores as luxury shop, consumable shop, with same price)
not auto learn

Auto Pickup for Normal Monsters
DONT TOUCH THE GAME CONFIGS, LEAVE EVERYTHIGN REST OFF LIKE

Let me know what you think?

Edited by iPlay.GG - KromBacher

I think it'll be good like, 

Rates: Experience/Skill Points x5 

Adenas/Drop/Spoil x3

Gm Shop only common or shadow equipment (until B/A) and some support misc items.

Buffer with just basic buffs  (and maybe until a level limit to use),  and leave retail buff slots.

Auto Pick Up.

Let everything else as retail, including skill learning.

16 minutes ago, Vegosa said:

I think it'll be good like, 

Rates: Experience/Skill Points x5 

Adenas/Drop/Spoil x3

Gm Shop only common or shadow equipment (until B/A) and some support misc items.

Buffer with just basic buffs  (and maybe until a level limit to use),  and leave retail buff slots.

Auto Pick Up.

Let everything else as retail, including skill learning.

I will try your idea out and will post a screen of 2 hours gameplay. Currently I've finished 60 minutes of gameplay with x2 Rates (XP/SP=2, Adena=1, Drop Chance=5) + Buffs what you can see on screen (Jewels are from newbie guide). Wondering if it's good idea to create new currency ingame, that is dropped from monsters - Currency is used to purchase ALT+B Buffs. With average 1/67 monsters = 1 Coin (Buffs cost from 1 to 6 coins), or it would ruin the off like gameplay ?

Buffs.jpg

3 minutes ago, iPlay.GG - KromBacher said:

I will try your idea out and will post a screen of 2 hours gameplay. Currently I've finished 60 minutes of gameplay with x2 Rates (XP/SP=2, Adena=1, Drop Chance=5) + Buffs what you can see on screen (Jewels are from newbie guide).

I think my suggestion is the best fit for you.The idea is a little "fasted" leveling rate, and at same time maintaining a great economy and a competitive trade system in your server,while offering a retail gameplay with a good support system overall. 

2 hours ago, Vegosa said:

I think my suggestion is the best fit for you.The idea is a little "fasted" leveling rate, and at same time maintaining a great economy and a competitive trade system in your server,while offering a retail gameplay with a good support system overall. 

Hi Vegosa, you are right, these rates are excellent. I did increase drop chance/spoil chance, rest is based on your information.
image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Total time spent from 1 to 40 (average 1 hour and 20 minutes, just grinding). These are buffs I've used from start up.

Next step:

- Mana Potions? (Currently in use 2 second delay Mana Potions, that heals 60 MP), technically when was grinding with wizard, I was required to have on average 200 potions from 1-40 (I was lazy to pickup herbs). I'm planning to put potions in Live server use with 250 Adena cost per each in Shop (They can be used automatically).

- Class Change - I had an idea to have it for free from 1st till 3rd. Upon taking new class, there is a Shadow gear box with 600/600 MP 

1st Class Free = D grade Shadow Set Box 600 mana  (Robe/Heavy/Light) 
2nd Class Free  = C grade Shadow Set Box 600 mana (Robe/Heavy/Light) + 2 000 000 Adena
3rd Class Free = S grade Shadow Set Box 600 mana (Robe/heavy/Light) + 10 000 000 Adena

only NPC buffer ingame is Newbie Buffer, which will give user a full buff till level 75, Fighters/Mystics/Pets have different buffs (Including sound of buffing)
Fighters.pngMystics.pngPets.png

Finishing off with sound Effects, then HTML and buffer is complete :)

On 11/1/2018 at 9:55 PM, iPlay.GG - KromBacher said:

only NPC buffer ingame is Newbie Buffer, which will give user a full buff till level 75, Fighters/Mystics/Pets have different buffs (Including sound of buffing)

nice option,and better remove pet buffs,or limit their slots usage, or will make them farm way easier and be op at 40-75lvl range pvps. 

1 minute ago, Vegosa said:

nice option,and better remove pet buffs,or limit their slots usage, or will make them farm way easier and be op at 40-75lvl range pvps. 

I've limited buffs for Fighters and Mystics, 

image.png.fcf1134c86d4da13851bfb490f2403a1.png

fighter.png

Pets are using same as Fighter buff + Mystic buff (Once i'm certain on beta test, players can test it, if it's OP I will change it, but I like the idea that Buffs are available only for players between Level 6 and Level 75, that includes Pets, if master Level is above that, pet's wont get anything).

This is our proffesion changer, appearently i'm in love with Official L2 HTML simplicity, don't like fancy buttons, it takes away the feeling of originality :)

Kidmac.png

and Our upcoming common item store, which will have same items and same price, as normal stores selling common items, simple and original :) - I think

Gmshop.png

Mana potions will not be sold nowhere, but is being dropped by all monsters in world, for now I got setting where at x5 rates, between level 1 to 40, I've received 210 manapotions (60 MP is healed per potion , 1,5 sec cooldown and not tradable)

and below is Antibuff ... haha and store icon :D , which I noted right now :D

Antibuff.png

• 2 weeks later...

Server looks very clean, but why r u combining high and low rate concepts? Players who like rates up to x5 wouldn't accept a NPC buffer that easy. You are basically destroying buffers even more than NCSOFT did by making L2 so buff dependant :P By buffing the pets you are also destroying the uniqueness of each summoner class, with mana potions you are destroying SE and EE. 6-75 is a considerable time where supports will never get parties. So it will be mainly DD classes, which in turn makes it a PVP server, with low rates, which doesn't make sense :(

13 hours ago, sepultribe said:

Server looks very clean, but why r u combining high and low rate concepts? Players who like rates up to x5 wouldn't accept a NPC buffer that easy. You are basically destroying buffers even more than NCSOFT did by making L2 so buff dependant :P By buffing the pets you are also destroying the uniqueness of each summoner class, with mana potions you are destroying SE and EE. 6-75 is a considerable time where supports will never get parties. So it will be mainly DD classes, which in turn makes it a PVP server, with low rates, which doesn't make sense :(

There been some updates, but i feel what you are saying. It really depends on upcoming days as i just yesterday finished with network settings/smartguard and account control panel.

I've Decided to completely remove Anti Buff idea, These buffs which are available from Adventurer Buffer is till Level 75, "GmSHop" is only for Common items - just to balance out that players are not running around with No grade items at level 35 (Since server Exp Rate is 5 and Adena Rate is 3).

- Currently im working on adding 7 Signs Gatekeeper, which will allow users to Teleport outside of SSQ area
- Thinking to add Noblesse NPC, which can be purchased for Adena
- Thinking to add Subclass Quest completion which can be purchased for Adena aswell
- Each Town will have a "Territory Guide" , which can be used to teleport Hunting grounds of That particular Territory (If im successful, then NPC will refuse to talk when Siege or Territory war is on)
- Autopotions will be included.
- yesterday got installed Account control panel, which i really love the auction/purchase/sell via webbrowser (Full control of game character).

It's nothing fancy, and i think i will be able to finish up the final setup within 2-3 days, after which i will focus with my team (i found a nice core team) on forums and launch the Advertisement, i will monitor the forums quite often and make the changes based on players overwhelming request (Taking into account yours aswell).

Here's the thing, this whole project is one big risk and my first personal private server - everything  configured is based on my own experience. With regards of current Adventurer Buffer, i'm taking into account that what if server is not going to have enough players to fill in the buffer position, what if it only reaches 300 online - that case those players who truly wants to play, they still theoretically can play with not having problems with "Not enough players" (or i will figure out how to make it happen). 

About Auto potions, which is another high rate server feature - there are tons of ways to automate potions anyway, for example, i personally have gaming mouse and keyboard which allow to create such scripts, yes even tho im using SmartGuard, which disables most of softwares, there will be always new ways to achieve it - Solution, make Potion Automatic Globally.

Class Changer - I simply hated doing all those quests

Noblesse Quest - Still considering, nothing definite

Subclass Quest - Same as Noblesse quest, not sure yet

I have fully working community board + customisable into L2J Comm Board style, but honestly i dont like it, so on last minute i decided to not to include it into  a server, maybe later.

To keep it short, my vision is to allow and encourage players to try the PTS server at its fullest, whilst it's balanced between Higher rate features. Also would like to point out that current changes are mostly focused for players between levels of 1 to 61, anything above that is based on PTS with x5 rating - It's up to players where to get Soulshot S grade (Wont be in Donations), Highest grade for Shop is A grade common, Epic raid quests etc is really up to them (i personally think that most interesting gameplay will begin at levels of 70+) - maybe i'm wrong.

- Server is not going to have any ingame spamming announcement advertising crap
- No designs that feature lady parts to increase "Horny online"
- We wont be asking or begging for votes from players (I will use my own resources to purchase advertisements)
- I will be very strict and probably cut out all access to ingame "builder" actions (there's really no need for builders to be on live server anyway).

PS:  @sepultribe you really made me think there :) - But at the end of day, heck with it :), lets see what next upcoming days will bring :)

10 hours ago, sepultribe said:

lol how many hours did u stay awake, thats a lot of energy drinks there

Too many within past 3 months, week after launch will take timeout for a week and will visit family (Once im certain that everything runs properly) ^ ^.